makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is obvious that with this epidemic and the imposition of quarantine, all poker rooms are overcrowded. They have more players and sometimes they are the double than they used to be! This can be a good push for the game, but it could be temporary situation. Of course we all wish the vanish of this epidemic and the arrival of a healthy and safe situation. What do you think?

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im assuming your talking about online. I know most sites are crushing guarantees and thats good for poker, but fields are getting so big reaching itm is taking longer and longer. Kind of a double edge sword more money but longer tournaments. I think once live poker starts back up you'll see the online games level back off.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure that having a lot more players is a bad thing. It will increase prize pools, and make the fields, and thus the cashing amounts, bigger. Besides, the more fish the better. Bring on the massive fields.
Unless they're playing freerolls. Then the prizes are thinner.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed the increase in traffic, and i think the games have been looser.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In the short term this has been good for online poker, in fact a strong increase when the overall trend had been decline of play in recent years . However, someone made a good point many weeks ago. If the economy does not recover quickly and people regain full employment that increase will plateau out and then even decline.

As for the long term effects, I hope more people will keep playing online having become habituated but I would have no clue as to whether the recent boost in online play will remain strong.

D

D_godfather

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stars crashed/ froze for an extended period 12 hours ago, seems they can’t cope!?

No comms about their issues or lag generally which I find poor.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have never seen more than three hundred thousand players on the pokerstars website before the epidemic !!! Of course, after the end of the epidemic, some of the players will leave, but I think that a lot of games will remain and will continue to play !!!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.Of course there are more people playing online poker(specially on Stars) these days but when quarantine ends,most people will start working again,so the online poker traffic will be as it used to be before this pandemic.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With there being so many people playing you need to allow more time to play. The down side is that the money stays the same but the number of payouts increases. In some cases it is just not worth playing for 4 or more hours just to win 25 cents. So I still play only because I enjoy it and I try playing different styles. If I am knocked out so what.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, when everything ends there will be a recession of players, so take a moment. I hope that everything will end soon, and a pandemic and hysteria. Consider that there are more bots.

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a temporary situation. When the epidemic ends, there will be fewer players

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a double-edged sword that have led to the temporary spike. More players on at all times, so a wide range of opportunities and games to play, which has resulted in sometimes easier fields. Also has led to more issues accommodating the influx and updates. When the epidemic does end, they'll likely be a decrease in players.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Volume seem to have reached a plateau on most poker sites and will likely begin to slowly decline again at some point. How fast that decline will be, is difficult to say. It seems likely now, that there will remain limitations on many of the recreational activities, that compete with online poker, for quite some time.

There will for the foreseeable future be no sports events, concerts or festivals, and in many countries bars and discos will remain closed. There will for sure be way less travel than normal. So even if people go back to work, they will still have less to do in their free hours.

Game quality has probably also peaked. I feel, I see some signs of that on PokerStars already. This is also a natural development, because the money transfer from bad to good players, and the bad players then either stop playing or start to study and become better.

As I wrote before, the economic crisis is also not good in the long run for any kind of business, who deliver non-essential services or goods. Right now people still have money, but that is going to change in the not so distant future, as more and more people lose their job and income.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah There is a surge in players in poker world that is why I am seeling a lot of loose play in Cash games. People shoving with the handsblike K 2 and 9 3 and saying they are getting bore!!!!

sarvari_ati

sarvari_ati

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in unibet and bet365 poker.
It is not overcrowded.
There are never more than 500-1000 people in tournaments.
I can only recommend.
Good health and good luck everyone! :)