RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi folks!
A day or two ago, I have focused attention on Exclusive Poker Challenge of poker stars where earn the points you need within 30 days and they will put cash reward $400 for 5000 redemption points (you earn 5 redemption points for every $1 you pay in rake or fees playing most poker formats).
I was wondering to know is it possible to do while playing on micro limits cash games? I would like to hear experienced players on this matter as well as each and every one of you about your thoughts running in your head in this regard.
Thanks.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$ 33 rake per day is real if you play 10k hands on NL5. But I play zoom poker. If it is not difficult to report in the posts periodically about success;).

E

Edmondo007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it can be done easily even at micros. I think the easiest way to do it is by playing the new format 6-Max. Even at NL5 (100 bb <=> 5$) you can make the entire new challenge of 4500 Redemption Points (for the prize of 540$ in total) in less than 70 hours of grinding if you can play multi-table (12 tables in the same time). I did it last month (from 100$ I have raised my bankroll to 900$), now I will do it again. I recommend to have a 27-32" monitor with a SFHD or 4k resolution.

The single drawback of this type of game its that for now there are no clients able to import well the hands played (PokerTracker or Holdem Manager can't do it)...so somehow you are playing "in the dark", unable to check your real All-In equity Adjusted for all the decisions you made but hopefully soon this issue will be solved.

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately my bankroll will not let me do this =)

E

Edmondo007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've promised that I will come back with more details after I finish again the pokerstars Reward Challenge. Now I did it playing less than 55k hands on 6+ holdem NL5 in aprox. 50-55h (11-12 days of grinding).

I have raised my bankroll from 500$ to 1700$:

- 540$ credited from challenge for the 900$ rake paid
- 589$ from the game itself
- 14$ from 2* gold chests opened
- 55$ from old points gained last month when my rakeback (chests values) was bigger

On my last session (today) of 3h45 min. I won 170$ from game and I succeed to make the last 320 points needed to unlock the final bonus of 165$ (great +session &#55357;&#56833;)...so an average of 85-90 points/h <=> a rake of 17-18$/h, all at NL5 stake!

Usually 70-75 points/h can be made at this limit but sometimes you find yourself in a lot of great spots to shove with a great equity and ofcourse this will increase the rake paid so also the points won.

Good luck at the tables!

tazzmaster62

tazzmaster62

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you played 12 tables at once wow
i have a interesting time just playing 6 tables at once lol ......

K

Kaban

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
12 tables, not everyone will be able to master this challenge:D:D:D

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
to my opinion the first exclusive poker challenge is kinda high and hard to achieve but the following one would be more adapted to your play ;)

E

Edmondo007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
12 tables, not everyone will be able to master this challenge:D:D:D

You don't need to do it like me (12 tables, <60h of play) to finish it...same points can be made eg at 6+ NL10, 4 tables, <80h of play....

E

Edmondo007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it can be done easily even at micros. I think the easiest way to do it is by playing the new format 6-Max. Even at NL5 (100 bb <=> 5$) you can make the entire new challenge of 4500 Redemption Points (for the prize of 540$ in total) in less than 70 hours of grinding if you can play multi-table (12 tables in the same time). I did it last month (from 100$ I have raised my bankroll to 900$), now I will do it again. I recommend to have a 27-32" monitor with a SFHD or 4k resolution.

The single drawback of this type of game its that for now there are no clients able to import well the hands played (PokerTracker or Holdem Manager can't do it)...so somehow you are playing "in the dark", unable to check your real All-In Equity Adjusted for all the decisions you made but hopefully soon this issue will be solved.

Update:

After I did some research, I found Pokeit and DriveHud -> 2 platforms on market that can handle the 6-Max format hands and display a lot of interesting and usual things about your game....so, until a major update from Holdem Manager 3, i will switch to these nice programs.

P

Pokerblitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took a break from poker the last few weeks so I missed this promotion on Pokerstars.

Was this "exclusive poker challenge" offered within the software challenges menu or?

P

Pokerblitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update:

After I did some research, I found Pokeit and DriveHud -> 2 platforms on market that can handle the 6-Max format hands and display a lot of interesting and usual things about your game....so, until a major update from Holdem Manager 3, i will switch to these nice programs.

What is better about these programs, compared to Holdem manager 3?

And also a general question about this "Exclusive Poker Challenge", was it available in the Pokerstars software challenges window, or could it be obtained elsewhere? (I missed it)

Yermek

Yermek

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not get involved in these tasks. Several times lost bankroll hurry to execute them. The probability of receiving normal prizes is extremely small.

E

Edmondo007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not get involved in these tasks. Several times lost bankroll hurry to execute them. The probability of receiving normal prizes is extremely small.

I don't understand your meaning nor sense in what you have just said.This challenge is available only since 2-3 months (could be made 1x / month). Depending on what type of game / stake you play, if you have a little experience you already need to know aprox. how much rake you "make" (pay) per hour on average...so already aprox. how many hours you need to finish a milestone of the challenge. This means that you didn't lost the bankroll because you needed to hurry up, you lost it because your win-rate is not a good one overall. Also there is not a probability of a prize there, there are 5 milestones at 1500 / 2250 / 3000 / 3750 / 4500 redemption points <=> a paid rake of 300$ / 450$ / 600$ / 750$ / 900$ to unlock 30$ / 60$ / 120$ / 165$ / 165$. Everything clear before starting.

Last edited:
E

Edmondo007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is better about these programs, compared to Holdem manager 3?

A lot of - things but the big + is the possibility to import and show different statistics / reports for the 6+ nl holdem (short deck game).

And also a general question about this "Exclusive Poker Challenge", was it available in the Pokerstars software challenges window, or could it be obtained elsewhere? (I missed it)

Yes, inside the challenge window. Last 2 months it started in 11 May until 8 June and then 8 June until 6 July (still on going). I don't know based on what criteria exactly PokerStars members were choosen to receive this offer but I suppose anyone on micro-low stakes who was active got the email regarding this challenge.

Yermek

Yermek

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't understand your meaning nor sense in what you have just said.This challenge is available only since 2-3 months (could be made 1x / month). Depending on what type of game / stake you play, if you have a little experience you already need to know aprox. how much rake you "make" (pay) per hour on average...so already aprox. how many hours you need to finish a milestone of the challenge. This means that you didn't lost the bankroll because you needed to hurry up, you lost it because your win-rate is not a good one overall. Also there is not a probability of a prize there, there are 5 milestones at 1500 / 2250 / 3000 / 3750 / 4500 redemption points <=> a paid rake of 300$ / 450$ / 600$ / 750$ / 900$ to unlock 30$ / 60$ / 120$ / 165$ / 165$. Everything clear before starting.

This is the case here. Other requirements are different. All these tasks are complete nonsense.

E

Edmondo007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the case here. Other requirements are different. All these tasks are complete nonsense.

I am disappointed to see that a Legend member who posted more than 1.2k times come with useless mentions just for the pleasure to type and to post without asking himself: "...Will I really help the readers with something after doing this?..."

- "...other requirements are different...": name them here...I repeat, only what you see inside the Exclusive Poker Challenge Reward window...
- "...all these tasks are complete nonsense...": what kind of tasks? Because for sure here we are not talking about: "play 100 hands on cash tables to make 10 cents..."

First of all, this entire thread was about the Exclusive Poker Challenge Reward, if it can be done by playing micros. Not mainly, but only!

Second, while this promotion is valid, every month until you reach the value of 900$ paid in rake, you are effectively playing for a rake-back of something between 60-70% (like the Supernova Elite members back in the past). That translates into the following: put some grind and you are granted for sure with 540-650$ cash (depending on your chests values, if you are a winning player or not etc).

The fact that they choose to release the cash into different values during the entire challenge it's another discussion (you need to do it by keeping in mind that most of the money you are receiving come only on the final stages of the challenge). In other words don't count on those money as bankroll to "keep the fight on", just focus and give your A+ game during all the grinding sessions and after finishing it take it as an extra-cash help: if it's not all extra-profit (best scenario), at least it helped you to forget more easily the bad loosing sessions (I mean only as money lost that now were gained back, because you still need to analyze your game and learn from the mistakes you made).

Let's think to what the winning poker player at micros with a lot of experience, written books, currently very active (Nathan Williams aka BlackRain79) said:

"...Winning poker players at stakes like NL2, NL5 and NL10 can expect to make around $100 - $500 per month. Winning poker players at higher stakes like NL25, NL50 and NL100 can make significantly more though, between $750 and $2000 per month. Rakeback and bonuses will often add hundreds of dollars more...."

So, if you play 50k hands in 1 month at NL10, and you have an average win-rate of 8bb/100 (a very good one if you can keep it during an year), you win 400$.
A win-rate of 10bb/100 for 50k hands at NL5 will give you a profit of 250$ per month.

I don't believe that a potential prize of 540$ guaranteed for a medium grind volume at micros is something to be considered useless. For 50k hands, it's equivalent to an extra win-rate of over 20bb/100 at NL5 respectively over 11bb/100 at NL10!

Especially at micros, with a pool of players that have max. 1-2k $ as bankroll at these stakes (for sure less than 10% of them) and on average tens to hundreds of $.

I hope everything is more clear now for members really interested in doing it. When I post something, I hope that the viewer who is spending some precious time to read it will have the opportunity to gain some valuable information.
Ofcourse that sometimes we can have different opinions and perspectives and I will be glad to constructively debate any issue if the resulting discussion really can help somebody to improve his game / results.