One is ignored; Together is Acknowledged

5turnZ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. As this is the first time I am using this site to begin posting threads, I’m not 100% sure if something like this has already been established; but here it goes!

My focus/inquiry is on the “online vs live-play”spectrum. In particular, are there different, lacking, or missing features of online poker that can be adjusted to align with the experience/authenticity of live play. Present differences keep some players partial to live play and refuse to try; moreover they tend to believe online poker is rigged due to their computer experience being “not the same”.
And yes, this “lack of authenticity” contain features we simply cannot do anything about (ie not being able to analyze your opponents expressions). Furthermore, such features can be minusculy noticed to hugely significant; regardless and most importantly: IT ALL MATTERS HERE.

THE QUESTION IS: whether big or small, do you notice anything (any site) during gameplay that is plausible to be made more “authentic”?

WHO KNOWS- perhaps things will be said more frequent than others to a point where we can gather our voices as one and let the sites know what it is they can possibly add, remove, and/or modify to further authenticate/preserve the genuine poker experience regardless where/what method.

5turnZ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A Couple More Things

Forgive me, but below is a broad example of a reply to this post. Please forgive me, as this is off top of my head. But it also shows you how broad we can widen this discussion:

“After witnessing the outcome of various hands, some deserve comments such as “Winner winner chicken dinner” and “Ouch, That’s gotta hurt”, etc. If the dealer was programmed/enabled to say appropriate but brutally honest comments at the conclusion of specific situations.”

May I remind you, your one post (of something you’ve noticed, a poker pet-peeve, and/or something that just straight pisses you off during online play) has the potential to evolve into a more effective voice for the authenticity, and perhaps innovation, of the online poker experience.

5turnZ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Until Others Post on This Thread

I’ll continue to think of/come up with inquiries from present personal experience, told about or witnessed.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE:
(This is loosely based on a question that another member had asked regarding the legitimacy of ACR’s Card Shuffler).
Live poker rooms have tables can ONLY utilizing 2 decks (one dealt while the other mechanically shuffles), greatly disregarding the paranoia of advanced combinations/situations/programmed hands.

Can online poker sites program/modify the math/science behind “random shuffling” to where it can essentially mimic the comfort of what the familiar 2-deck concept does?