funny fact after a withdrawal

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, yesterday January 1st I made a withdrawal in PS my earnings in December were good and the way I handle my bankrolls had to withdraw money, but the funny thing about all this is that every time I make a withdraw in PS I have a bad streak, for example, yesternerday after the withdrawal I played 7 STT and I didn't win in any of them, I lost more than $ 50 in cash tables. I am not a good poker player and I accept it but this happens every time I make a withdrawal on PS I do not say that it is something done intentionally by the software but I do have to say that it is quite rare that this happens every time I make a Withdrawal and I wondered. it happens to any of you the same or is it just my paranoia

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe it occur because you always withdraw the money after an "lucky streak" that will at some time be followed by a bad streak that will take you back to your normal stream of gains.

But we will never now how really aleatory is the card draw system in these online poker sites.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could just be normal variance. You win then withdraw then lose then win then withdraw then lose then win then withdraw... The trick is to time the cycle so you skip the losing phase. Good luck with that!

fb537dadbe65255d087665c799f9e2cb.png

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey buddy
Here in brazil this happened to me and with two other friends I know we won good values in pokerstars and after taking the profit it was very difficult to play even with AA, KK, AK, AQ, QQ nothing came on the unbelievable flop which seems to be very clear. which is intentional of the software.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars motivated you to win back and return the money.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Funny you said that,I havn't made a withdrawal but I sell some cash from my poker accounts to my friends and transfer them the funds and everytime I do I go on the longest losing streaks,I've said a hundred times this isn't bad luck its a set up.I bet if someone took a poll you would find an overwhelming number of players saying the same thing,just another chink in the online poker world trying to claim there legit.I,m old school if you can't feel it,see it or touch it ,its to good to be true thats how I feel about online,its all a con.In real poker you see the dealer and can see where the card comes from, in online were suppose to trust them that that 1 outer that came from thin air is legit were way to trusting.Until online came about I've never heard of any of the companys that audit these sites,I would rather a government audit these sites than independant companys how do we know one is not into cohouts with the other,

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its just your paranoia. Before X-mas I made multible withdrawals from 888 Poker, and during the holiday I managed to dubble my balance from 500$ to 1.000$ playing 2-8$ tournaments and arguable enjoying quite a bit of a sunshine run.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many have noticed this pattern with poor winrate after withdrawing money. There is also a trend with a new account and deposit. He plays his own zero, played on a friend’s account, the card and suit entered the whole game.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea its impossible to know unless u work at the sites then I think u can't play on it. My bro is always saying its rigged but I dont think so. To many games going on ect. But u never know,money makes people more greedy.

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a proverb. "The first time is an accident. The second time is a coincidence. The third time is a pattern. "

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, yesterday January 1st I made a withdrawal in PS my earnings in December were good and the way I handle my bankrolls had to withdraw money, but the funny thing about all this is that every time I make a withdraw in PS I have a bad streak, for example, yesternerday after the withdrawal I played 7 STT and I didn't win in any of them, I lost more than $ 50 in cash tables. I am not a good poker player and I accept it but this happens every time I make a withdrawal on PS I do not say that it is something done intentionally by the software but I do have to say that it is quite rare that this happens every time I make a Withdrawal and I wondered. it happens to any of you the same or is it just my paranoia
I find the same thing on Pokerstars, when you are within the timeframe you cannot withdraw it lets you win, but when it gets to the timeframe you can withdraw it's lose lose lose, I'm not sure if I'm crazy but it sure seems like there is an algorithm

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not rigged still, you are probably playing different with a smaller roll or its a normal downswing.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is no coincidence. The program is set to rake. Try playing with your friend’s account and the result will be different.))

O

onlinepokerisajoke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I was reluctant to withdraw money today for that reason and I was like this is silly. Yet I haven’t won a hand since

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I also think it's just dispersion. Pokerstars simply does not need to do this, they will earn their next billion dollars without it.:)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The "withdrawal curse" is just another myth about online poker, largely based on confirmation bias. I have withdrawn many times from both PokerStars and 888 Poker, and I have not run any worse or better in the aftermath of this. Neither have I run worse or better after topping up my account, which I have also done many times on both sites.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well at least he was no doom switched. I have also heard about this curse. The truth to it is why would they do that? i they did it would happen to all players and they would get caught and go out of business.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is no coincidence. The program is set to rake. Try playing with your friend’s account and the result will be different.))
Pokerstars rakes anyway. It does not matter who wins. And playing with a friends Account is not allowed and can lead to a ban. Obv the result would be different when you would play on another account since not everyone runs the same at the same time 🙄

As fundiver already correctly said this theory is rubbish. Dont fall for it.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I get the same impression, but not always. That is, I mean that the situation you described is not a regularity. I think it's just a simple coincidence.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Occasionally I get the same impression when I cashout on PS. There were times that I took a break of 1-2 days of PS after a cashout, because in the first days after a cashout I always had losing days...lol

N

Nuts2727

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play every day. I've thought about starting similar thread. One thing I've noticed, over the many years of playing online, is that when playing at any site that I haven't played in a while , generally I'll go on a hot streak right out of the gate. Can't complain about it, but always scared of what is to come. I live in the US, so all I can play are the grey area sites that allow Americans. I somewhat try to use this to my advantage and usually have at least one site not played for months, for when I hit a down swing. MaybI e it's just the fresh look of the room or maybe it's something else. I assume Pokerstars is fair. I can't play there anymore, but I always enjoyed playing there more than anywhere else.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course this happens and not only on PokerStars, I have had the same occurrence on GG Poker and 888, when I withdraw then I cannot win for quite a while similarly when I deposit wow I cant loose for a while...just coincidence I guess...

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
in your defense, I can say that this happens very often with players who conclude it's probably related to the program, some is my point of view and I think it happens and you don't have any paranoia:)