Hmmm

S

sharpone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im wondering why dont most poker sites have available phone numbers. Dont get me wrong there are sites that have there number available like bodog but most of the major site like poker stars and fulltilt just have emails for contacts. I personally like to be able to talk to a live person when i have an issue. I think there is a reason why there would be no phone number, and all the reasons i think of are not good. I will not go into that, because thats a whole different post.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree wholeheartedly with you
i def prefer to speak to someone live rather than have
emails go back and forth and wait for a
reply that seems like it will never come.

but i dunno, obviously they have there reasons as to why there numbers are not public info but i do agree they should have a support line or something

K

Kalebson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest reason is that in order to have a phone number they would have to employ people to answer the calls. Full Tilt would have to hire hundreds of people to answer the phones due to their size. Can you imagine trying to hire people that spoke all of those languages? LOL

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is just much easier to do live chat tech support for a number of reasons. An online tech can be talking to like 10 people(maybe more) at once and helping them all with their problems, whereas a phone support person can only be helping one person at a time. So it is more efficient for it to be chat support.

Then when you factor in language barriers(not meaning to sound racist), but for someone to talk to another person and they can't understand them, going both ways, information tends to become mixed up. This could be an American talking to someone from india and not understanding each other, or an Australian talking to someone from ireland and not understanding each other. When you put everything into text, it is easier to figure out(or put through an online translator).

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest reason is that in order to have a phone number they would have to employ people to answer the calls. Full Tilt would have to hire hundreds of people to answer the phones due to their size. Can you imagine trying to hire people that spoke all of those languages? LOL

Not only that, but can you say "phone bill"? Toll-free and 99.999% international, Isle of Man, Costa Rica. I swear, I don't know how Bodog does it. I've called them several times, and never even a wait. God bless 'em.