FTP - what is & isn't working for you today?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wanted to start a thread here re: Fulltilt Poker, what is & what isn't working for you today on there.
I'd also like to request that this thread doesn't get polluted with a ton of useless posts so that others who are wanting to access info. in regards to Fulltilt can check this thread to see what's up (also, please try not to fill this thread with assumptions... ie. fulltilt is gonna do ___, then this.. & that, etc.).

I'd like to start off by mentioning that I'm from canada & what has been goin' on for me so far with Fulltilt.

Late last night I was playing some games & was on Skype with friends who were also playing on Fulltilt (me doing the Take 2.. they were playing SNG & MTT). I began to notice fewer & fewer US players in the Tourneys & realized they weren't able to reg. for anymore games.
One of my friends 'logged off' of Fulltilt & when they went to log on again (~03:00 EST) there was a 'new update' (I figured this update was the one that was restricting US players from reg. for real money games.. as I'd had an update on pokerstars earlier in the day). Around this same time I went to check 'MyPromotions' page & was unable to access it. My friend who'd logged off did the update, they weren't able to access the page either.

I then tried a p2p transfer & it went through & my friend received it (even though he could no longer transfer out from his account).
My friend then went to check to see if he could 'deposit' into his FTP account & he wasn't able to. I went to check mine & it looked like I was still able to..... so I went & tried it out & YUP, I could make a deposit.

At this point I chose to just stay 'logged on' to Fulltilt for good (well.. so far anyways), so I haven't done any updates (not the orig. one or the one I've heard folks are doing from a uk web page/site for FTP).

Now I'm not sure what to do on Fulltilt?? Do I bother with doing the UK update? (also, with this wipe out my player notes?... If I do the UK update will I still be able to do p2p transfers &/or deposits?). Not really seeing a reason I should do the UK update except that I'm not able to view 'MyPromotions' page (or sign up to CGE games & CC freerolls).

Would be cool if others could post on this thread what is going on for them in their area (other parts of world, what updates you've done or haven't done, where one should/could access Fulltilt site, what features are or 'are not' working for you, etc.).

... will update here if I experience any changes on FTP (& will just stay logged on for now).

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I updated and its fine.

Dont know about notes being overwritten but your notes are stored in this file

C:\Program Files (x86)\full tilt poker\YOURNAME.xml

just back that up.

brackdog

brackdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was not able to register for any FT tournament requiring a cash entry.

I was able to register for and play in two MOB private freerolls. Was preregistered and able to play in the Cardschat freeroll; cashed, and the winnings appeared in my account, as did those from a cash in Poker Curious freeroll. I don't think I will be able to participate in these or other freerolls that require registration on a pop-up web page in the future; attempts to enter tomorrow's Poker Curous freeroll elicits a "webpage not found" rollover.

Actual FT account is frozen, can't deposit, withdraw, transfer or access account history. Apparently I can still grind the private freerolls and grow my account but I can't touch it.

Inquired with Support regarding the check that I have in hand; no response and don't really expect one anytime soon.

BD

wolfie

wolfie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am from holland :)

this morning still could do anything i wanted !
had to reboot computer for a antivirus update :(

after that could not get into ftp anymore !
used the uk link to reload ftp and could get in !

now cannot transfer !
did a withdraw but is stil pending, normally i get it within 5 minutes !

will post if withdraw arrives :p

d44ve

d44ve

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been able to log in and register in all cash games and tourney today

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Canada here and It will not let me upload the new update. Got the update yesterday fine and played a few sng's, but today I am unable to download the file.

Is this due to unusually high traffic of American's trying to get into FTP by the .uk domain??

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ok so now (18:00est) I am no longer able to do p2p transfers (& this is while still having not logged off yet since Fri. am).

Talking with a friend on Skype (he's also in Western Can.) he logged onto FTP just a moment ago & is able to do p2p transfers & can see the 'MyPromotions' page.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im UK so all is fine for me.
Playing the CC freeroll earlier(1pm US time), me and 50th(Isaac here) from Canada were talking about this, and decided to see if transfers worked, so I transferred to him a $1, then he returned it back to me, it worked fine both ways.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stayed on ftp last night and when I got on this am my computer was frozen and had to reboot. When I tried to log in to FTP the update terminated with a warning screen and would not allow the update to continue. Bottom line, I can not access the ftp program from the existing link. I played ring games last night but have also heard that US players are not allowed into any cash games. My stars access also failed today under the same circumstances. The update failed and would not allow me into the program. Last night I tried to buyin to a ring game and got a quick not that I was not eligible to play any games involving the transfer of money. UB, AP, bodog, Cake, Feltstars, Doyles all are working as normal and allowed me to buy in to a ring game.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I updated and its fine.

Dont know about notes being overwritten but your notes are stored in this file

C:\Program Files (x86)\Full Tilt Poker\YOURNAME.xml

just back that up.

tks for ongoing updated info. everyone, & tks Stu, I just saved & copied my notes.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UK calling... All OK here except that I couldn't access the 'My Promotions' page nor register for the CC freeroll.

neil1603

neil1603

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UK too, I initially had to go onto the .co.uk site to download the software because the update wouldn't work from the poker client but after that no problem.

Everything is now working as normal, my promotions started working early evening. Withdrawals and transfers work OK.

T

telboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have tried to down load fullt tilt from the UK site as i an from the UK but the FBI notice keeps comming up and it won'down load

Telboy

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the My promotions page will work if you have downloaded the client from fulltiltpoker.co.uk. This then sends you to the .co.uk/promotions page rather than the .com page...

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
telboy, you shouldnt have a problem, you're only down the coast from me. you tried it via google chrome/IE?

neil1603

neil1603

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
telboy have you tried clearing your browser history so it has to reload the page. Then make sure the fulltiltpoker site you are on is .co.uk

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im in PA.

I havent logged off since yesterday around 5:00PM EST.

I can still play. No transfers, store or promo pages.

Im just gonna run with it until they kick me off.

I only have a BR on FTP. So Im gonna keep playing as long as I can. It cant be any worse than playing in Freerolls or play money. And Im so totally, hopelessly addicted to poker, I have to play somewhere.

T

telboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It still won't down load i don't know what else to do

Telboy

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It still won't down load i don't know what else to do

Telboy

I was having problems due to my firewall - since it is a new and totally unknown program. Ended up rebooting and during the download had to tell norton to TRUST the program.

As to some features not working, may be a result of all of the site either not being moved or the DNS servers not yet having the new pages.

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to re-download via the www.fulltiltpoker.co.uk link but was unable to complete the installation. Apparently the anti-virus and/or firewall would not allow it. So I disabled it and was able to download it but when i logged on it said "not accepting US players for real money games" etc... I tried the mico stakes anyway, but couldn't play. Unbelievable. The FBI doesn't have more important things to worry about than online poker? What a waste of resources. :( :confused: :mad:

lilybo

lilybo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I haven't logged out yet since this began yesterday. I am still registering in freerolls and do have the ability to play in real games, although now my br is down low from what I guess was my panic, lol. No doubt if I log off I am out too. Starting to freak that maybe I am the last U.S. player standing.

lilybo

lilybo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can also mention that the Full Tilt players online atm are just under 36,000 ):

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was having problems due to my firewall - since it is a new and totally unknown program. Ended up rebooting and during the download had to tell norton to TRUST the program.

quote]
My experience was similiar but with McAfee.

I didn't bother to 'uninstall' my previously downloaded FTP... did the download off that co.uk webpage (first cleared out files, etc. on puter, reboot then did the download). It kept all of my prior player notes & now I can access 'MyPromotions' page & do player-to-player transfers & deposit/withdrawl.

I see a few US MTT regs. are still playing in some of the Tournaments on FTP.. but not very many of them. Even saw a SNG reg. in a $10 sng a few mins. ago?

beantownmaniac

beantownmaniac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm logged onto Full Tilt right now (US player) and I'm only allowed to play play money :-( When I request my tournament history, it says I'm not logged in. Not sure why it says that. Can any Canadian players tell me what the rules are for playing online for Canadian citizens? I may just pack up and move there if the US continues to ban online poker. I'm just sick of this country taking away more and more freedoms.

bryan24

bryan24

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was having problems with downloading the update so I went to the UK site and downloaded from there and I'm back into Full tilt. I am unable to register for tuesdays cardschat restricted freeroll . Just for the hell of it I searched for a current freeroll and found a $150 rush tourney running now. clicked on the enter button and I am in!!!! I probably wont last long but it appears that we can play for real money ( a small amount) at tilt.