How many buyin to keep in poker site?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is a good rule of thumb? How many buyin to keep in a poker site. Say you are winning, at what point do you withdrawal the some money and leave it in a Bit Coin Wallet?

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is cash, I keep it in my account 25-30 buy-ins my limit that I play on.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For excellent bankroll management, have 50-100 buy-ins on the poker site you play most on.

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep ten buy ins on the site, this isn't my full bank roll I have a separate bank account with my bankroll in it and if I lose the ten buy ins I can reload, but if I earn 5 or 6 buy ins I'm already considering withdrawing down to 10 again! Anything more feels reckless, if the site goes under or something weird happens you don't need to be losing 20+ buy ins!
Again this doesn't mean i only have 10 buy ins for my game it's just all i keep on the site!
If you do multi table like if you're playing 20 tables at a time then obviously you'd need about 50 buy ins on the site but asking this question I'm assuming you play 1 or two tables!
Another thing I've heard is have enough on the site for a full days play! Which you decide yourself obviously!
But I strongly recommend having a large portion of your bankroll off site! It's still your bankroll it's not for everyday use, it's just in a slightly safer place! (I say slightly because banks can be dodgy too!)

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to keep about 50 buy ins to MTT. Sometimes I’ll play a bit above that amount but still only micro tournament. I use the CardsChat freerolls to help build my bankroll back up when I go on a bad run. Which happens quite frequently 😥

I think the rule of thumb is about 50 buy ins. Depends on what $ buy ins you play at and if you’re willing to keep depositing. Not always a great idea as you don’t want to keep depositing money. So play at your comfortable level.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For mtt it is better to have about 100bb !!! Unfortunately, I always have problems because of a game that is not about bankroll !!!

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep my bankroll in my electronic wallet. I keep as much money as I can spend in one day at the poker room. What I win is payout. And if I lose, I don't play that day anymore. It's such protection against TILT. Sometimes, wanting to make up for the losses, I went to too high stakes for me.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, it depends on, where you play and what stakes. If you play on a well established large site, which has been around for 10+ years, your money should be reasonably safe. So if you are a micro or low stakes player, the easiest solution is to just keep your entire bankroll on the site. You can decrease risk also by playing on multible sites and then split the roll evenly between then.

If however you are a mid or high stakes player, I would prefer to keep a decent chunk of the bankroll in a traditional bank, where it is covered by some kind of depositors insurance. This also fall in line with the fact, that mid or high stakes players need a larger bankroll measured in BI´s, because winrates are lower.

It also depends, how many tables you play at once. The minimum to have deposited must of course cover the money, you are sitting with on the tables, with a reasonable margin for rebuys or top-ups. Its also not great to have to visit the cashier constantly to move money in and out, so I would probably not go much below 20BIs.

Finally it depends on, where you live. If its a country, where online poker is not legal, like the US, then it is obviously way more risky to have money in any poker site. We can just look at, what happened on "Black Friday" in 2011 because of this.