J88 Poker, use it or not?

Distort99

Distort99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so ive been messing around on j88 poker for quite some time now. i was just curious if anyone else has played on there site and if anyone recommends them. they have quite a few freerolls, yes there all small but none the less theres alot of them. i dont know exactly how i feel about them being legit or not, it seems pretty okay to me so far, ive never made a deposit on there i just play the freerolls so im looking to see if anyone else has every invested anything in them. feedback please would be appreciated. thanks.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so ive been messing around on j88 poker for quite some time now. i was just curious if anyone else has played on there site and if anyone recommends them. they have quite a few freerolls, yes there all small but none the less theres alot of them. i dont know exactly how i feel about them being legit or not, it seems pretty okay to me so far, ive never made a deposit on there i just play the freerolls so im looking to see if anyone else has every invested anything in them. feedback please would be appreciated. thanks.

I personally have never heard of this room before. I looked it up and it looks to be an asian poker room. I would be careful about these rooms, they have not been around long and could shut down on a moments notice. Also note that you are playing in a play money currency that is converted back to real money (100 "crystals" = 1$) to avoid chinese regulations.

I have heard these rooms can be pretty soft, full of asian recreational players. If your already signed up and verified then you might as well keep playing there if there is good traffic and you like the software, as long as no other red flags come up while you investigate this room.

You will also most likely have to send your documentation to this chinese room to make withdrawals, and I would be very weary of sending them to a small, unknown poker room in china.

Good luck, hopefully someone here has more experience with this room and will be able to help you.

Last edited:
MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doing some more research on this site, it seems they have a multi-accounting/bot problem.

They all are using the same or similar names and running in the same event. It could not be more clear that this is cheating and that it is so blatant that it is obvious the site does not care.

I would stay far, far away.

This is a recent video too, only a few months ago and I would be surprised if it is not still ongoing.

Distort99

Distort99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doing some more research on this site, it seems they have a multi-accounting/bot problem.

They all are using the same or similar names and running in the same event. It could not be more clear that this is cheating and that it is so blatant that it is obvious the site does not care.

I would stay far, far away.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v1yj1OqMvlM

This is a recent video too, only a few months ago and I would be surprised if it is not still ongoing.

see i looked this up when i started playing, maybe a month ago probably a little bit less. i seen something similar to this and i did my own research when i play on there tournaments. i havnt seen anything close to what this video has shown, and i do know that they did an update a little bit after i started playing. im not in any way defending them because this is pretty obviously proof of bots and i thank you for bringing this to my attention once again. i have been checking the tournaments that i am a part of quite often and i havnt seen anything that has come close to what this video shows. the only similar things that i have seen is maybe one or 2 people with similar names but i know that they do not have very good security as far as making multiple accounts. so with this being known is there any other recommended us poker sites that i could move 2? there arent a whole lot of sites that really let us players play and i like to have a nice variety. i will most definitely be keeping a close eye on j88 if i do continue to play there. i would like a few different peoples opinions as to what they think and if they know anything more about them but i greatly appreciate you taking the time to post the video, that alone is probably enough to make me leave there site, even if it isnt still happening, whats to stop it from happening again. i thank you very much for your information. :D

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am convinced that in j88 everything is bad and dishonest.
the security service of this room, I think, is not at all against the game being played by dishonest gamblers and so on.
There are many negative opinions in the poker community

DanRoussel

DanRoussel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know if the J88 platform has closed?

I had installed the J88 platform to test many months ago, maybe more than a year ago, I played a few free ones in the early days, but because I have other platforms I play regularly, I ended up not opening this one anymore.
This week I upgraded my notebook and had to reinstall the platforms, so I went looking for the J88 and apparently the download link is broken, as it doesn't download anything. I tried to find out if the platform still exists, since it was new, and I didn't find anything recent on google or posted by them on the page itself.
Does anyone know if it closed?

Beardownman

Beardownman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't bother!
I just logged on for the first time in months to see and if you want to purchase "crystals" which is the token they use it says that part of the site is down.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
it's always the same problem with very small room
no one knows them and should not invest their money

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Terrible room! I also played several freerolls there and won even a couple of hundred, but I didn't find an opportunity to somehow get my winnings!

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
see i looked this up when i started playing, maybe a month ago probably a little bit less. i seen something similar to this and i did my own research when i play on there tournaments. i havnt seen anything close to what this video has shown, and i do know that they did an update a little bit after i started playing. im not in any way defending them because this is pretty obviously proof of bots and i thank you for bringing this to my attention once again. i have been checking the tournaments that i am a part of quite often and i havnt seen anything that has come close to what this video shows. the only similar things that i have seen is maybe one or 2 people with similar names but i know that they do not have very good security as far as making multiple accounts. so with this being known is there any other recommended us poker sites that i could move 2? there arent a whole lot of sites that really let us players play and i like to have a nice variety. i will most definitely be keeping a close eye on j88 if i do continue to play there. i would like a few different peoples opinions as to what they think and if they know anything more about them but i greatly appreciate you taking the time to post the video, that alone is probably enough to make me leave there site, even if it isnt still happening, whats to stop it from happening again. i thank you very much for your information. :D

America's Card room had free freerolls evbery 3 hours and 888 has lots of free rolls if you deposit $10 usd

samersv

samersv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This poker room has problems with deposits and withdrawals, and the concept with game currency (crystals instead of game money) is not particularly suitable for me personally

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I play only on pokerstars. Very good room was Pokerroom, but it is close forseveral years. What a pity.