Not open for further replies.
K

kaetzchenfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Poker Players. Today I red a report about a scandal of rigged tournaments. I feel a little bit unsecure now. Sometimes I have the feeling a game is rigged because a series of unbelievable luck of an opponent. What do you think ?

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
- Do you trust in poker sites?
- Absolutely NO! Just like extreme, thats why still playing! :D

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't anything is rigged, especially at the Micro stakes I play... now will a poker site suddenly close and we lose our money, absolutely I've lost 1K total from when Lock and Full Flush bit the dust. I look at it as a business expense.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing poker online is by itself a risk-taking modality. However, accumulating these risks to poor platform choice can be a fatal combination. The online poker market moves billions of dollars every month and, because of this large flow of capital, has become very attractive to scammers and fraud schemes. pokerstars has been my online poker platform for 1 year.

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I didnt trust to pokersite I wouldnt play on them. Certainly not for bigger money. I believe that to big brands like Pokerstars, iPoker or 888 you can trust. There are thousands of players who are regular players and they make money on regular basis. And if the game would be fixed there would be plenty of evidence.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not totally confident about the cash withdrawal on smaller sites. Regarding table fraud, companies in this industry earn too much to risk losing everything if frauds are discovered.

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't trust a 100% but it's the only option that i have

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Till about a month ago I thought pokerstars is rigged but no it isn't. It's not the software that is rigged but the too many cheaters who are let to play. If you can hack any other online game such as for example Counter-Strike and see through walls and can do it despite the ultimate super duper security that STEAM has then you can make it with Pokerstars, 888, pkr and any other online poker site.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars and acr

M

Morly4

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't trust any poker site which has a bad reputation. You can search for other players reviews of any site. If they are good, you can expect they will pay to you even if it is a large amount of money.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some sites are bad like SPORT BETTING,I could never cash out my money,dont play there.....

M

marinaki85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you dont trust pokersites there is a solution..FREEROLLE tours...every pokersite has at least one pair day..

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think poker sites themselves are rigged, but I know for definate that some players do collude, I have just received a payment from a poker site with a note saying that collusion was proved on a table I was playing on, with the likes of skype and other programs it is too easy to collude, and very difficult to monitor anyone found doing this should be named and banned from the site, but I can't ever see that happening

MsNutHand

MsNutHand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One fun (maybe some times not so fun) and very strange thing is the sudden bad lucky phases you suffer with bad beats in sequence after you complain a lot about any point or situation even in trustable sites like partypoker and Pokerstars.

If you keep an average of 30% of ITMs in any of those sites and start complaining with their support area coincidently almost 100% of times you gonna see your AA and KK being broken by any other marginal hands almost ever.
And normally when it happens I create a situation to say good words or make a deposit and suddenly my lucky in the flips returns. And it happened several times so it is statistically proved and quite strange and maybe possível in my view that they can negativelly "mark" some players who are complaining a lot and also eventually "help" some others in some situations!

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe not believing, but sometimes I read on the chat people saying tha I am a machine of the site when I am with lucky and bust many players in sequence. It is the same I think when other do the same thing. It is the game, cruel and uncertain. But I play in PS and in 888 and I think they are trustable in the micro tournamente.

mange1234

mange1234

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely Not

Absolutely not. I trust none of the poker sites, after years of being cheated out of money and not receiving withdrawals. This is one reason I do not play much on line poke any longer. Knowing that a win will not realize me any money.

Now, I just play on line, and interface with cardschat, for social purposes only. And, to keep up with some of the wonderful peeps I have met on line over the years.

Things will never change until US Government makes on line poker legal and establish regulations.

Where does one go to sue a poker site for their funds, in Malta, Central American, "really".

Mike

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I am like Trump, it depends on if I win or lose.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I trust Pokerstars. I have had a good relationship with them in terms of customer service and getting my funds on time with withdrawals.
The rest of pokersites I do not know and will not risk more than $20 to find out.
In terms of tournaments being rigged I don't believe they are rigged to any one person(s) winning. I do however believe that flops and hands are generated to induce action.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont believed in rigged, but i do believe that some sites do not do a good enough job of preventing multi entry cheaters, colluders, and abusive players

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, I have not had any problems with poker rooms, but still need to find ways to kesh in and out of countries outside the European Union, this is a big problem.

B

benjustben

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i trust poker as far as i can throw it lol

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I too don't trust the poker room. So I don't keep a lot of money at the box office. Winning shot at once.

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do however believe that flops and hands are generated to induce action.

i'll agree with this.... not rigged towards any one player, but rigged to create large pots, lots of action and lots of rake....

how often do you see a shove/shove with AA and KK.... it gets to the point where if i have KK and the other guy is raising big, i say to myself "here we go"

and of course you can't fold....

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally it's not a thing about trust or not... it's a matter of acting smart, don't risk too much money, test poker rooms, etc. you can apply this for humans also, you know that you can trust in some peoples and others not and by the way poke sites are managed by humans.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Ask the company to show your source code and how it works and then, you will have the answer to that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.