FT donk and goes

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The poker after dark donk and goes are running again....anybody interested??? LMAO

and anybody ever win any?? multiples??? screen shots!!!

see ya at the tables

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker after dark donk and goes ? explain more please I'm interested , nlmao . :)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played a couple last night, finished around 25th in one (a 360-player one) and somewhere around 50th (a 630 player one) in the other.

The secret to going deep seems to be not playing any hands at all - both times when I went out, there were still sitouts in the game.

Both times I played uber-tight, then went out on the "let's see if it's time to loosen up" hand. The formula still needs a little work I guess :rolleyes:

Does anybody know though - if you actually win, can you unregister from the round 2 tournament and use the points to register in another kind of satellite instead?

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well there are two options:

1. go crazy early and try to build a big stack
2. play SUPER snug, and look to double up w QQ+ (you can fold yourself to over half the field eliminated, w blinds at a fairly good M still)

You have to realize that the blind levels are only FIVE min. !!

oluaris

oluaris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i won a round 1 two days ago...
but i wont be available to play Round2 at the time it is scheduled

i'll send out an email to FT to see if they can move me to another Round2 schedule

USFDoh

USFDoh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The beginning of these are sheer pushfests. I used to try and play a solid game in them and would get waxed by some donk with a big stack later in the tourney when he decides it's ok to fly swat with 3-7os. Now I just join in at the beginning, and keep pushing hard until I have around 10K or so. From there you can play solid poker and make the final table pretty easy. I've won 3 rd 1s with this method, never got to play any of the round 2's though.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just won a Round 1 tournament now, and it doesn't look like Round 2 has an unregister button. Shame, it's scheduled for midday Australian time so I'll be at work. I was hoping to be able to unregister and use the points to enter an Aussie Millions satellite instead...

Anywho, the successful strategy seemed to be:

- Play uber-tight most of the time, don't bother with the all-in mania at the start
- Don't bother with any clever plays, they'll go over everybody's heads
- Limp to the occasional flop, and figure that if you've hit top pair you're probably ahead. Holding a decent kicker seems to be optional

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are hella fun, ive played like 20 so far.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#25469377 tourney

Im 2nd in the 180-man one atm! ... 16 players left

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i stopped playing these stupid things ever since i took 2nd in one. played great all the way to the end. then at hu some donk pushes all in with 9 10 so i got A4 d, I took a while and after that i said ok screw it and called and of course i lost. We had about same chip stacks, I had like 10k more or something like that and i had to go all in next hand and lost.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
god i raise as 2nd big stack, get called by a guy for 10k, he has KJ, im KQ suited

J on the flop!

anyway still 25k chips left

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh snap trip 10's im chip leader now 56k chips

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow i rly hope i get a seat @ 161k

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice work - you'll probably be playing against my empty seat in a few hours :D

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Afraid not - I get an hour max for lunch, and my computer at home is at least 45 minutes away

No biggie though - I only really entered the Round 1 game to fill in some time last night... and following this through to its logical conclusion, even if I did get through the second round, then win a seat on Poker After Dark, I'm still stuck with the problem of being in Australia and having a seat in a game on the other side of the world.

At best I was hoping to be able to use the points to enter a different satellite. But meh, what do I want for nothing? And if the play's anything like Round 1, my empty chair will probably still make the top 30 :D

oluaris

oluaris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
missed round 2...
had a meeting at that time
when i got back from the meeting, i only had 300 chips
was able to double up on the first hand, but got busted on the second

btw, i emailed FT and they replied that they can't move me to another schedule...
oh well...
there's always next time

T

tranqxility

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played in one last night when I was bored... I played like a donkey and it felt good to piss people off.

If I had a decent hand I would push... In the end I ended up sitting out with 30-ish players left with about 35K chips... it was bedtime.

Ceaser Lucci

Ceaser Lucci

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finished rd2 18th last... "season" or w/e. Final tble a few times since the restart no wins. yeah donk play in full effect.

D

Drawing Dead

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My question is do you have to play the tourney if you win the whole thing? or can you just keep the cash?