PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Here’s some good news for low stakes players: MicroMillions returns this weekend.

And with more than $2.6 million guaranteed, it will again turn low stakes players into high stakes winners.
Play like a “high roller” without the need for anything but a micro-stakes bankroll.
If your poker ambition exceeds the size of your bankroll, this is the series you can play. Pick and choose the events you want to play, and when.
And with this special one week format, you’ll level up your poker experience in the space of about eight days.
Big Events to Start and Finish

The series kicks off big time with the $250,000 guaranteed Sunday Storm special edition. The buy-in will be a micro-sized $5.50, while that guarantee counts as the second biggest of the series.
Eight days later the series wraps up with the biggest. Another special edition of the Sunday Storm. This one serves as the MicroMillions Main Event. They’ll be $1 million guaranteed for that one, with a buy-in of $11.
Which must make it the best value tournament anywhere.
Those events bookend the series. Here’s what you can expect in-between…
Low Stakes Tournaments with High Stakes Prize Pools

What can you expect when MicroMillions starts this Sunday 19 April?
Take a look…
Level up your game in just a few days: MicroMillions 17 will be played in one action-packed week, rather than the typical two, starting on Sunday 19 April. It’s a single week devoted entirely to low stakes players, and the perfect chance to rack up experience you won’t get as easily anywhere else.
Big events whatever time you want: It’s not always easy to play when the obligations of the real world (rightly) take priority. But with 100 tournaments on the schedule, amounting to 13 every day, you’ll always find one ready to play. The chances are it will also suit your buy in, and time zone too.
Prize pools usually found in Sunday Majors: It’s what you’ll love most about MicroMillions — prize pools that wouldn’t look out of place in Sunday Majors. The biggest is the $1 million Main Event. But take a look at the graphic below to see what we mean…

MM17_comparisons_alt.jpg
Play for Sunday Major-type prize pools for a fraction of the buy-in…
The types of tournaments you want to play: There’s Omaha, HORSE, Stud, Razz and more on the schedule. But hold’em players will not be disappointed. There are 70 regular hold’em events, including KO, Turbo and Hyper Turbo formats that won’t take all night to play. You can try one of three 6+ hold’em tournaments too.
Start gaining experience, even if you’re new to the game: MicroMillions events features structures that allow you to play more, getting more for your micro-buy-in. Take the lowest. There are 30 events with buy-ins of just $1.10. For the record their combined guarantees are more than $220,000. Not a bad return.
Play a $1 million guaranteed event for just $11: MicroMillions ends with the type of event any player, whether steeped in experience or brand new to the game wants to play — the $11 Sunday Storm Main Event. Not only will it feature a life-changing first prize.
That’s why MicroMillions is the richest low stakes tournament in poker.
The Tournament Series Everyone can Play

There’s more too. In a nutshell you can look forward to…

• Tournaments in all formats, variations, and at buy-ins you can afford
  • A perfect opportunity to test yourself and improve your game
  • Experience the same thrill of bigger events, without needing the bigger bankroll
  • Play a few dollars to compete for prize pools that usually cost hundreds to play for
  • And just play for the simple fun of it. More than anything MicroMillions is supposed to be fun

Source: https://www.pokerstarsblog.com/en/news/micromillions-is-back-starting-sunday-100-events-from-1-10-and-2-6m-gtd

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the info Joe. Still too rich for my blood. Lol. Only got a $30 bankroll on stars. Need to get back to freeroll club and try to boost it up. Only playing 0.50 and $1 tournaments. Best of luck to all who play. Hope too see some big scores. Maybe start a rail thread for CC players playing so we can follow?

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh my bad Joe. Your second post hadn’t loaded in when I clicked reply. Lots of $1 tournaments available. Probably try a few. Thanks again.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Looks great , time to grind on Stars !

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Thanks for the kind words.

You should definitely play a couple of them the smaller one are good value, just don't go loco and play too many and destroy your roll. [Some advise I should be giving myself]

Definitely going to start a rail thread, I hope we get more players from the forum this time around than the last couple

Best of luck
Oh my bad Joe. Your second post hadn’t loaded in when I clicked reply. Lots of $1 tournaments available. Probably try a few. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info Joe. Still too rich for my blood. Lol. Only got a $30 bankroll on stars. Need to get back to freeroll club and try to boost it up. Only playing 0.50 and $1 tournaments. Best of luck to all who play. Hope too see some big scores. Maybe start a rail thread for CC players playing so we can follow?

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Previous micro millions series were better for micro stakes players. Looking at this schedule frankly i do not see anything much better than the regular big and hot 0.55 or 1.10$ MTTs in pokerstars.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks a fun but tough as always series good luck to you joeisi and all who play.:)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will probably play a few of these just for fun. But in general I am not a big fan of very large tournaments, and these days many of the tournaments on Stars are excessively large already. So if you ask me, they dont exactly need an event or series to make them even larger. With such large fields it is almost impossible to reach the final table, and as long as you dont, you are going to end up losing money in the long run.

Moreover large tournaments takes a very long time to complete, so its difficult to find the time for them. Sure most players will bust within the first 3-4 hours. But if the tournament lasts for 10 hours, its pointless to sign up, unless you will be able to complete it, should you be lucky enough to make a deep run. It is after all the dream of turning 5$ into 10.000$ in a single tournament, which is the whole point. And to do that you need to endure a true marathon.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking at the guarantees for some of these $1 tournaments and they are less than the regular days. I often play a $1 PKO most days and yesterday there was over 11,000 players. The guarantees for the micro millions is $6,000 so almost half of their regular daily tournaments.

I agree with poster that these tournaments now have way too many players in them. Takes about 4 hours just to make the money which is basically your $1 back. Another 3-4 hours to get a decent return but still only $5+. Lot of work. I’m thinking I’ll only play turbos until thing's settle back down to normal.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great information, there are good tournaments. Good luck to the members who are going to play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Takes about 4 hours just to make the money which is basically your $1 back. Another 3-4 hours to get a decent return but still only $5+.

Exactly. Even if you get near the final table but not quite there, you still only get your money back like 5 times or something. And to achieve that you need to outlast 99% of the field. Whereas if you win a tournament with 100 players, you typically get your money back 20 times. That is basically the difference between small and large tournaments.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
MicroMillions-website.jpg

The ultimate low-stakes poker series is back! April 19, 2020 will see MicroMillions 17 land on PokerStars – promising huge tournaments with millions of dollars up for grabs at low, low buy-ins!
Between April 19 and 26, MicroMillions 17 will offer 100 tournaments across poker variants and, with entries for as little as $0.11 and no larger than $11, it really is suited to everyone!
The series finale will of course see the main event, and this time it’s the significant matter of the Sunday Storm 12th Anniversary! To celebrate, the guarantee for the Sunday low-stakes favourite has been boosted to $1M – and entry is staying the same at just $11. You really can’t miss it!
See here for all the information on MicroMillions 17, including the full schedule and prizes.
PokerStars School MicroMillions

As per usual, PokerStars School will be hosting its own MicroMillions celebration with the PokerStars School MicroMillions. With TEN freeroll tournaments guaranteeing over $1500 in MicroMillions tickets, it’s a fantastic way to practice your PokerStars School strategy training and qualify to the series for free!
To take part in the freerolls, simply deposit $20 or more using the code ‘SCHOOLMICROEN‘ and you will receive a pass guaranteeing entry to ALL of the PokerStars School MicroMillions events.
Tournament Details:

MM17-table.png

Terms and Conditions
• This contest will run until April 22, 2020.
• You must be at least 18 years of age (or the legal age of majority where you reside) to be eligible to participate.
• The reload bonus is valid until
• To be eligible for the bonus, make a deposit of $20 or more before 00:00 ET on April 22, 2020 using the bonus code ‘SCHOOLMICROEN’.
• This promotion is only available to players with a valid real-money PokerStars account in the “.com” shared liquidity market.
• This offer is only available once per player
• This promotion is unavailable to players registered in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Greece, India, Italy, Latvia, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland or any countries where Real Money play is not permitted.
• You must have a valid [Stars ID] in order to participate.
• Some accounts may not be eligible for tickets.
• PokerStars School shall offer no compensation to any member should their account not be eligible for tickets.
• Tickets will be credited with 72 hours.
• Unused tickets will expire within April 23, 2020.
• Tickets and Prizes are non-transferable or refundable.
• The decision of PokerStars is final in all circumstances
• We reserve the right to modify the rules of this promotion and may refuse to credit tickets if the promotion is abused.
• For more general T&Cs visit: http://pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/terms

Source: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/promotions/micromillions/

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes never too old for school tickets never know every $ opportunity counts got my multi-ticket too.:)
46176444.jpg

A

andrzejaa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another opportunity to win big or lose big

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Looking at the guarantees for some of these $1 tournaments and they are less than the regular days. I often play a $1 PKO most days and yesterday there was over 11,000 players. The guarantees for the micro millions is $6,000 so almost half of their regular daily tournaments.

• The MM $1.10 with 6K gtd are not pko
  • The couple MM $1.10 pko are 10K gtd
  • The daily game you play in is 8K gtd, yesterday there were 11K players created $10.8K prizepool. There is a difference with between gtd and actual prizepools.
  • They modelled the gtd for MM games on the Sunday games gtd which has the largest number of players for the week, they also name the Sunday games differently instead of "Big" and "Hot" it is called "Bigger" and "Hotter". So essentially it will be Sunday everyday for two weeks but I am sure the prizepools will swell to even much more than the Sunday numbers.

2020 04 15 162139

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
There are many kinds of formats and variations of Poker. From cash games to spin n gos to sit n go's to small field tournaments to the very large field tournaments. Each player has their own preferences and these large field tournaments are not everyone's cup of tea.

However when these big branded tournaments (MM,SCOOP,WCOOP) run all of the other formats benefit as well from increased traffic. So every player should welcome these tournaments whether or not they play them.

The lure of turning $5 into $10K is everyone's dream and attracts many new players and even inactive players to the site. The truth is only 0.01% of players will ever actually attain this dream. We just have to hope we are one of the few lucky ones.

"With such large fields it is almost impossible to reach the final table, and as long as you dont, you are going to end up losing money in the long run." - You should know better than anyone else that you do not need to reach a final table to have a great score and good return even in the long run.

I will probably play a few of these just for fun. But in general I am not a big fan of very large tournaments, and these days many of the tournaments on Stars are excessively large already. So if you ask me, they dont exactly need an event or series to make them even larger. With such large fields it is almost impossible to reach the final table, and as long as you dont, you are going to end up losing money in the long run.

Moreover large tournaments takes a very long time to complete, so its difficult to find the time for them. Sure most players will bust within the first 3-4 hours. But if the tournament lasts for 10 hours, its pointless to sign up, unless you will be able to complete it, should you be lucky enough to make a deep run. It is after all the dream of turning 5$ into 10.000$ in a single tournament, which is the whole point. And to do that you need to endure a true marathon.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I was expecting the picture with the phone, I liked that one. This one will have to do.

Good luck Hugh.
Yes never too old for school tickets never know every $ opportunity counts got my multi-ticket too.:)
46176444.jpg

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for all the info on this Micro Millions series Joeisi, I have never played in the micro millions befor eand tempted to have a go at some of the $1.10 / $3.30 tournies.

Although I must admit I am slightly put off by the excessively large fields at pokerstars and playing until 6-7am to final table (if lucky enough) after 10+ hrs play.

That said when I played more at party poker I did play some of their Monster series which is similar, though with typically smaller fields than that of stars and enjoyed them. So I will give a couple of these MM games a go and hope for a good run. Are their any good value satellites into the $5.50 / $11 games separate to the poker school sattys??

Good luck to everyone who gives these games a go.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Thanks for the information .... in fact they are very attractive to play these tournaments ... there is something for everyone and everything from Buy + in $ 1.10 to $ 11.00 ... I will try to play several of these ... good luck to all ...!

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great information Joeisi. Good to know. We will try to make great results in this series. Good luck to everyone who will participate. See you at the tables.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the micromillions 94 !! the situation will get serious !! laughs 1 !!!!!!
now is to have patience and wait !!!

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Can't say I'm looking forward to it. Just play the regular tournaments , will probably be easier to cash in.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"With such large fields it is almost impossible to reach the final table, and as long as you dont, you are going to end up losing money in the long run." - You should know better than anyone else that you do not need to reach a final table to have a great score and good return even in the long run.

That is simply not true. On PokerStars around a third of the price money goes to the final table in a tournament with 23.000 players to just take an example. This mean, that to just break even without reaching a final table you need to have an ROI of 50%, which realistically few if any people can achieve.

Of course if you play enough, you will eventually get to that final table, but "the long run" becomes extremely long. The variance calculator on PokerDope can not even handle tournaments with 20.000+ players, that pay 1:7 of the field. But if you plug in 8.000 players and an ROI of 25%, then the risk of losing after 1.000 tournaments is still 45%. So basically its almost a coinflip. And for most people it takes a really long time to play 1.000 tournaments.

I am not saying, that people should not play large tournaments, or that they are bad for poker. But if you are serious about poker you need to understand, that they are like buying a lottery ticket. If you are looking to build a bankroll, you need to play either cash games or smaller tournaments. That is just basic math really :)