Freebuys series in ACR

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How difficult it is to win a freeroll and even more a freebuy like the ones running in ACR. You start with a limited stack and in my case, without money to rebuy. I played the PLO event trying to get as far as possible, I barely played 4 hands: '(

Will it be possible to win? What would be the basic strategy to try?
:rolleyes:

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need great push/fold skills and a ton of luck.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such tournaments need a large share of luck and as always skill!

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been cashing in most of them. haven't made it to the final tables yet due to the blinds getting so big everybody starts calling with anything. they are fun though to pass the time

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a huge fan of them so far. Just another bingo tournament on ACR.

syarbouh

syarbouh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How difficult it is to win a freeroll and even more a freebuy like the ones running in ACR. You start with a limited stack and in my case, without money to rebuy. I played the PLO event trying to get as far as possible, I barely played 4 hands: '(

You have 2 free re-entrys by watching a video

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have only played in a couple but have had two deep runs one 23rd and one 43rd you do have to get a little lucky early but not be afraid to push your stack when your around 20 big blinds. Don't forget your two free reentries.

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations @LJG23. It is very difficult. Everything is dodging bullets. I have only managed to get paid at 1 event.

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last night, after 4 large hours, from 1 to 5 a.m., I made 8 dollars... then I lost all in 10 minutes in Poker Blitz... Why am I like this??? :'(

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive notice some of them do not give you an opportunity to watch a video for rentry. Havent figured out which or where to look.

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just have to play tight till you double up and then hope to get lucky, here i am in 35th with two levels of late reg left. Made it up to 15th just before late reg closed and everyone went nuts and i got knocked into the 90s but brought it back up and ended up taking 11 bucks out of it. Now i registered this tourny with 5 levels left of late reg and got quite lucky with pocket aces and a full ring of callers as i was last to act. But it early and you will be out early, i say give yourself two levels left atleast and wait for good cards.. then again i also flopped quad 4s and a full house in my first 10 hands on acr earlier on a tourney i busted just before bubble and pocket dueces take out a whole table so weird stuff deff happening over their.

Attachments

• acr freeroll.jpg
    acr freeroll.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 21
A

ACR Rep

AmericasCardroom Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive notice some of them do not give you an opportunity to watch a video for rentry. Havent figured out which or where to look.

Most of the Freebuy Series tournaments (above 90%) have the free reentry option, you will be able to confirm which ones have this option available and which ones don´t, if you check on the tournament lobby of each one of the tournaments you want to participate. Wish you the best of luck at the tables:cool:

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night, after 4 large hours, from 1 to 5 a.m., I made 8 dollars... then I lost all in 10 minutes in Poker Blitz... Why am I like this??? :'(

Dont mean this as mean but you have to know NOT to take it all into any game. You will never get a roll if your willing to do that. You play as low as possible with like a buck .01-.02 cent if your into cash games and try to build or find a dollar turny.BRM is key

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Youd have a better chance winning large sum off a lottery ticket or drawing. No amount of skill gets you past the first half hour, you have to win a couple of races. Its a bingo fest. All in every hand and just just 1 or 2. its 3to5 at a time You have to at least triple up in first 2 passes of blinds in order to sit back and wait to call 1k stacks allins and still got to get lucky for even AA to hold.
Good luck in them tho

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After building nice stack in top 10.My AA lossing to 44 in 5,000gtd freeroll .Im all in pre AA vs 44 .You know sad whoever designed this software.Its not just AA is Ak vs Aq .I do know 35 clubs can beat my Aj with top pair all in on flop runner runner for st8 w 35 clubs.Sure seems like a miracle yet it happens every few hands on ACR.All good maybe if I fold AA pre and a few Ak AQ AJ QQ I may take top 10 in 1 of these.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its very sad they reward horrible play. Who calls a big stack shove with 44 especially if they are big stacked as well. I think people WAY over value med to small pairs and the sites rewards it way too often. Almost every hand the RNG goes against all odds. Im just so at a loss anymore with online. You see horrible play rewarded and them same ones play same cards(or even small pairs) and there hand holds

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have cashed 21 out of the pass 70 freebuys. Slightly short of $300 profit with a 2nd placing on #21 which bag me $224.
Don't play normal style with such short stack. Shove it all in with top 10 starting hand.

Good luck to all on #71 with 15k gtd....Drooling

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best finish for me was 8th. It's a shove feast until bubble for sure.