thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have recently gotten back into online poker (thanks COVID19). I like freerolls and low entry tournaments and low blind tables. I play too many hands and far too loosely, but I am mostly in it for fun.

Recently I have been getting slammed with ads for Global Poker. I have read reviews that are positive, but have kick-back links when you join (so I take them with a grain of salt).

I don't want to drop money on a site that won't pay out. I want hours of games for pennies rather than dollars.

So my question is, is GP a good choice?

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen a number of Twitch streamers play on Global Poker and they have good things to say about it. I've considered it, but I personally don't like the weird model they have of coins and tokens.

My advice, though, is you want hours of poker for next to nothing? ClubWPT. I'm a member there and have made over $100 free and clear in the last few months. I don't even need to send you an affiliate link :tee:

They send out checks every month and have had no issues other than, they routinely go down for real money prizes in Florida due to Florida sweepstakes laws. They should be back up in Florida in April.

Also, with ClubWPT you don't HAVE to pay the 19.95/ month or whatever it is. You can send in a postcard with your information on it, and they give you a free month, then at the end of the month, send in another postcard. Look in the terms and conditions for the words "Alternative means of tournament entry" Follow the steps there and they'll have you set up for real money tournaments in about a week.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have recently gotten back into online poker (thanks COVID19). I like freerolls and low entry tournaments and low blind tables. I play too many hands and far too loosely, but I am mostly in it for fun.

Recently I have been getting slammed with ads for Global Poker. I have read reviews that are positive, but have kick-back links when you join (so I take them with a grain of salt).

I don't want to drop money on a site that won't pay out. I want hours of games for pennies rather than dollars.

So my question is, is GP a good choice?

I don't play on Global, but my best friend/online pro enjoys it. :)

For me personally, I play on BetOnline and ACR. I chose these sites because of CardsChat and the generous freerolls they offer. BetOnline has seen an increase in traffic over the last few weeks and the play in the micros to mids has been VERY VERY VERY soft. :D

Welcome back to online poker. I think we'll see a bunch more players like you, who find a way back to online due to the lockdowns across the globe.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't play on Global, but my best friend/online pro enjoys it. :)

For me personally, I play on BetOnline and ACR. I chose these sites because of CardsChat and the generous freerolls they offer. BetOnline has seen an increase in traffic over the last few weeks and the play in the micros to mids has been VERY VERY VERY soft. :D

Welcome back to online poker. I think we'll see a bunch more players like you, who find a way back to online due to the lockdowns across the globe.

No doubt about seeing more players due to lockdowns.

I too have been playing BOL and ACR for a few days. They are really picking up their freerolls, which makes me more likely to support them. Today I had a painful tutorial in how bad I am at NL Omaha thanks to ACR's freerolls. Still, it was fun and free!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No doubt about seeing more players due to lockdowns.

I too have been playing BOL and ACR for a few days. They are really picking up their freerolls, which makes me more likely to support them. Today I had a painful tutorial in how bad I am at NL Omaha thanks to ACR's freerolls. Still, it was fun and free!

I had a painful reminder yesterday to NOT jump into the $30 hypers, lol. Good think I learned my lesson after only 1. Back to preserving my BR and only taking calculated risks. :D