The final table of an online tournament.

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friends, I want you to know that one of the things I like to do in my free time is to play poker online. I started playing it in 2011 from the pokerstars room, the number of times I have played at the final table of some very competitive tournaments, it is very exciting when you reach the final table of a tournament, when you know that you are in the awarded positions. It is the final table where we have to put our brains into overdrive and record in our minds all the steps of our opponents, know their games, know if they are aggressive, passive, bluffing, it is at the final table that you play safely.

Tell me if you have played at the final table of a multi table tournament! how have you played it what has been your experience!

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I have played a few.

Final tables are fun for me. I do not watch pay jumps unless a player is extremely short. I do not play for first or play to ladder or anything like. I play normally, try to make the best decision possible while adjusting to the relative stack size and table size. Last part is key your starting range differs so much because of these two factors.

In an mtt most times you rarely make a final table so most players lack the skill, strategy, confidence and experience at final tables. All players should get some experience with this by playing some one table sng's. There are many hands you easily throw away at a full table that you should be playing when you get to 3 handed or heads up.

It is all good and well to say when you get down to 3 handed and headsup you will open up your range. It is a different to story to actually play those junk hands if you have no experience with playing them. It is a different strategy needed to play 67 suited than KK and like anything you need practice to get good at it.

I always like to class players into general types, for final tables I use 3 categories.
  1. There are the big stacks that try to bully and play loads of hands
  2. The middle stack that plays relatively solidly but may try something from time to time.
  3. The smalls stack, usually quite tight and decisive if they play more often than not all the chips are going in the middle and they have a good to excellent hand most times.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played only a few times on final table and noticed that there are two main types of players there. First push constantly and are aggressive trying to secure the win in the tournaments and the second play tight trying to get as far as possible and win more money as payjumps are rather big. Usually first group are the big stacks and second - the short stacks. :)

D

Danrad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi
I am played on the final table at pokerstars room and i won $700 i am happy