MPN overun by bots?

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it just me or does anyone who plays on microgaming feel like it's infested with bots? I see the same regs daily playing NL2 on 9 tables at once. There is maybe one whale or fish for every 3 tables and 1 per table at best. These regs play fairly solid 3 betting a significant portion of their range and defending a large percentage of their range vs. 3bets, floating cbets in 3 bet pots etc. This isn't what I expect at NL2, maybe if there were 2 per table, but it's the whole table, everyday for most of the day. Either games have gotten way tougher or there are bot rings across all the stakes. The other day i saw 2 of them betting after exactly 2 seconds on the mark each time they bet,for the entire game. I remember reading MPN was having bot issues in the past. Anyone feel like this is still going on? I don't want to jump to conclusions but it seems wierd how high the reg to fish ratio is.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are also regs, who mass multitable 2NL manually to grind out a small hourly winrate. This can make sense, if you live in a country with low living costs. Maybe they continue to withdraw winnings, which prevent them from moving up. Maybe they just prefer to stay in very soft games. Maybe they are still relative beginners, who just learned to multitable. Maybe excessive multitabling actually prevent them from winning and moving up. There can be loads of reasons, why a tag or nit is playing 2NL. There used to be a lot of these guys on pokerstars, and maybe some have found their way onto other sites, after PokerStars limited each player to 4 regular cash tables.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, that makes sense. Still though, I wonder what percent of players are bots. MPN admitted they had an issue with this, they disabled something like 1 out of every 80 accounts for bottimg and those are just the ones they found. Also when I played yesterday he betting sliders stopping at the exact same point for 2 separate players over and over again as they bet was extremely suspicious.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smaller sites could certainly have a bot problem. And bots or not its just not desirable to play on tables full of nits and tags. So if its difficult to find fish even at 2NL, then maybe play cash games on a different site. Or try if their tournaments or SnGs are better.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still feel like this is an issue and microgaming isn't actively doing anything about it.

with 1 rec per 2 tables and the rest of the table being multitabling regs (at NL2) something feels off. This is NL2, why am I seeing 4/6 players at each table playing similar GTO styles?

Is this just microgaming? I'm waiting to get verified so I can move over to chico where I can use drivehud yet I read they have an even worse bot problem.

It's annoying as heck because I can't use a HUD on the new MPN client but I know there are people using a HUD on the old one :(. So may as well be playing against bots.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Why would you even bother yourself with this? MPN is already on its death bed and the funeral is in two months. I would take my money out of there ASAP.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you even bother yourself with this? MPN is already on its death bed and the funeral is in two months. I would take my money out of there ASAP.

Honestly because there aren't any other sites to play on in my country with as decent a level of traffic.

And ya, will be withdrawing soon. Cashed a nice tournament win recently but am having a pretty massive cash game downswing following that win. Maybe I'm just grumpy because of that and blaming bots. Then again they said that that is the whole reason for their closing down this May.

Regardless, this certainly isn't the level of play I have come to expect from cheeseburger stakes.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
MPN was my first contact to poker when I started. But after a six months or so, and always seeing the same names at the table I decided go elsewhere. Luckily we still have options, but who knows what the EU or my country will decide in the future.