I live in NY. Can I play in NJ?

L

LifeLab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

I was wondering yesterday if it's possible to play online poker in New Jersey although I have a New York address. Does anyone have any info on this? Basically the system I play on will know that I'm playing with a IP address in New Jersey, but my address is in New York. If you have any input it would be great if you could share.

Thanks!

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As I remember, PS explained that if you visit US you can't play wherever you're from. If you visit canada you can. So I think you can play in New Jersey, if you do it rarely. If you do it often they are interested in the reason. So you have to explain them. Sometimes it's not enough.
Or. Are you talking about hiding IP? Then it's another threat. They can notice it. Sometimes. Or should we explain you how to hide IP right? It's not very proper but..

Last edited:
L

LifeLab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm definitely NOT talking hiding my IP. My official home address is in New York. Can I play poker online in New Jersey with an out of state primary address? ie: would I be able to open an account with 888poker if I went to New Jersey?

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah 888poker? Sorry. My fault. I talked about other site. Did you try to ask their support?

Last edited:
Organize a Home Poker Game