Honestly, I thought it was a Christmas Promo that was up for a limited time. I was already logged in to full tilt when I notice the new game added. As soon as you were finished a game you would get a pop up that said something similar to would you like to play again ? I think you are going to be hard pressed to find someone that isn't going to click yes. It would be reasonable to think if I wasn't allowed to play than I wouldn't be able to register.
There are plenty of issues I have with how they handled this.
1. First off I believe this is no fault of the players and Full Tilt should take responsibility. I don't think they even apologized for their error.
2. Allot of players thought this was a Christmas Promotion. They spent hours of their day playing this game. Some played for 8 + hours. They should be compensated for their time. There is no reason for Full Tilt not to catch an Error like this sooner than that.
3. There are players who lost some of this money at the tables in games they would never of played because it is out of reach of their bank rolls. So not only did they lose this money and have what ever left seized. They currently have to repay back funds they thought they won in a Christmas Promo but lost some at the tables. Some of these players are Micro players that were just taken a shot with what they thought was free cash that they won.
4. If they are seizing funds won in a game they set up incorrectly they also should be giving funds back to anyone that was affected (no matter how small ) in any Sit n Go / Jackpot / Tourney that players were in that used these funds to register. For example lets say player A had $0 but notice these Free games and wins $200 in them... takes $50 to a tourney and knocks out 3 players and takes chips from countless others leaving some players short stacked before eventually busting before the money. Shouldn't these affected players be given there buy ins back ?
5. There are reports of the rules of the game changing in the thread linked in the above post. ( players are saying they have screen shot proof of this but haven't shared them yet ) So I can't confirm if it is true or not but The link that full tilt provided me url has the words Freeroll issue right in it. In other words the link they gave me was sent to a page that was created after the issue.
I am not sure if I covered everything but I think that is enough text for one post.
To be clear I don't expect Full Tilt to give me or others these funds back. And unless they did change the rules at some point between players playing multiple games and seizing money then they are legally in the right to take funds back.
Edit: Regardless of any of that I wanted this mess up by Amaya recorded on poker forums
and brought to players attention.