Intertops Virus

M

moola2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just had to reinstall intertops and while installing it my antivirus went off saying it a trojan named win 32 malware-gen and blocked the installation, does anyone know anything about this, i've had to reinstall intertops before and this never came up.

M

moola2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I deleted intertops because of this then I ran a antivirus scan and now it's all over my laptop it found it in like 5 places.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intertops takes more computer resources and I also do not like it, but I have not seen the virus. Maybe you are somewhere with no reliable resource installed the program?

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Download from the Intertops web site!

Always download any poker client from their website!

M

moola2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I downloaded from official Intertops website. I looked up the said virus and some people just say its a false positive sometimes, but the second time I ran antivirus that had it in all different places all had something to do with intertops even though I had already deleted intertops poker client, so I since have deleted anything I could find to do with intertops on my computer and am running malware bytes along with antivirus a third time to see if anything is left. Not trying to bash the site in anyway, it's most likely a false positive from my antivirus, I liked intertops and they have been around longer than any other us site I believe.

Last edited:
Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I downloaded from official Intertops website

Then you won't have a problem, many of the anti-virus software will say that poker sites have a virus, no one else has had a problem that I know of here at CC, don't quote me on this but I think it has to do with the saving of hand histories to your hard drive, the poker sites have to access your hard drive to save them.

Everyone that has had a problem like this with several of the poker sites have made an exception for that program in their AV software, and as far as I know they haven't had a problem.

You should be safe if you use CardsChats link to download the software here ---->> https://www.cardschat.com/sites/intertops-poker.php

Also if you intend to play the CardsChat games at any of the sites CardsChat has games at you will need to fill out your Member Profile here ---->> https://www.cardschat.com/members/moola2/

Good luck.

:top:

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Then you won't have a problem, many of the anti-virus software will say that poker sites have a virus, no one else has had a problem that I know of here at CC, don't quote me on this but I think it has to do with the saving of hand histories to your hard drive, the poker sites have to access your hard drive to save them.

Everyone that has had a problem like this with several of the poker sites have made an exception for that program in their AV software, and as far as I know they haven't had a problem.

You should be safe if you use CardsChats link to download the software here ---->> https://www.cardschat.com/sites/intertops-poker.php

Also if you intend to play the CardsChat games at any of the sites CardsChat has games at you will need to fill out your Member Profile here ---->> https://www.cardschat.com/members/moola2/

Good luck.

^^ This.
I installed intertops and did not have my virus scanner go off on it, my virus scanner will block a download if it has a virus in the file, even .exe files.

Intertops, is looking for any poker tracking software, which if I remember right is banned from being used on their software?!?!

M

moola2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah just my antivirus giving false positive i'm pretty sure, everythings good now I deleted everything to do with intertops and no more virus detected, its just a falso positive by my antivirus.

D

Dwarf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also just installed intertops and had my virus protection go off.

Downloaded it from the Cards Chat link, which leads to an unsecured sign up page :/

Tillersizuniversal

Tillersizuniversal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't had any issues but it does take up a lot more computer resources then the others!

L

luckyhearts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my mcafee said a virus attacked. prevented launch. downloaded from intertops website. seems like a common occurrence. can usa players play anywhere anymore???

L

luckyhearts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
update: no download version runs fine.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
my mcafee said a virus attacked. prevented launch. downloaded from intertops website. seems like a common occurrence. can usa players play anywhere anymore???
Good to hear you have it working fine, Intertops has always done the virus thing to me if ever I have had to reload it on a fresh hard drive.

Sword

Sword

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think that such a serious organization will allow spyware in the software