Opinions on global Poker?

J

joe cherry

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i currently play at acr and bol I was thinking about trying global poker. Has anyone tried it and if so how is it?

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on there every now and then. Used to use paypal to deposit and withdraw, real easy. hey have changed it now, if you deposit it should be the same for withdraw, not sure though.
I have not tried to withdraw in the new system. They do have some good daily tourneys. Also if you use the gold coins and play so many hands, you can play in special tourneys for .11.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i currently play at acr and bol I was thinking about trying global poker. Has anyone tried it and if so how is it?

Global Poker is Alright! Not too Bad!

I've been watching Twitch.tv Streamers using Global Poker and then decided to check it out...

they use a different real money system im not familiar with as when i've tried to deposit the WorldPay wont take my visa debit card... they dont use PayPal either... hmmmm

They do a Freeroll earning real money each day for those who've played 50 hands in a Ring game for play chips...

I like it but its very slow moving, the players in the ring games take forever to play... lol

Stop when the fun stops or each hand takes 5mins and you have 49 more hands to go:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would not recommend this site to anyone. The system they use is a "sweepstakes", meaning each game is like a separate game in which the winning hand is already determined. Please take the time to read their terms of service before depositing any real money on this site!

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not fan . I play there sometimes but it's very rare .

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Global Poker is Alright! Not too Bad!

I've been watching Twitch.tv Streamers using Global Poker and then decided to check it out...

they use a different real money system im not familiar with as when i've tried to deposit the WorldPay wont take my visa debit card... they dont use PayPal either... hmmmm

They do a Freeroll earning real money each day for those who've played 50 hands in a Ring game for play chips...

I like it but its very slow moving, the players in the ring games take forever to play... lol

Stop when the fun stops or each hand takes 5mins and you have 49 more hands to go:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Tried global poker.
Can you be more specific?
I've played the 50 hands 'play chips', but I do not see and real money freeroll; the 50 hands did release to MTT's, but they require buy-in.

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Global is ok for a change of pace, I play the $500 And 5k Bonanzas. Complete donk fest,and it seems Global likes to reward poor play. It seems to me,the fewer outs you have,the better your odds of winning. I do realize it happens everywhere,but just seems more often on Global.

B

Bart Prospect

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aversion: about-face to dishonesty.

The pseudorandom number generator that is utilized at Global Poker is absolutely one-hundred percent fixed/scripted.

I firmly recommend not depositing fund(s) and/or playing poker at Global Poker.

Heed the former as caution to the many plausibly unfortunate Americans that have/will or could be taken advantage of...

It perturbs me to instantly see the words trusted and certified, both of which are spelled with all capital letters, displayed at the 'home' webpage for Global Poker. Paradoxically, it is also amusing to me/I...

It is a CROCK... Trusted by who? And the certification is a ruse. Is the shuffling and dealing of whole cards along with every community card that is applied screened for randomness? Probably unlikely. If in the event that they are, the certification's allusion to pseudo-entropy is only as random as the poker software's engineer's/owner's and/or Global Poker's owner's agenda(s) will allow.

Psychologically speaking/typing, I find that blatant posting as anchoring... If one/something is truly honest and trusted, one/something shouldn't have the need to expose that in such an impressionistic in your face type of manner. That is like putting wings on a pig...

That is akin to, for a crude example: a squirrel owning a nut warehouse with a sign at the entrance with the words TRUSTED, CERTIFIED... Please...

I personally believe that there possibly is a rake quota at Global Poker and other online poker sites. That is an interesting notion...

I pine that the owner(s) of Global Poker expire slowly and painfully from an Ebola and/or Marburg viral infection(s).

Take your American time and or American business elsewhere, to a lesser manipulation of online poker dealings/cards.

Take it easy...

Last edited:
HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pseudorandom number generator that is utilized at Global Poker is absolutely one-hundred percent fixed/scripted.

For what benefit? For the most part, players are clamoring for honest games, not exciting games.

You could be right, but I just don't believe a conspiracy to fix games could be kept secret. Too many people would be involved, and the incentives to be the whistleblower would be too enticing. These big sites spend oodles of money advertising and protecting their brand name. If I were the IT person who had to implement a fixed RNG, I'd be looking to sell my story to the national press.

The human mind loves to see patterns where there aren't any. Until actual proof emerges, I'll choose to disbelieve the conspiracies.

(I contrast this to predations by third parties on the sites, like collusion and bots. In this case, the third parties have every incentive to cheat, and it may be costly to invest in technology to deter them. That's a believable narrative.)

B

Bart Prospect

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For what benefit?

Simply money/maximized rake/greed, all of which correlates to quicker tournaments/acquisition of cyclical deposits and players...

For the record, I am not implying that every deal and every hand and their outcomes are exploited. Rather, only a modicum percent of hands and their outcomes are orchestrated rendering it practically undetectable to poker hand tracking software. The other remaining hands are likely 'random' if you will...

Regarding your statement about a whistleblower and related reasoning: please do not delude people with your possible shilling, sales tactics, and/or naivety.

And/or, can you truly be that obtuse?

Of course in this technological era also involving intellectual property, any software developer(s) directly associated with the inception and construction of a poker program along with any possible developers employed and/or implemented to alter an otherwise fabricated poker program by an online poker site may/must sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), effectively granting the disclosing party (online poker site) whistleblowing protection...

Ergo, if one decided to become a whistleblower, that individual would stand to be subjected to a possible if not certain legal process pertaining to breach of contract with financial and personal ramifications that would likely outweigh the positive incentive(s) to pose as a whistleblower.

A lot if not all of these individuals have a life and/or a family to consider. The legal/lawyer finances could/would be tremendous especially if the disclosing party protracts the process with its plethora of capital, which in turn could/would ruin a whistleblower's career/personal life and possibly impel bankruptcy, etcetera...

Furthermore, it would be logical to hire an unethical software engineer by an online poker site to possibly be encouraged and/or paid handsomely to alter software and/or to not be a potential whistleblower. The same would/could apply for an ethical software engineer.

After all, as you so eloquently relayed, they have "oodles" of money to bribe and/or to hush certain individuals (especially regulating/certifying bodies/entities) with. And to assume that sort of activity and/or the manipulation of cards to maximize profit is unbecoming of them, then that to is simply conveying ignorance and/or naivety... Let's face it, most if not all of the owners of these online poker sites are not exactly 'born-again' God-fearing Christians, so to type...

I trust this post has done some enlightenment.

Take it easy...

For the record, I am not implying that every deal and every hand and their outcomes are exploited. Rather, only a modicum percent of hands and their outcomes are orchestrated rendering it practically undetectable to poker hand tracking software. The other remaining hands are likely 'random' if you will...

After consideration, I shall modify and/or elaborate on the statement above...

For the record, it is conceivable that a portion if not every hand is calculated and orchestrated by the poker software/pseudorandom number generator for some if not all online poker sites as per poker probability/odds/percentages. And furthermore, the software plausibly formulates statistical hand data on/for every registered poker player at the site for future reference and/or hand outcomes.

That is justifiably why there are so many bad beats/coolers in online poker play and why premium pocket pairs/premium hands lose to inferior pocket pairs that hit/flop sets and/or to inferior hands altogether so frequently.

I shall attempt to create a crude example of what I am trying to establish.

Example: AA versus KQ suited or any suited connectors – The software will enumerate the times that pocket bullets/AA have won versus all other hands (suited connectors specifically), if the number/percentage is standard or excessive then the software will contrive the opponent’s hand to win. And vice versa for the KQ suited/suited connectors. If the percent/number of times that KQ suited/suited connectors (or player in general) has received either a flush/straight or three of a kind, etcetera, is lacking according to poker probability, the software will formulate one of those former premium outcomes to relish victory over AA…

The same applies for other hands, specifically premium pocket pairs versus inferior pocket pairs.

The prevalence of low to medium pocket pairs that receive sets versus premium pocket pairs in online poker is absurd/asinine… Again, the software will determine the number/percentage of times that a player’s pocket pair has snagged a set. And again, if that data is below standard the software will assemble a set for the person with pocket threes (for example) to triumph over the premium pocket pair like AA/KK, etcetera, for instance.

This is all peradventure encompassed in the software to maximize rake/profit for the online poker site and obviously more rake is generated by AA clashing with 33 that flops a set to possibly induce all-ins by both players, because AA is/may/could be too retching to muck... Thus, the above plausibly explains why such rampant bad beats/coolers happen online and why the doctoring of cards by these sites is so arduous to detect.

I trust this post has produced some enlightenment.

Take it easy…

Last edited by a moderator:
S

_soupypoopie_

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rigged?

Why take pennies in rake when you can take dollars?

Why take dollars when you can take all of the money on the table?

What I find interesting is there will be an unknown player that shows up and bets max preflop and max on every street only to turn over the nuts.

The player will take in 7-15 buy ins and disappear to never be seen again.

It happens every day and every night on Global Poker.

Rigged? could be...

Cheaters? absolutely

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It surely has a dubious reputation ...