GG Poker, Deposits and Charges

F

Frango

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have recently started using Ggpoker and found that any time I've made a deposit the site won't allow it to be made in the local currency.
For me this is GBP, this results in a minimum charge of £0.50 per $10 deposit, with the charges increasing depending upon how much you deposit, $100 is £2.38 charge for deposits as they are being classed as deposits made in the non local currency.
The site claims not to charge for deposits and refuse to reply to emails in regards to questioning these charges.
I want to believe that these charges are just due to a software error, however their refusal to respond and refund these charges is questionable and leads me to tend to think that it is just a scam to boost the sites operating profits.
The software has got a unique edge as a poker platform, however charging customers for deposits when they claim its free to deposit isnt acceptable, especially as they have one of the highest levels of rake per hand when compared to other online poker platforms.
Wouldn't recommend this site as one to use if you at least on a long term basis especially if you are a lower Stakes player due to the charges and non communication from the customer services team who send an automated response stating they will be in contact. I've been waiting over 2 weeks for a response from the initial query.
Also found that the Jackpot for qualifying hand doesn't payout either unless your a sponsered player.
Rate it as a 1/10.
partypoker and Stars are much more reliable platforms that atleast acknowledge customer queries and provide compensation when there are software errors with the site.
Anyone else had similar experiences or problems?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Hi Frango,
and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear that you are having such troubles. As always before signing up to a new site it is good read the TOS first - and they say:

"We reserve the right to charge you fees for handling your deposits and withdrawals to and from your account as may be detailed in the “Cashier” from time to time."

So it is certainly possible that they may charge some fee.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can’t say about the deposits, because I didn’t had to pay any extra on my deposits there. But I agree with you about their support, its awful. They take 3-4 days to answer each email. I also had problems with their cashouts. I really don’t understand why wsop chose this poker room for host their events when there were so much better other options.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can’t say about the deposits, because I didn’t had to pay any extra on my deposits there. But I agree with you about their support, its awful. They take 3-4 days to answer each email. I also had problems with their cashouts. I really don’t understand why wsop chose this poker room for host their events when there were so much better other options.

Can not confirm this. I was verified during one day and support of both n8 and gg wrote back to my emails in one day and my issue was quickly resolved. Also you should use a e wallet for deposits so you wont have any extra fees.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can not confirm this. I was verified during one day and support of both n8 and gg wrote back to my emails in one day and my issue was quickly resolved. Also you should use a e wallet for deposits so you wont have any extra fees.

It was not me that had to pay fees to deposit, like I said I didn’t had problems to deposit there (it was the creator of this thread). Yes, their verification process is very fast and in a couple of hours I was verified, but it was the only thing that was fast there for me. All the others times I need them, it took days to answer each email.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they dont charge you an up front fee, then they charge you via the exchange rate. Its the same thing on pokerstars, where most of us have to deposit in USD, even its not our local currency. If I deposit 100$ and then withdraw it the next day, I dont get the same amount back, that I was charged. So its best to not move money in and out of the account to much. Ideally you want to make a small deposit, if needed another small deposit, and after that only withdraw. The only reason to make a large deposit is to collect a first deposit bonus.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Also found that the Jackpot for qualifying hand doesn't payout either unless your a sponsered player.
I won a small jackpot amount when I caught a straight flush (and met the qualifying play requirements without any sponsorship involvement). Is this a specific jackpot you're referencing?