Late registeration

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering what other people's feelings are the amount of late registration on certain sites? I played a tourney earlier with over 4 hours of late registration on surely this is excessive I certainly thought so

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet I can guess which site. lol. Yeah, I totally agree. Bigger tourneys, an hour is fine, two tops. Smaller ones, 30 minutes or less would be my preference.

I'll take cracks at $1-$2 tourneys on last level of late reg, sniping can be fun... I get why the sites does it but man.

I'm registered for the OSS 41&42 tomorrow. They both start at 2pm - then they really start at 7pm. 5 - yup FIVE HOURS later.

If you can get through the late reg with even 2x or 3x starting stack, you're darn close to ITM.

Check the site's official thread, they know. They have known. I hope they change that. I'm willing to wager they won't.
.....and I'll still play- they know that too :)

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same story with me.... all "early" tournament of OSS (MOSS/BOSS) series they start at 22:00 (10 pm) or later... & they have 5 HOURS of late registration!!
I've got eager to play them ... But still have not tried because of that scary 5 hours Late registration !!!
Very uncomfortable scedule for players from Europe ! =(

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hate em , Im pretty sure I know which tourney you are talking about. You get a good stack rolling then the suiciders start popping in and you're calling with good hands to get wrecked

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play in smaller tourneys with no rebuys for this very reason. If you play 2 hours and then suddenly a bunch of suicide players come in and start going all in with 72o or whatever against AK and win. Wiping out hours of patient stack building with "magic or mystical" wins. Im all for 30 minute late registration and no rebuys.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering what other people's feelings are the amount of late registration on certain sites? I played a tourney earlier with over 4 hours of late registration on surely this is excessive I certainly thought so

I go to late registration only in poker satellites, and not always in tournaments, as it is very risky):driver:

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think an hour is more than enough personally for any tournament. I played for 6 hours and still was no where near the money in this particular one. I'll not be playing these tourneys in future and it seems they are on 3-4 times a day with early , morning and late grinds. Don't mind playing long tourneys but this amount of late registration is ridiculous. I was thinking that this site was 2nd best I'm not quite sure about that now

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it unprofitable to register very late. I try to play from the very beginning of the tournament. More chances to get prizes.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that ACR can have some really long late registration on some tournaments. We're talking over 4 hours of late registration :(

It is good for someone that likes really long tournaments, but for some people it can be too long so they just register at the last minute and hope to double up quickly with good short stack play.

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I find it unprofitable to register very late. I try to play from the very beginning of the tournament. More chances to get prizes.
also more chances of bad beats

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you. Late registrations must be no longer than 30 minutes. There are tournaments with late registrations of 1 to 2 hours and this seems excessive to me.

Regards.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At late registration your stack is already below average, and it's a bit annoying. I think that tournaments should be played from the very beginning, because it allows you to increase your stack due to weak players.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One hour max. I like the suiciders... On the long run, it's easy chips!

C

coolcukes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration

I am a newbie but 4 hours is crazy. I would say no more than 30 minutes after start of tourney can you join. freerolls are hard enough with the huge amounts of players to add more players late makes it that much tougher. I vote 30 minutes max. thanks

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, late registration is a bad thing and must be removed.

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration can be tricky, but you just adjust your gameplay

especially at ACR and BCP

vra4a

vra4a

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One hour late registration is normal for classic tournaments.
There is no logic for freerolls..

orsino12

orsino12

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate long registration. I much prefer tournaments to cash games, but excessive late registration keeps me from playing them, unless I have free tickets to them.
Depending on exactly which game, the Big Fish games have 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours of late registration and I'll pick the one with the shortest late reg.

Today, for example, I have a $16.50 BF ticket and I registered for the one with a $5k prize pool rather than the one with a $20k prize pool because late reg. is about 45 minutes shorter (and there will be fewer people in it too).

I understand the sites want to give as much time as possible to let as many people as possible enter into tournaments with guaranteed prize pools, but the longer they make registration the more people there are that won't enter because of it so there is a point of diminishing returns.

I wonder, what are a player's actual chances of coming back to a decent stack or making it past the bubble if they register at the very end of a 3+ hour late reg.?

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am personally for late registration! Double or fly away immediately, just lose time is not hunting)
all or nothing:cool:

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
30 minutes or less is more than enough period for the late registration

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree 30 mins is enough and if the site can't cover the gtd then they should't be running them.

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
it is difficult to even last at those long late registration tourneys... of course i'd want to start at low blinds, but sometimes it feels like starting at L3 or L4 would be more enjoyable