How is Carbon poker these days?

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play HU hyper Turbos on PS but i read something about the Carbon leaderboards and was going to take a look.
I remember Carbon had a lot of problems with cashing out etc and was wondering if anyone who plays there these days would recommend it or not as the case may be.
Thanks for your help.

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Colin,

I play mostly at Carbon and have had no problem with withdrawals.

I also pay HTT there quite frequently, as do many of us here. In fact, there is a HTT guide and rail thread that is quite active.

The adjustment that you will need to make is that Carbon has SS of 300 chips (I understand that PS has 500).

Also, Carbon did away with the LB last month, which is a disappointment, and because of that, there has been a slight drop in traffic.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They have a nightly HTT with a 3000 SS. Love playing at Carbon. Have had nothing but good relations with their customer support when I had problems.

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as you don't crush you should be fine. Carbon is legit, but they have went the way of Bovada trying to make it more casual friendly. I believe you can win at a decent rate, but if you do what they consider is crushing they start restricting your tables. I don't know if this goes to sit and goes, but it does pertain to cash and mtts. I haven't played there like I used to, but overall I think it has became softer because of this.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks all, Think I'll give Carbon a go. Pity about the leaderboard. The chances of me getting restricted for crushing is about the same as finding an honest politician or banker. Miniscule. :D:D:D:D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As long as you don't crush you should be fine. Carbon is legit, but they have went the way of Bovada trying to make it more casual friendly. I believe you can win at a decent rate, but if you do what they consider is crushing they start restricting your tables. I don't know if this goes to sit and goes, but it does pertain to cash and mtts. I haven't played there like I used to, but overall I think it has became softer because of this.

any links regarding this ^

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on there and have since august..have run up $13 off a freeroll into nearly 2k...overall its a super soft site..even the 5.50-11 MTTs are soft and the 1.10-2.20 are pretty much a play$ game...hypers are prolly the softest game on there..as bear said above a lot of us CCers were playing them until the got rid of the sng leaderboard..bastids!...overall carbon has done a horrid job recently of rewarding their players and have gotten rid of a ton of promos which sucks...theres no public freerolls..RB is in VIP points which are 10% of rake paid and only valid for 2.20 sngs and 11+ MTTs...if your looking for soft competition its there....for bonuses and rewards its the wrong place...overall the site is going down and driving players away because their nothing but greedy and well..cause they can LOL

Last edited:
M

mj23b

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No good

Until June 16th I liked carbon. I played a head to head game and lost when a player had AJ off suit and I had pocket 88 the flop was all low number cards with no flush option there were two 3s which means we both had a pair. But I had 88 so I had to pair and still lost. I asked carbon and they say no record of the hand. Also won't refund. Talk about bs no security for there players bs

OhYeah229

OhYeah229

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I am starting to worry about carbon because of the way they are doing promotions and VIP points. They are either greedy or broke. Kinda want to cash out all of my winnings and move.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I remember when Carbon used to have VIP freerolls on top of daily public MTT freerolls + funsteps, it seems like they just keep reducing the number of promotions they do and I think that will just lead to reduced traffic. It's already damn near impossible to fill an STT after 11PM Pacific time.

OhYeah229

OhYeah229

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember when Carbon used to have VIP freerolls on top of daily public MTT freerolls + funsteps, it seems like they just keep reducing the number of promotions they do and I think that will just lead to reduced traffic. It's already damn near impossible to fill an STT after 11PM Pacific time.

Yea I know how ya feel. The leader board and VIP program were the only thing really keeping me there. I cant fill more than 8 SNG at a time now.

S

SpookMBluffwell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing that frustrates me the most on CP is the length of time we have to wait for a tournament to fill up on a SnG sometimes it seems to take forever and while waiting I nbod off to sleep if Ive been up playing 36 hours on a weekend...only to wake up and see it filled and played out while I was snoozing like a fool! Oh well, one day I'll learn, maybe :)

S

SpookMBluffwell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you pull the hand up in your personal hand history or did it not get logged there either? That really freaks me out because I've never heard a bad thing about them. If that kind of stuff is happening we will never get online poker made legitimate in the USA. BUMMER!

OhYeah229

OhYeah229

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you pull the hand up in your personal hand history or did it not get logged there either? That really freaks me out because I've never heard a bad thing about them. If that kind of stuff is happening we will never get online poker made legitimate in the USA. BUMMER!

Maybe we are just being paranoid.

M

MiddlePair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To OP: Hyper Turbo competition is softer than ever right now as most Hyper grinders switched networks after being enraged about the LBs being cancelled. The water is fine now, hop in lol.

OhYeah229

OhYeah229

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To OP: Hyper Turbo competition is softer than ever right now as most Hyper grinders switched networks after being enraged about the LBs being cancelled. The water is fine now, hop in lol.

Ive been thinking of playing those. How is the traffic?

K

kowboys4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest problem I see right now with Carbon is them capping tables for winning players and in some extreme cases keeping people out of the VIP program which is the only sort of bonus they give.

OhYeah229

OhYeah229

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest problem I see right now with Carbon is them capping tables for winning players and in some extreme cases keeping people out of the VIP program which is the only sort of bonus they give.

I have not heard of the capping tables please explain that and what do you mean by keeping people out of the VIP program? You mean everyone right? Because VIP is gone for me.

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A late change they have made that I hate, if you guys enter satellites, which I find to be complete bs is, that if a tournament is on going with late registration, you automatically get entered into it with the ticket you just won. I can get the Sunday major, because with out that it would be hard to the 125k, but every single tournament, if you don't get to choose what is the point?

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not heard of the capping tables please explain that and what do you mean by keeping people out of the VIP program? You mean everyone right? Because VIP is gone for me.

I believe their current VIP system is only worth the equivalent of 10% rakeback. The players which they consider crushing, they can take away this privilege, giving you no rakeback whatsoever. I believe also that this rakeback measure is only good for 10$+ tournaments.

O

onlinenat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
other than the VIP system going to crap I have nothing but decently good things to say about carbon... I had a issue with random security check, but other than that I have pretty much smooth sailing on all carbon poker dealings

OhYeah229

OhYeah229

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a side not I just cashed out for the first time on carbon on the 20th so ill update when i get it just add another plus or minus to the site!

K

kowboys4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good players have had the number of tables they can play at once capped. They can only play 1,2 or 4 tables. Also the VIP program currently still pays out 10% Effective Rakeback for everyone in the form of VIP points that you can use on tournaments. This has been taken away in some extreme cases.

I also have to say that the Satellites signing you up for the next possible tournament is bs as well.