Freerolls in U.S.A.: Where To Start?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live in the U.S.A. (relevance soon to be seen) and just recently learned about the freerolls through cardschat :) With so many freerolls on so many poker sites, how do I decide where to start? What sites are best for the freerolls and what are some major pros and cons for each (I'm sure this is discussed at length in similar threads).

Here is where this thread is maybe a little different: living in the U.S.A. (state of Michigan which matters because apparently different states have different online gambling laws), I can't play on some sites like pokerstars for real money (aka, freerolls) due to Black Friday in 2011 and other things I am just learning about as someone new to online poker. The way I understand it is that I can still play for real money on other poker sites though, such as WPN (Americas Cardroom and Blackchip Poker) or intertops.

My question is "where to start?" I recently got accepted into the platinum level of the cardschat freeroll club, so I have many freerolls to choose from. Anyone have good advice about which poker sites I should join for solely cardschat.com freerolls? I currently don't have any poker accounts at any sites except for Pokerstars.net for "play-chips" but I can't use this for real-money events, so I am a 100% newbie at this.

I partly created this thread because I am honestly a bit overwhelmed with various poker sites terms and services, rake, withdrawing money problems and so on. Any regular from the freeroll club who also lives in the U.S.A. here? I'd like to hear which sites you play the cardschat.com freerolls at and any experiences with different sites good or bad.

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just so you know, state can matter as well. Many poker rooms assume I live in New York state because of the billing address on my credit cards and stuff, and take it upon themselves to enforce state law by not letting me play. I have not deposited in ACR yet, but I do enjoy freerolls.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...living in the U.S.A. (state of Michigan which matters because apparently different states have different online gambling laws),...

Just so you know, state can matter as well...

Noted. Thanks for the response though. I am like you and just trying to navigate where I can and can't play the cardschat freerolls at currently.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can play at ACR, Intertops, BetOnline, and SportsBetting. You have nothing to lose with any of them. Its free to sign up and play freerolls, you don't need to make a deposit. Some have additional freerolls other than the CC ones that you can also play. You can also play at Global Poker, they have daily freerolls as well. To sign up and play freerolls at any of these sites you won't be taking any risk.

So I would say don't wait sign up and give them a shot. I think you will find the real money players, even in freerolls, will give you are more fun game and much better practise than the play money players.

Myself I live in Nevada so my choices are limited. I play at Betonline, wsop, Global, ignition and Intertops. The last two I'm on shaky ground playing from here I signed up when living in Texas. I may sign up at SportsBetting soon just to get an extra freeroll.

If you do sign up at both SportsBetting and Betonline take note of this thread. This is the only thing you need to worry about if you sign up at both sites. You're not allowed to be signed up at both sites unless you're a CC member.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...your-bol-sportsbetting-usernames-here-291541/

Freeroll Passwords