Is it true?

TxFoldemPro

TxFoldemPro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone told me the other day (an ex-bot user) that leaving the chat open, rather than the stats or anything else can leave you susceptible to bots or other intrusive programs reading hands or other information. I know that is is how most bots run your own game, but can it/they use it for others.
Just wondering if anyone has heard of such a thing? Any comments? :eek:

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never heard of. It sounds unlikely.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Why is he an EX-bot user? I mean if bots are so good why stop?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have not heard anything about it. I think that modern sites have appropriate security systems against such intruder actions. Personally, I am just playing poker and enjoying the game.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you or your friend understand what a bot does or is. Bots in online poker are just AI (artificial intelligence) programmed to play as close to GTO (game theory optimal) as they possibly can for whatever format of poker they are programmed. The problem with playing bots, is that they don't make mistakes, never tilt, and can play for 24 hours straight without ever deviating from said optimal strategies. This gives them a massive advantage over human players.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with playing bots, is that they don't make mistakes

That's not exactly true because in the micros the exploitable line is often the best line to take.So the GTO line may not be the most profitable line to take in many cases in exploitable games.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's not exactly true because in the micros the exploitable line is often the best line to take.So the GTO line may not be the most profitable line to take in many cases in exploitable games.

Yes it may not always be the optimal line, but the line the bots take is a profitable one. So it's not actually much of a mistake. Also the bots are obv programmed differently depending on the stake, so the ones at the lower levels are probably a lil less GTO and more exploitable based.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not only chat, but also internet

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only way someone could read your cards is if they had a back door into the software or if they had access to your computer. Neither of which is very probable. When the software sends information out it sends specific information to each computer. It does not send your individual hand out to anyone unless you have gone all the way to the river and stayed in the hand for a showdown. Otherwise it never sends out your cards to anyone else but you. This is always a myth that goes around the internet no one can ever read your cards unless they are exposed at the end of the hand. Your hand never comes to my computer otherwise.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Tell you: If big banks, big companies, big governments are invaded by hackers
dont you think that a simple game of poker is safe enough to hide your hands?
Come on...
I know that big sites make the utmost to protect us and i have to trust them
Thats it
Tgds

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't think that's true and i'm pretty sure sites like pokerstars/888 Etc
would catch someone cheating in a heart beat or if a bot would've been used

A few days ago i got a email from ACR that they said i played a few hands againts someone that was cheating and i got paid some money back so even if they try'
they will get caught by the system they have running so i wouldn't worry about that... and if he really did "cheat" and is an ex-Bot user why would he stop
and why would he tell you he's an ex-Bot seems silly to me to be fair.

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone told me the other day (an ex-bot user) that leaving the chat open, rather than the stats or anything else can leave you susceptible to bots or other intrusive programs reading hands or other information. I know that is is how most bots run your own game, but can it/they use it for others.
Is it time for the fakes? Explain your statement to me: "Someone told me the other day (an ex-bot user)". As the bot became your sensitive friend?:rofl::rofl:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think this is unlikely. If that were true, then fraud would flourish.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't heard anything about this. Aren't we always susceptible to playing against bots?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Well, if you had read it on the internet then obviously it would be true, but someone said, naw, can't rely on that.
icon7.gif

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never heard of it, but is a good question, I will checking back in cass someone comes up with the answer.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha [emoji23] I love it... There is a great thread on CardsChat all about pranks... Nope leaving chat box open instead of stats or hands window doesn't allow "bots" to access your system... Lol have you heard that NSA can access your mobile camera while phone is off and battery taken out?

Thebatman92

Thebatman92

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah I doubt there's any truth in this!!