goodbye bodog

bdean1

bdean1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i sent them an email 1st b4 i unistall this pos site i loved it b4 but in the freeroll today no way ok i have learned to just deal with the bad lagging and making me fold hands but not this time i had to send em something im sure they hae got plenty more emails...but im in the freeroll this person bets 200 raise i call got KQ flop comes KQ5 and he bets again but i cant call cuz i keep getting a window popping up telling me that they r expeirancing problems which this has been going on for about 2 weeks now never said nothing bout it b4 dont play at bodog to much anymore anyways..but i lost 200 chips when im pretty sure i wouldve won...ok again it happens i have pct 2s no one raised preflop i call hit trips then this guy bets biiiiig i think 340 i call that shouldve raised but had 2 more ppl behind me wanted them to call then turn comes he is all in but when it gets to me guess what "you r expeirancing technical problems" so i lost jus bout all my stack then cuz it folded me unwillingly i might not have won but still point is this site is making me fold hands that i have a pretty good chance at winning with i mean this just is not right i will wait on their reply to my email but i just wanna know who else is having these problems and the story

V

vdub04driver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats too bad to hear i really like bodog and suprisingly i havent had any problems with their new software. hopefully they can get a patch out to fix the problems soon though, because i have heard a lot of other people complaining. anyway good luck at the tables

M

mike222

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats bad to hear man but i never have any problems either. maybe its your computer. being to slow or something.

bdean1

bdean1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i thought that too but bodog has never done this till that update which thats when everyone else has had problems and its not just running slow cuz im getting messeges on my tble saying "we experincing problems" so its not my comp also becuz everything else on my comp is running perfectly fine its not the computers its the site cuz everyone else i have read these threads on says the exact same thing

mls1024

mls1024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had no issues with the software @ Bodog. I haven't yet seen that message either.

G

Gabaik

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats bad to hear, i very like bodog i never had a problem whit them. One time i lost my chips because the program fold my cards, and they deleted that tournament and give me back my money...so i think they a good company...

L

lakx97

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I got this message a few times yesterday, but I was still able to play through it. I just closed the box and kept on. It was more of an annoyance.

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I may reccomend a small Poker Room. Rarely more than 2000 people on at a time and the quality of players is much better than pokerstars and FT.

Bugsey's Club

The quality of play is satisfying. A minimum # of equines. A lot of good players.

This is where I go when I get frustrated with donks. Donkstrated

---

Last edited by a moderator:
kadafi

kadafi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I may reccomend a small Poker Room. Rarely more than 2000 people on at a time and the quality of players is much better than PokerStars and FT.

Bugsey's Club

The quality of play is satisfying. A minimum # of equines. A lot of good players.

This is where I go when I get frustrated with donks. Donkstrated

---

I know what you mean by ps but imo the quality of player at ft is relatively
high.

Last edited by a moderator:
katharine

katharine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am just replying to give bdean some credence. I too, have experienced this before and even had it fold all my hands for a while until I restarted bodog. Oddly enough i watched it fold hands like JJ and the board had me smoked so I stayed calm, convincing myself in was a blessing in disguise.

I hate the popup, and usually able to play through it, but this one time the software went nutso! I restarted bodog and all was well, but who knows how many hands I missed. This was in a $1 tournament. I forgot about it b/c I went on to win. Just wanted to say that its happened to me too, and I am sorry it had bad consequences for you.

Let us know what bodog says. I am interested to know if they recognize the glitch.

I love bodog too, but for me atleast its a very glitchy software. Cross your fingers its been good lately. Hope it stays that way.

K

khicks26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use to have alot of problems with bodog till i bought a new computer. which is alot faster,and have not had a problem since. maybe its time to upgrade if you can.

Mr Iggs

Mr Iggs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i get that message sometimes as well but i just click ok and it lets me play through....on the other hand, it was just a free roll man.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now idon't know if i want to DL bodog, i was thinking of it now i'm not sure. i already got rid of 2 other sites i did't like and was looking for 2 more 2 replace them. any suggestions?

Mr Iggs

Mr Iggs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now idon't know if i want to DL bodog, i was thinking of it now i'm not sure. i already got rid of 2 other sites i did't like and was looking for 2 more 2 replace them. any suggestions?

bodog is a good room...only thing is how do you deposit? Because there check payouts are taking up to 60 days for players to get....What sites are you using now?

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bodog is a good room...only thing is how do you deposit? Because there check payouts are taking up to 60 days for players to get....What sites are you using now?

1) LOVE BODOG. Great structues. Smaller fields. Overlays quite often. OK SW is soso.

2) try uninstalling the software and re-downloading. I personally have not had any issues the last week or so with latest update. Though once you work with it a bit you know the workarounds for the past problems. If you want a detailed list of known issues and workarounds, search for th *bodog email* thread on pocketfives.com (Hope the other site x-post isn't a prob.....)

3) for poster wondering about deposits, use the cash rapid transfer option. You'll get WD's in 3 days, no checks. You should call their customer service, which is excellent and they can let you know the current rules so to speak. (just in case rapid cash in <> rapid cash out.

4)I got my last 2 wd's in 3 days via rapid cash. avoid checks at all costs. That means def no CC deposits

NYislanders

NYislanders

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love Bodog. I personally think it is one of the best online gambling site. They pay you really fast within 4 days and don't send you checks that bounce not naming any poker site but like fulltiltpoker.

And they offer customer service # so you can chat to a live person and not wait weeks for them to reply like again not naming any other site FULLTILTPOKER.

NYislanders

NYislanders

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I make deposits thru a pre paid visa card i got at Rite Aid and allaccessgift cards

K

KidMoe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never had much of a problem with them a couple of months ago. I dont have any money in there anymore but maybe I'll try it out again in a few months if these complaints stop appearing. Hopefully they'll transfer some cash into my account if i'm inactive for long enough.

M

MakMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first, its almost impossible to play on bodog unless u have a T1 internet connection. :))

second, its a total fishbowl. which makes it absolutely impossible to get anywhere (whole table calls down everything with everything)...

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Endless Theme

first, its almost impossible to play on bodog unless u have a T1 internet connection. :))

second, its a total fishbowl. which makes it absolutely impossible to get anywhere (whole table calls down everything with everything)...

It's so odd that people complain about playing against fish, donks, calling stations. What the Hell? Would you rather play against grade A pros?

Put me in a fishbowl anytime. Sure, they don't know when to back down. They call, they suck out, blah blah blah. But they pay out when you hit. That's the big advantage as compared to playing with rocks, where gains come a painstaking nickel at a time.

So assess the table. If your bluffs and positional raises aren't working, STOP DOING THEM fer chrissakes! Play tight, see cheap flops when you can, then be happy when your monster gets called all the way.

Seriously. How many times are we gonna hear the "I can't play there; too many fish . . ." line. It makes no sense.

Gary the Worden

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Followed my own advice

After posting the above post, I went to Bodog and found just such a table. Playing .10/.25 NL, I sat down with the max $25 at a 9-person table.

There were 4 or 5 limpers almost every hand. A couple people were consistently doing small raises to 85 cents for some reason, and this just barely cut down on the callers.

Nobody was pushing very hard, and when they did - it usually meant they had something.

A classic loose-passive table.

Now common philosophy is to play opposite the table. So at a loose table, play tight. Caro says something different: at a loose table, play even looser.

The idea is that if you can see a lot of cheap flops and connect on some, the loose players will pay you off.

I used PokerTracker for awhile and tried to my VIP down in the 20s. But that's not always a good thing to do. At a table like this, I want to see more flops.

What I did was to fold pure trash but to limp or min-raise with hands with potential. Sometimes I'd make bigger bets in position or to protect big pairs. I know - people are going to say play all your hands the same in order to avoid detection. But people at this table aren't going to notice anyway. And whereas I might throw in a couple bucks on a pair of kings, I'm not going to do that on suited gappers.

Some of the play astonished me. I had AJ in the cutoff and raised it to $1.25. The button called and there were two other limpers. The flop came Jack-high rags. Checked to me and I bet about half the pot with my TPTK. Button called, others folded. Rags on turn. Check. Rag on river. Take another little stab and called by button - who had pocket Kings! I lost about five bucks on this hand, which is OK. But what astounded me was that the guy with pocket Kings on the button did nothing but call the whole way, including calling pre-flop and allowing three others to see the flop. He did nothing to protect his hand, thin the field or build the pot. Didn't even re-raise on the river. A classic passive donk. And you don't want him at your table???????

Later, I had KK in late position. Somebody in early raised it to $1 and there were two other callers. So there were already three people in the pot with people yet to act behind me. In a normal situation, I might bet $3 or $4, hoping to thin the field but keep somebody in. But at this table, I knew if I did that I'd have at least three people drawing against me. So, I bet $10. Everybody folded, and I won a few bucks. Heck, this might even have been one of those rare instances where a crazy pre-flop all-in move would have been warranted. But I was happy with the result. I'd rather take this pot down pre-flop for a few bucks than face a bunch of callers who might draw out. These guys are passive, but they're not totally stupid, so $10 was enough to accomplish my goal.

You don't like playing in a fishtank. People draw out and you and your big pairs go down. Well - do you allow it? What would you have done in above situation? If you're letting fish limp in for cheap - then of course you're going to lose more often than you'd like.

The biggest money in a fishy situation, however, is when you connect with a speculative hand post-flop. These opponents aren't really thinking about what you might have hit. They just know they have a pair, dammit, and they're sticking with it. Of you can make bigger bets with your made set and get people calling on longshot draws because it excites them. That's why I like to see more flops at a fishy table. It just amazed me how passive people were when I was throwing out substantial bets. And nobody pressures back, so I can draw to my heart's content. And if somebody does come back at me - it's almost always because they hit a hand. So easy fold.

It also didn't hurt that I built my stack so had the big-stack image thing going on. Bottom-line, I connected on a few things and it took me about a half hour to run my $25 to $100. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's much more likely to happen at a fishy Bodog table than on a nitty rocky FullTilt table where the players re wary and hard to separate from their chips.

Now tell me again why you don't like playing in a fishbowl?

Gary the Worden

P

plainluck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens to me all the time. I don't understand why some people don't have the problem and others do. The suggestion that one buy a new computer (which I can't afford) could be the answer. In the meantime I mostly play freerolls.

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting a new hard drive may help you if your current harddrive is over 60% full. It helped me greatly.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its lagging as I type...they need ot fix it...uppdate please lol

katharine

katharine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early on in today's free roll, Bodog lagged as my computer refreshed a Word document I was working on. This has never happened before, but since I was first to act during this lag, and the lag was so bad, I autofolded pocket Aces. The winner of the 1200 pot? Pocket 9s.

Murphy's Law: It only happens when you have the rockets, and only in a hand in which they would not have been cracked!

Seriously needs an update.

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada