Last edited by a moderator:
MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play it a fair bit, but it's a difficult game to master. It's mostly the split pots that I've come to dislike. When you have the absolute nuts in terms of a high hand there's just no shaking the guys sitting there with A2 who are going to take half the pot with no effort whatsoever. in fact, often there are two of them who are going to spit the low half of he pot. If it's a cash game everybody loses because of the rake. You literally lose money playing quads or a straight flush.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anyone like this game?

Thank U 4 Posting

I enjoy PLO8.

It is a a good bankroll builder as the swings are smaller and the skill advantage is high as it is a post flop game as is all PLO.

Poker is about your Villains making mistakes- the more streets they have to play the more mistakes they can make.

Hand selection preflop is necessary but understanding your villains ranges post flop is a stronger skill.

If you have any questions about the game let me know. I am no expert just a life long learner.

Hope this helps
:):)

C

Cassagena

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play it a fair bit, but it's a difficult game to master. It's mostly the split pots that I've come to dislike. When you have the absolute nuts in terms of a high hand there's just no shaking the guys sitting there with A2 who are going to take half the pot with no effort whatsoever. in fact, often there are two of them who are going to spit the low half of he pot. If it's a cash game everybody loses because of the rake. You literally lose money playing quads or a straight flush.
I find it a bit confusing.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha

Love playing all the different Omaha games such as HI/Lo , 7 stud , and lately really enjoy the "bomb Pot games on ACR

would like to see any version of Omaha played in a CC freeroll once in a while instead of them always being Holdem -- Just my thought

GL ALL :D

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's my all time favorite game. It's much better to play tournaments because when you play cash games and you split a pot heads up, you just lost money on the rake. In a home game it's great because you don't have that as a problem.

PrOKatana

PrOKatana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mee , i play most time omaha hi/lo :D and i have a decent profit at this game

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play it just as a break from Holdem. Just recreationally tho. I’m basically a one-trick pony I guess(Texas Holdem only). Lol

Z

Stay Safe

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
too complicated rules of the game, to predict the outcome of the distribution

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like very much Omaha hi/lo.

When i play on ACR, I will always go to the Bomb sides and play a few hands there.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like it way far more than PLO , but generally both of them I play only for fun in freerolls or in micro cash games ZOOM the PLO . I want to try PLO8 for tourney , on tourney I have tried PLO , also on sng MTT kind of , but I will do it for fun not for absolut profit .

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played in mixed games table with stud and stud hi/low and triple draw Not my favorite game it’s a interesting game. I prefer stud hi /low as I can see if the other player is going for low or high It’s my least favorite of the mixed games. I’ll sit out with

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really. I'm a no limit guy. and also don't like splitting pots.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start off playing Razz just understand the order of rank hands. Makes Omaha hi lo easier to play

luispino88

luispino88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned to play Omaha first than holdem, I love playing it

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never tried to play Omaha online. I'm having a hard time to figure out Texas Holdem, imagine Omaha H/L.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is just a less dispersed version of Omaha ( due to the division of banks) and more dynamic due to the fact that more cards are given by NATs! But I'm still not a fan of Omaha!

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play any modality but I play much more holdem.omaha hi / lo is an interesting modality in general omaha if you understand it you can win very easily

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Omaha Hi-Lo even when I don't play it so often.

It's a really interesting format and learned a bit of it by watching Twitch Streams, specially TalonChick (Adrienne Carter)

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone like this game?
If I like this mode of play where you win with the lowest and highest hand, it is a mode where the distribution of the pot is seen a lot, but the good thing about this is that we have that opportunity to tie the pot and not lose everything so fast, sometimes we can be the favorites with the 2 best plays, both hi and low, it is a game where you can balance the variance a bit, that's why I like it.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive tried numerous times to get into it. I just find myself playing the low hands all the time.