Great, so what are these FTP Points good for?

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd back on Full Tilt and just made like 1k in FTPs in 1.5 hours during the 5x promotion. My problem is it looks like these things are worth as much as a used jockstrap at a bridal convention.

I heard you can use these points to buy into the major tournaments now? Is that the best use? Obviously my paltry 2k-ish in the bank is peanuts but as times goes by I'd like to plan out what to use them for.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't been able to find good tournaments to use mine for. They have mostly satellites to satellites lol.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd back on Full Tilt and just made like 1k in FTPs in 1.5 hours during the 5x promotion. My problem is it looks like these things are worth as much as a used jockstrap at a bridal convention.

I heard you can use these points to buy into the major tournaments now? Is that the best use? Obviously my paltry 2k-ish in the bank is peanuts but as times goes by I'd like to plan out what to use them for.
1500 = a t-shirt

I got a really cool LS workout shirt for 8100 w/zipper pocket on the shoulder for the Ipod/MP3plyr.

Their caps are better quality than Stars.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ick ... super sattys or a hat. I do see that for 2,500 or 3,500 they have sattys to FTOPS events worth $322. For example, they have a 100 places guarantee thing but that's in 24 days lol ... There is a 2,500 FTP points satty into the $1.5 Mil Guar tournament (worth $535), I guess this one runs once a week.

bredstik

bredstik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep - with that many, I'd try to find the satty with the most monetary value to buy in to and win some real cash...

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the 215$ 750K guaranteed is 43,000 points
the 22$ double deuce is 4400 points
the daily dollar is 200 points

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember that if you have rb you'll lose $1.35 in rb for every 1K points you spend.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember that if you have rb you'll lose $1.35 in rb for every 1K points you spend.

This is not true for tourneys with no overlay. With overlay you lose mgr for the extra money but I've been told your mgr does not suffer if you play tourneys. That said 750k is the best value if you have enough, it's 43k points for a $216 tourney.

keaton

keaton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe, Full Tilt should offer cash or cash bonuses for points. bodog and UB/Absolute let you exchange cash for points. poker stars let you exchange points for cash bonuses.

You could always buy merchandise, and sell it on Ebay. Their caps sell well on there.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ordered this last month, but still waiting for it.

OI-ISLRe.jpg

Apart from that, a couple of caps and t-shirts. And then this is a must, imo:

OI-SHSRe.jpg

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ordered this last month, but still waiting for it.

OI-ISLRe.jpg

Apart from that, a couple of caps and t-shirts. And then this is a must, imo:

OI-SHSRe.jpg

Stop wasting your points lol. You should be using them to send gifts to your Sims girlfriend. :p

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop wasting your points lol. You should be using them to send gifts to your Sims girlfriend. :p

You mean the girl i kissed once and whose last relationship ended up dead by the end of season 1 ? :eek:

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here's what i been eyeing. but i really need a SNG book. if i don't have 10k FTPs by the end of the month i'll get the cards.

Attachments

• ftps.JPG
    ftps.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 24
J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many different tournies and satellites you can get into. You just have to look for the best value. THere is a 9 player SNG for 1800 pts. Top 3 receive a $26 token.

JohnnyFronts

JohnnyFronts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just save them and once you get 69451000000000000000 points you can get a motocycle. Duh :)

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a marketplace on the numeric forum for "selling" them. Meaning, you order something from the store that someone wants and have it shipped to them, they transfer you money. The standard rate is $3.50 per 1K points.

deadhxc

deadhxc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
save em for the FTOPS events and sat into a huge tourney

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a marketplace on the numeric forum for "selling" them. Meaning, you order something from the store that someone wants and have it shipped to them, they transfer you money. The standard rate is $3.50 per 1K points.

Yes, but after the MGR hit you get $2.15 in cash value from them. You'll get a much better return getting iPods or MacBooks and selling them on eBay.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I just remembered that you can buy membership to Stoxpoker with points. I used 13500 FTP pts to buy 3 months worth. Well worth it, imo.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
2,500FTP for the FaceTheAce final.... I believe it's Top10 win trip to Vegas where you get the oppurtunity to play for the big $$'s.

I've never found much use for FTP's to be honest. I've mostly used mine to play the 650FTP Sng Sat. to the 2500 FTP satellite, then unreg. & keep the points.. YAY. THen with those pts., get more pts.,.. & so on.. & so on.
Then using the FTP's for when Fulltilt runs a promo tourney (recently the $50K & $100K.. for 1,000 & 2,000 FTP buyins). Cashing in the one I worked it out that it still cost me to play in them as I lost some of my rakeback. (each FTP spent, whether it be to play a tourney or to buy something from Store...costs user 1/2 cent per pt.).

1800FTP satellite Sng to play for $26 tokens,... probably the best one... either that or the 2500 & 3500 satellite tourneys you've already mentioned.

wachinpntdry

wachinpntdry

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
........ The standard rate is $3.50 per 1K points.

FTPs are worth roughly $5.00 per 1k when used for tourny buy-ins....much better deal than the hassle of buying from store and doing transfers ect....

if you dont care for sattys or super sattys, just use them for sattys that gain you entry to tournys that dont have FTP buy-in option (there's plenty of them if you look around)....you win your seat then unreg from it and receive T$

generally the higher FTP buy-ins are better deals....many S&Gs have overlay built in....and often scheduled tournys with high FTP buy-ins end up with decent overlay

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full Tilt Points

So I have almost 1000 full tilt points now, and have a couple questions about them. So what is the best way to spend them? I am hopefully going to be recieving rakeback soon if they let me, as I have no affiliate tied to my account, and I am just waiting. I was thinking I should spend some full tilt points now, since I always hear about people spending full tilt points and going into the negative on there rakeback. What would be the best way to spend my almost 1000 ftp? Should i wait and buy a book from the store, or use them to play things like the daily dollar, etc. and try to make some money off them while I can?

Thanks for any suggestions!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just remembered that you can buy membership to Stoxpoker with points. I used 13500 FTP pts to buy 3 months worth. Well worth it, imo.

Speaking of Stox. If you plat at FTP signing up at http://www.trulyfreepokertraining.com/ is a no-brainer. At the level you plan to play getting Stox and CR for free is a breeze and it cost you nothing, not even an MGR hit.

8Michael3

8Michael3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Waited to buy a book but then I saw offers from 2 + 2 about getting the books there FOR FREE!!!

Then I used my points for the daily dollar and the daily dollar rebuy.

But if you save them up----listen carefully---- theres a big 2500pts tourney once a month for a first place prize of some real cash...I think 10K

Keep them and play in that...

Nuff Said.