Global Poker Has screwed me over

Krexnik

Krexnik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am in the middle of a hand On global poker for real money and the entire network seems to crash... How can i trust these people when they crash after hours of dealingme trash in the middle of a hand..

Krexnik

Krexnik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PARDON OUR INTERRUPTION

Hi! Just checking your mouse works.
Click here to get to the tables.

THis is all i see.... you Kidding Me?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think in situations like this you need to confirm your internet is working, then take a screenshot of your hand and send to them asking for your buy-in back.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man,there is nothing more frustrating,,,, :banghead: Brutal!

Krexnik

Krexnik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Checking if my mouse works?.... You kidding BRO? LOL My Mouse OBV works

K

kichisk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
global poker

is this legit for canada I read a post about them being bad,, and I am not sure so I come to cardchat to find out lol...any bad experiences with global I like their withdrawal system..with paypal..does it actually work?

Krexnik

Krexnik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
is this legit for Canada I read a post about them being bad,, and I am not sure so I come to cardchat to find out lol...any bad experiences with global I like their withdrawal system..with paypal..does it actually work?
Seems like a legit site. I learned recently that the glitch was due to a software initiative meant to try to get rid of bots. The "Just making sure your mouse works" was a test to try to get rid of software that automates mouse behavior.

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately they'll not give you back the buy in.They'll say that it was a disconnection .

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i thought Global Poker was just a play money site?

Ruminate

Ruminate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They've got both - play money is gold coins and real money is referred to as $weeps cash.

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crash history

I am in the middle of a hand On global poker for real money and the entire network seems to crash... How can i trust these people when they crash after hours of dealingme trash in the middle of a hand..

To start with there is no rhyme or reason to figuring out server crashes. I've played Global for a few years now. I find it to mostly have a good connection most of the time. I would not consider Global a "Regular" poker game tho. As online poker goes I guess it seems to be as good as any other RNG, But it being a sweeps site means that the computer selects the winning seat before the hand starts, If that person stays in the hand till the end they will win regardless of the cards held, the cards mean nothing. If the player in the winning seat folds their hand, it picks another winning seat and so on till the hand is over. That is why you see people playing 93os preflop for big raises or all in against pocket Aces, AK suited Q's etc... then they win with two pr or one card str8's or flop a boat with hands no one would normally play. It makes the novice player there think they know how to play like a TV pro. but actually, over the long run, they will lose more than win as there is no way to know that the seat they hold has been selected and they play completely wrong for the true game. If you win on Global it is simply pure luck of the draw. I only play tournaments and cash out pretty regularly. Of course, I have found that when playing against strong players you can follow the "normal" Texas Holdem actions and have normal winning results as there is not a fish playing very weak holding for big raises. Like just last night I was in a hand With AA raised big to limit the field, one or two callers flop was rainbow and scatter cards I bet big each street and one called every bet until I'm all in on the turn. His cards show he has the third pair on the board (8's) with a Q kicker no chance of a str8 or flush, then the river comes an 8. This gives him the win when he really had no business playing along for large bets and has the effect of making him think " wow I'm good at this" when actually he sucks but gets lucky sometimes. You would only continue in a hand like this with many options in making a real hand, like open-ended str8 and flush draw with the pair but of course, some keep playing even with a one card gut shot or looking for the miracle other cards to hit.
:wavey::hahaha::eek:

A

All Rise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To start with there is no rhyme or reason to figuring out server crashes. I've played Global for a few years now. I find it to mostly have a good connection most of the time. I would not consider Global a "Regular" poker game tho. As online poker goes I guess it seems to be as good as any other RNG, But it being a sweeps site means that the computer selects the winning seat before the hand starts, If that person stays in the hand till the end they will win regardless of the cards held, the cards mean nothing. If the player in the winning seat folds their hand, it picks another winning seat and so on till the hand is over. That is why you see people playing 93os preflop for big raises or all in against pocket Aces, AK suited Q's etc... then they win with two pr or one card str8's or flop a boat with hands no one would normally play. It makes the novice player there think they know how to play like a TV pro. but actually, over the long run, they will lose more than win as there is no way to know that the seat they hold has been selected and they play completely wrong for the true game. If you win on Global it is simply pure luck of the draw. I only play tournaments and cash out pretty regularly. Of course, I have found that when playing against strong players you can follow the "normal" Texas Holdem actions and have normal winning results as there is not a fish playing very weak holding for big raises. Like just last night I was in a hand With AA raised big to limit the field, one or two callers flop was rainbow and scatter cards I bet big each street and one called every bet until I'm all in on the turn. His cards show he has the third pair on the board (8's) with a Q kicker no chance of a str8 or flush, then the river comes an 8. This gives him the win when he really had no business playing along for large bets and has the effect of making him think " wow I'm good at this" when actually he sucks but gets lucky sometimes. You would only continue in a hand like this with many options in making a real hand, like open-ended str8 and flush draw with the pair but of course, some keep playing even with a one card gut shot or looking for the miracle other cards to hit.

This explains a lot. I have played at Global for a while and knew something odd was up. It just makes no sense at times.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I signed up soon after they went live. Gave you $2 to play for free to entice you to deposit. First red flag was They only used Paypal (at least initially) for deposit and withdrawal) Second was (at that time) no traffic on the site. Joined a cash game but couldn't tell how many players in the game with my $2 was playing someone heads up who had $30 in his stack, nobody else was on the table. He went all in every hand. I laughed, uninstalled and never went back

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This explains a lot. I have played at Global for a while and knew something odd was up. It just makes no sense at times.

I no play at Global Poker but some people i have seem on twitch do
i find it hard believe what you say about Global not being legit in playing out hands
i no want to sound like a bitch of it but please can you provide some sort of proof .. so this is believable?

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cuckoo cuckoo NOT!

I no play at Global Poker but some people I have seen on twitch do
I find it hard believe what you say about Global not being legit in playing out hands
I no want to sound like a bitch of it but please can you provide some sort of proof .. so this is believable?

Well, KristaK - No one is saying Global is not legit. If you read the disclosure on the Global Poker contract page you will find all the information you need to understand. It says "All hands are individual game events, the winner is predetermined." The only thing that changes it is if the winning hand has been folded. This is why it is legal here in the States. If it was any different it would be the same as regular sites that the government removed many years ago. I love Global Poker and play daily and cash out regularly from my winning. But again standard poker logic does not truly apply. That does not mean you can't play a regular game and have most things come out good for you. But then I'm not a cash game player and of course, I hate it when I play an optimum game and end up losing but I take it in stride and know that my time is coming. You just never know when. Enjoy it I do.

:flute::top::flute:​

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, KristaK - No one is saying Global is not legit. If you read the disclosure on the Global Poker contract page you will find all the information you need to understand. It says "All hands are individual game events, the winner is predetermined." The only thing that changes it is if the winning hand has been folded. This is why it is legal here in the States. If it was any different it would be the same as regular sites that the government removed many years ago. I love Global Poker and play daily and cash out regularly from my winning. But again standard poker logic does not truly apply. That does not mean you can't play a regular game and have most things come out good for you. But then I'm not a cash game player and of course, I hate it when I play an optimum game and end up losing but I take it in stride and know that my time is coming. You just never know when. Enjoy it I do.

:flute::top::flute:​

hi hi
I appreciate the explanation greatly
that is interesting... not sure if i would be comfortable play there.."predetermined winners"? wow
But being in Canada i have many many options
hugs

C

cardshark777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a lie its not predetermined who the winner is. They use Mersenne Twister with background cycling. It can be hacked by good computer programmer though where they can figure out board textures and your whole cards. Rngs have been hacked even on slot machines and lottery systems. Unless its a cryptographically Secure Pseudo-Random Number Generator (CSPRNG) it can be hacked. Most of the poker rngs aren't worth a shit. But their cashier is messed up. If any of your tables freeze on cash games it takes your funds out of your account. And they wont pay you back as they clearly state they are not responsible for any tech issues. They have taken from me another other players quite a bit of money and never payed us back. The only time we have been paid back is when it was several players at one time funds were missing. Then they went through hand history and paid us back and they paid us 2 or 3 times. So they have a cashier that has a tech issue and if you lose money they wont be paying you back unless it happens to a lot of players at the same time. My friends estimated to have lost 1000s I have lost only a few hundred. But we all clearly cashed out off the site.

Last edited:
pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you one of those smart dumb people?

Thats a lie it is not predetermined who the winner is. They use Mersenne Twister with background cycling. It can be hacked by a good computer programmer though where they can figure out board textures and your hole cards. Rngs have been hacked even on slot machines and lottery systems. Unless its a Cryptographically Secure Pseudo-Random Number Generator (CSPRNG) it can be hacked. Most of the poker rngs aren't worth a shit. But their cashier is messed up. If any of your tables freeze on cash games it takes your funds out of your account. And they won't pay you back as they clearly state they are not responsible for any tech issues. They have taken from me and other-other players quite a bit of money and never paid us back. The only time we have been paid back is when it was several players at one time funds were missing. Then they went through hand history and paid us back and they paid us 2 or 3 times. So they have a cashier that has a tech issue and if you lose money they won't be paying you back unless it happens to a lot of players at the same time. My friends estimated to have lost 1000s I have lost only a few hundred. But we all clearly cashed out off the site.

Sounds like you know something about computer stuff but you know nothing about how Global Poker works. And don't call me a liar, girlfriend. And I corrected your many misspelling for you, geez. lol. :ciao::hahaha: