Online Poker Algorythms

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have experience with the following client or hosted poker software: pokerstars (20%), ACR (79%) , wsop (1%), and ClubWPT (>.1%). I have a Bovada account and an ignition account that I have yet to use. Too many choices. Most recently, I've tried Global Poker per a recent post on Cardschat.

This thread is not about the user interface but about the algorythm for the cards dealt. I have not noticed a huge difference in variance from one platform to another until Global Poker.

I have about nine hours of play over five days. Not a ton of time. In that time I've had three quads, lost to quads once, have seen multiple other players meet quads. I've seen a ton of full houses, a number of unusual straights made, and too many rivers where player that was ahead gets crushed.

The players on Global seem quite soft with just about everyone limping in, rarely a raise or re-raise. Players are playing ridiculous range. There is no respect for position.

I've probably seen close to 100000 hands over my lifetime online and live. With Global about 750 flops, what I'm observing raises my eye brows.

Does anyone have any insight as to how these algorithms. Are they tested so as to meet some standard or variance R parameter? I understand that perfect randomnesses is difficult to program. However these sites have players with real money at stake and it seems to me that the industry could use a standard. Maybe there is one that I do not know about.

Comments