online poker site

Z

Zaksdad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
greetings everyone, new to this forum but a long time player ... I've been trying to get on a couple of sites, ignition and ACR specifically and a couple others as well, to try out things but really having a hard time connecting and being able to actually play ... Ignition calls them "Practice" mode for their play money games, I can go to a table but I'm always the only one there, have waited extensive length of time, over 45 minutes once, still no other players ... ACR I have a hard time even signing up ... their support says they prefer Chrome browser, is that accurate? I normally use Firefox, but tried Chrome a couple times and it didn't seem to help ... some of them don't seem to let you get on any tables until you make a deposit, is that your experiences as well? I'd sure like to get the layout of how things work before I spend any $$$ ... BTW, I'm from USA, I know that puts a fly in the ointment :mad: using Windows 10 OS

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
greetingseveryone, new to this forum but a long time player ... I've been trying to get on a couple of sites, Ignition and ACR specifically and a couple others as well, to try out things but really having a hard time connecting and being able to actually play ... Ignition calls them "Practice" mode for their play money games, I can go to a table but I'm always the only one there, have waited extensive length of time, over 45 minutes once, still no other players ... ACR I have a hard time even signing up ... their support says they prefer Chrome browser, is that accurate? I normally use Firefox, but tried Chrome a couple times and it didn't seem to help ... some of them don't seem to let you get on any tables until you make a deposit, is that your experiences as well? I'd sure like to get the layout of how things work before I spend any $$$ ... BTW, I'm from USA, I know that puts a fly in the ointment :mad: using Windows 10 OS

I haven't played on ignition in quite a while so no idea about the claim. With ACR, If you are playing on a PC, you can download the poker client and have more options. Never had any issues. One thing about ACR though is you can check with their official thread in this forum and get help. here -> https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/official-acr-thread-217550/

My guess is you need to install or activate flash or java to get it to work, I used EDGE and chrome interchangeably on ACR. But do not remember what I used when I first signed up. It was probably IE11 2016.

You should also check out Betonline if you plan on playing in the freeroll club here is a list of links including the two you mentioned that are US friendly:

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-site-reviews.php

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The absolute best site anywhere for play money/practice games is pokerstars. They always have lots of players. Americans are allowed to play for play money by downloading their play money client (aka. Pokerstars.net not pokerstars.com).

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They may make an impression that in order to play you need to deposit first but it is not necessary, however you are limited
to play money or freerolls and some promotional games.
On the other hand I live in UK and may receive different offers than Americans.

Definitely you may try to download the standalone application which should work better that any browser.

And if you are happy with practising you could try replaypoker.

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
greetings everyone, new to this forum but a long time player ... I've been trying to get on a couple of sites, Ignition and ACR specifically and a couple others as well, to try out things but really having a hard time connecting and being able to actually play ... Ignition calls them "Practice" mode for their play money games, I can go to a table but I'm always the only one there, have waited extensive length of time, over 45 minutes once, still no other players ... ACR I have a hard time even signing up ... their support says they prefer Chrome browser, is that accurate? I normally use Firefox, but tried Chrome a couple times and it didn't seem to help ... some of them don't seem to let you get on any tables until you make a deposit, is that your experiences as well? I'd sure like to get the layout of how things work before I spend any $$$ ... BTW, I'm from USA, I know that puts a fly in the ointment :mad: using Windows 10 OS

Hello Zaksdad, I am the ACR Rep. Could you please give me more details on the issue you have when signing up? So I can take a look into it and better assist you.

Z

Zaksdad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello ACR Rep

hi there ACR Rep ... I thought I had signed up for an account but when I try to log in I get a bad user code error message ... I've used the same email that I have correspondence with you from, as well as a couple others that might have been used ... none of them works trying to get me to my account or a new PW ... if I try to open a new account using Zaksdad as nickname I'm told it already exists but don't know if that's because I used it or someone else ...

A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there ACR Rep ... I thought I had signed up for an account but when I try to log in I get a bad user code error message ... I've used the same email that I have correspondence with you from, as well as a couple others that might have been used ... none of them works trying to get me to my account or a new PW ... if I try to open a new account using Zaksdad as nickname I'm told it already exists but don't know if that's because I used it or someone else ...

Please send me your email address via PM and as soon as I get it I will be working along with our Security Department to get this solved for you.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
ultima poker

hello can anybody tell me when there are tournaments in the ultimate poker before playing often there and now i do not see tournaments. Also i want to know if there is freerolls thanks in advance

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a matter of poker softwares, i recommend that you all use a very good antivirus, or if you are a skilled system admin, constantly check the sys processes and inspect outgoing traffic. Most poker softwares rely on Flash (ActionScript) and/or Java. Flash is long known for it's vulnerabilities (the reason why browsers stopped using it for displaying flash content), and though it's not on the web but in your pc, it could still be hacked. Java not so easily, still it boils down to privilege escalation (if someone manages to gain access to your pc). Now... PS software for example (Flash), is heavily encrypted, still it doesn't mean you can't suffer losses/bad experiences. Don't know about the others, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.