FT, freeroll to the daily dollar

DogzBestFrnd

DogzBestFrnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it just me or did this tournament use to be top 3/2700 won entry?
Today it is top 200/5000.

T

tdude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i signed up. looks like it will probably go by really fast.lol. what ever though, it should be a lot of fun

B

BBaker223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got knocked out of it. Thats a crazy tourney...you only start w/ 300 chips. Half the table was all in every hand.

DogzBestFrnd

DogzBestFrnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya it is a differant one than I was thinking of, I was thinking of the midnight madness tourney. This must be a new tournament, never saw it before.
Kinda fun starting with 300 chips, donkfest, but fun.

Another funny part I saw was people playing aggresive with 10k in chips and only 50 spots till the bubble. The top 200 spots all get the same prize, why risk your chips when you can auto fold to a garenteed win?

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love how fast you have to play in this tourney since you only start with 300 chips, and its a freeroll! I think this tournament started 2 days ago.

And why would you play aggressive near the bubble of a satellite if you don't have a big stack. Heck I would let everyone else bust themselves out until the bubble if i had a nice stack.

L

lewis010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it just me or did this tournament use to be top 3/2700 won entry?
Today it is top 200/5000.

its top 200 of 6000 people... also the stating chips are 300 and the blinds increase every 5 minutes so its really difficult to win these freeroll.
the tournaments you are mentioned are the daily double freeroll and the midnight madness tournament where as you say only 3 of 2700 wins an entry to those tourneys.

F

fergy05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This sounds like a fun tournament, The satellite to the Ferguson is similar, only 100 spots get entry though, but smaller field. The satellite to the Ferguson rarely lasts 2 hours, so it is nice and fast, and if you get a couple of good hands, it is not too hard to finish.

300 starting chips, that must make this go quite a bit faster, going to have to give it a try. Is this going to be a regular thing? HOpefully see you all on it sometime soon.

U

UFCcantstopme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today

Today was actually my first time seeing the tournament. I also saw a tournament dollar 100$ freeroll. Yes, the 200 people pay out seems very nice and it was fun, even though i only lasted....4 hands. I raised preflop to 120, 2 callers. I had KQ, K103 flop i pushed allin, a 54 called, 103 was of diamonds, the next card a J of diamond, i have a royal flush draw, .....black ace on the river im out. Such a hard tournament to play when donks push like that.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's interesting that they opened this as a Freeroll, not even a $0.10 buy-in or anything like that. Usually the Daily Dollar is around 7000 people, so FT has to add $3000 to the prize pool to meet their guarantee. So hosting a freeroll satellite will fill the seats but it won't help cushion the blow of adding 3k to the tourney.

Although to be honest, $3k for FT is probably nothing

F

fergy05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Daily Dollar is capped at 12,000, so if they fill it up, they are not adding anything to the prize pool. I am sure this freeroll is designed to entice more people to play in it than would ordinarily. With 5000 taking part in the freeroll, I am sure you get at least 200 that don't make it to the money and decide it would be a good idea to enter the daily dollar anyways after getting donked out.

F

fergy05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't see this tournament on for today. Does anyone know the tournament ID or what time it was on?

J

Jarod1231

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They have one registering right now where the cap is 7000 ... so thats what... top 3% paid? thats rough

F

fergy05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Made it into it today. Just so everyone knows, the tournament took just over 1hr 30 mins. The last half hour of the tournament was very annoying and frustrating to play. Everyone who was average stacked, would wait as long as they could to fold, or make any decision, just so that they lasted as long as they could. Very frustrating to play through and started so early. Got really bad around the 250 mark as 90% of the table started doing it.

Made it to the 200 though, so here's hoping I can turn that into a 1000 on the Daily Dollar.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea i couldn find this tourney anywhere!

does anybody know what the id or when exactly this freeroll started?!

thanks so much

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i never knew about this, im signing up tomorrow sounds like a quick fun game full of donks, that is where i excel :)

B

BBaker223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea i couldn find this tourney anywhere!

does anybody know what the id or when exactly this freeroll started?!

thanks so much

You can find it under Play Money - Tournaments. Registration today was at 5:30 I believe. I played my 2 hands (Q's 2nd hand) and got knocked right outta there by J/6 o/s. :)

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There were 7500 people today, with 200 people getting the seat. I railed a friend who played it today, it plays about the same as a buy-in Super Turbo. You pretty much have to shove within the first two rounds, preferably on the first round, to avoid being blinded down to absolutely nothing. If you can double early, don't be in too much of a hurry to put all your chips back in, but be on the lookout for a good spot to stay afloat, maybe look to KO a shorter stack who's shoving ATC. That'll keep you moving up the ladder and away from life support poker.

signorelong

signorelong

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Daily dollar sucks!

And the $0,1 $1000 guarantee too. 3, 4 guys all in every hand, with either hand. tournaments are very long and the final is only profitable and almost impossible. You can finish 100th wining 0,1$ after 5 hours. I humbly recommend playing S&G, 50, 180 guys. Everyone says that long tournaments prepare you for major tournaments but none plays such as playing in the great truth.