gold level freeroll at ft or medals?

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone know how many players usually play in the ft 20k freeroll?
- should i take 70 medals or play the freeroll?
- 70 medals=14 dollars?

zek

zek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same question.

This question is pretty old but valid so I figured it was OK to bump it.

I'm going to hit Gold this month. Is the freeroll worth it (good chance of making decent bucks) or just take the medals?

-Raymond

zek

zek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
600 medals = $100

200 FTP = $1

I'm looking for a way to convert FTP's into cash which I dno't think is possible.

You can buy FTP's with medals (ok...) but not buy medals or cash with FTPs?

-Raymond

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
about 450 players
90 get paid
last place = 80
if you get rakeback it costs you 12 bucks
the value is around 40-45
if you take the medals you get 70 which is 11.20 towards 100 bonus

so the value is in the freeroll 45-12= +33 versus +11.2

but it takes time to play the freeroll and tournament play might not be your cup of tea.......so?

i have taken the medals but that was mainly because i had other things to do on sat afternoon

this month i 'm taking the freeroll....maybe i'll see u there .

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're a decent tournament player, then the freeroll is definately better. I'm not sure on the exact numbers, so I'll just take pfb8888's word for it. I played in the gold freeroll on April 11th....so if you want to see the exact numbers and payouts just click on "completed" in the tournaments list in the FT lobby and it will let you look back to the ironman tournaments from the 11th so you can see how many people played in each tournament. I wanna say the ironman was 450 and gold was 600 some...but I could be wrong. I'm at work otherwise I'd go check for you!

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
about 450 players
90 get paid
last place = 80
if you get rakeback it costs you 12 bucks
the value is around 40-45
if you take the medals you get 70 which is 11.20 towards 100 bonus

so the value is in the freeroll 45-12= +33 versus +11.2

but it takes time to play the freeroll and tournament play might not be your cup of tea.......so?

i have taken the medals but that was mainly because i had other things to do on sat afternoon

this month i 'm taking the freeroll....maybe i'll see u there .

For some reason I am blanking on how to edit my last post, so I'm going to double post here.

Just so my understanding is correct:
It will cost $12 to players with rakeback because the tournament is $20,000, there are 450 people, and its 27% rakeback?

So 20,000/450*.27 = 12

Is that how you come up with 12?

Well even if this is true, spending $12 to get $80 if you place is more than worth it. Most tournaments pay out a smaller % of players than this and if you just make the money you double your buy-in. This is, obviously, way more than double the $12 and the medals do not seem to make that much of an impact. By making gold for the month you will get 70 medals anyways, so if you just hit gold every month and play the freerolls you will get that $100 bonus eventually.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ironman freerolls don't affect rakeback.

Also, the freerolls are always better value than the bonus medals, at all levels. But it means you need to play a ****ing donkament. If you're into that kind of s&m stuff, you should most definitely go ahead. Lately I feel it's just too much pain to go through, so I personally take the medals.

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ironman freerolls don't affect rakeback.

Also, the freerolls are always better value than the bonus medals, at all levels. But it means you need to play a ****ing donkament. If you're into that kind of s&m stuff, you should most definitely go ahead. Lately I feel it's just too much pain to go through, so I personally take the medals.

Are those freerolls that bad? I mean....for a player to get Gold status it means they have to play a decent amount of poker. Shouldn't most of those players be pretty decent? I played in the ironman last month but got out on like the 10th hand. I had AA and I was pushed all-in PF by KK. Needless to say he hit a K on the flop and I was out. In the first 9 hands (lol) it didn't seem too bad.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are those freerolls that bad?

No, what i mean is that I don't like tournaments. But the ironman freerolls play a lot more like a regular tournament than like a freeroll, tbh.

I also call the $200+15 sunday tournaments on pokerstars ****ing donkaments, fwiw. :D

W

Western67

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the freeroll is definately the way to go, good payouts, more $ than the medals will get ya :)

P

plazzko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the freeroll is definately the way to go, good payouts, more $ than the medals will get ya
G.gif

Thanks guys

I had the same question as pfb. I guess i'll play some FR next time

TheUndertaker

TheUndertaker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The freeroll seems the better way to go from where I'm looking currently have 507players 180 get paid 1st place prize of $3000 thats good.

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well to any of you who got gold for the month of April...I'll see you in the tournament. I was hoping to get ironman this month, but had some issues with the cable company and lost internet for about 5 days.....that combined with having 3 days of 150 points just didn't quite get me there. Oh well, maybe next month! For now i'll have to settle for the Gold, lol.

zek

zek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, thanks for the kick in the butt. Playing the freeroll in a few hours. Woo! :D

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that was a nice 50 dollar cash for me
i doubled up with kk vs aq and that was enough

my kind of tourny 515 players 180 paid

zek

zek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sat around patient for a while, over played an AQ TPTK, and then had AA all in preflop cracked by 99. :(

-Raymond