Opening a cardroom in Texas. Need Feedback on promotions to offer
I am opening a cardroom in Texas
. I know that when you see this you are going to think that it is illegal to play poker in the state of texas and that is actually not correct at all. Here is what the law says and i have talked to my lawyer to make sure all is well and he says that it is.
Sec. 47.02. GAMBLING. (a) A person commits an offense if he:
(1) makes a bet on the partial or final result of a game or contest or on the performance of a participant in a game or contest;
(2) makes a bet on the result of any political nomination, appointment, or election or on the degree of success of any nominee, appointee, or candidate; or
(3) plays and bets for money or other thing of value at any game played with cards, dice, balls, or any other gambling device.
(b) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) the actor engaged in gambling in a private place;
(2) no person received any economic benefit other than personal winnings; and
(3) except for the advantage of skill or luck, the risks of losing and the chances of winning were the same for all participants.
I have made a business and it is ALL IN Sports and Games and it is a private social room. I can host it out of a hotel or basically anywhere because in order to come into play you must pay a fee to become a member of the group. Once that membership fee is paid then the person can come in and play in whatever buy in tournament or cash game with absolutely no rake being taken from the winnings. This is 100% legal and gives the people the opportunity to play poker in a country club style environment.
My question for my fellow cardschat people is what kind of promotions do you think would be awesome to offer the players to continue them to comeback. I want this to be a really good poker room where people are not having to drive to oklahoma to play poker. They can stay in the area and play all the time. I appreciate your feedback and any suggestions that you have,