New changes on PS

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few days ago a letter from the Stars came to my mail, it was said that new changes would come since 18 July, but I did not understand anything, because the text was too unreadable. This is the first case when support so bad, when making up message. In this message said about a new forbiddance. Please can someone explain in more detail about the new changes.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Haven't had any contact from Stars regarding any changes, maybe it is specific to your country.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't had any contact from Stars regarding any changes, maybe it is specific to your country.

The most surprising thing about this situation is that this letter did not come as regular messages, but into the "promotions" section. When I opened the client 30 min ago - a banner came out about the need to accept new changes, or to stop using Stars. I am very excited until I can find the answer to what is these changes are.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New License Agreement. Many things will be banned.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New License Agreement and Privacy Policy changes

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I got that too. What they mentioned as new terms and conditions are the same as the rules that have always been in effect as far as I can tell?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not gotten this, so sound like something country specific.

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes,here in brazil PS has changed its rules too.I think they are trying to combat the cheaters.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In case anyone is curious........

Dear killer3333,

Please read this message carefully.

We would like to notify you that from July 18, 2019, we are making a change to our End User Licence Agreement:

Concurrent Logins: There is a strict prohibition on a User being logged in to more than one account within the same player pool (i.e. at the same poker table or in the same poker tournament) at the same time, whether any play activity occurs on any such account or not. We shall have the right to terminate a User's account and may confiscate funds held in such account if a User engages or attempts to engage in any such activity, regardless of the outcome of such attempt.

We encourage you to review the new End User Licence Agreement, which is available here, and print a copy for your reference.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/tos

You will have the opportunity to either accept or decline these changes. You will be required to take action to acknowledge the changes, and upon acceptance, these changes will come into effect with your continued use of the services.

In the event that you decide not to accept these changes you will no longer be able to continue using our gaming services, however, we will give you the option to accept at any other future time when you log in to your Stars Account.

If you have any queries or concerns, please visit the Help Center.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sound to me like they just specified and detailed their already existing rules about multi accounting and collusion. Which it is of course an absolute no-brainer, that no poker site or room can ever allow.

And perhaps, based on past experience, they felt inclined to send this to their customers in certain specific countries while not wanting to bother players from other countries with this friendly reminder about the fundamental rules of poker ;)

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I received the same end user agreement as manetioned above
I think is very fair to not permitt multiple accounts and collusion
Very good PS
Rgds

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They meant that you can not play with a group of players, in the same tournament, to benefit from them and harm the rest of the players in the tournament.
This is done by tracking the devices, they can surely determine if they are in the same direction. Or who knows.
Greetings.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PS is cracking down on VPNs. It's another step in combating the BOTS, collision, and misc other things.
At least they are making an effort, and hopefully gearing up to possibly open up to American players.( I Hope, it would be nice! [ Hint, Hint ] )

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's good to see them cracking down on multi accounting and collusion ect. Keeps the games fair and honest for everyone playing.

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing new. Previously, multi accounts were also banned.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
More ways for PS to privateer away your money! [emoji383] [emoji383] [emoji383] [emoji383]....

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well now at least it became clear to me that I signed. I thought a ban on multi-table play was introduced. The text was compiled is not very clear.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well USA are banned still (not penn, nj, neveda)

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did read somewhere and i cant remember where but it said they were changing the lobby.One of the main changes i noticed is that you would no longer be able to select tables and that you would have the option to selcet your stakes and be seated randomly so you couldn't player hunt.But the date seems to of passed for when these changes were coming in maybe i misunderstood some of the new changes being implimented.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did read somewhere and i cant remember where but it said they were changing the lobby.One of the main changes i noticed is that you would no longer be able to select tables and that you would have the option to selcet your stakes and be seated randomly so you couldn't player hunt.But the date seems to of passed for when these changes were coming in maybe i misunderstood some of the new changes being implimented.

I think, pokerstars.eu, which is a site for players in Spain, france and portugal, is already running like this. But given they took the effort to get rid of seating scripts just 4 month ago, it seem, like they are still planning to keep the traditional lobby on pokerstars.com.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think these changes will prevent fraudulent actions by unscrupulous players.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got that too. What they mentioned as new terms and conditions are the same as the rules that have always been in effect as far as I can tell?

I completely agree. This rule has been in effect for a long time and is not news. Why did they decide to send a mass mailing?
When I received this letter, I did not understand anything and immediately wrote my letter to the support service asking me to clarify the situation in more detail. Today I received an answer. They explained the need to refrain from playing at the same table with their friends / relatives or people living in the same house. They also asked to indicate the nicknames their accounts. Very strange decision. Why now, I did not give a reason for this.
In addition, why did the banner come out asking for a new agreement if these rules have been in effect for a long time? I feel some kind of deception.

Last edited: