Club WPT Should be SHUT DOWN & Sued

V

Vulcanride1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's the Thing,

I n My state (Minnesota), WPT is banned by law. I was unaware of this. So I go to Club WPT, sign up for two free weeks (with a Credit Card). Immediately upon trying to join a game, they notify that I cannot play due to State Laws. Fine... but that's not the end of it. I go "My account" and hit the "Cancel Membership" Link. Thought all was good. Of coourse, you all can see what's coming. I get charged $24.95. I call Customer service. They say Didn't properly cancel. I explain, "You still cannot deny service, but continue to charge for service."
WPT: "Did you read the agreement?"
Me: "For Christ sake, use some commom sense, And the F'n Agreement didn't tell me I would be denied service"
WPT: :We are disconnecting now because you are using foul language."

I will never even WATCH a WPT Even again. Just downright thievery.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you rollback the charges on those guys?

bstyles85

bstyles85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what length you want to go through to get that 25 dollars back. You could call your bank up and report a fraudulent charge and have them reverse the fee.

TakenUrPlay

TakenUrPlay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you used a Credit Card you should be able to dispute the charge. I have only done it once for something I didn’t buy - apparently you didn’t buy anything so it might work.

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an easy charge back. Chase would have this bank in your account in less these 2 business days.

P

paintedbynumbers

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Typically I would say dispute your charge but depending on your bank you may not want them to know about the gambling. You would likely have to say you didn't even acknowledge the charge and if WPT wants to fight it it could get messy.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's the Thing,

I n My state (Minnesota), WPT is banned by law. I was unaware of this. So I go to Club WPT, sign up for two free weeks (with a Credit Card). Immediately upon trying to join a game, they notify that I cannot play due to State Laws. Fine... but that's not the end of it. I go "My account" and hit the "Cancel Membership" Link. Thought all was good. Of coourse, you all can see what's coming. I get charged $24.95. I call Customer service. They say Didn't properly cancel. I explain, "You still cannot deny service, but continue to charge for service."
WPT: "Did you read the agreement?"
Me: "For Christ sake, use some commom sense, And the F'n Agreement didn't tell me I would be denied service"
WPT: :We are disconnecting now because you are using foul language."

I will never even WATCH a WPT Even again. Just downright thievery.

Just call the credit card company and tell them to deny the charges and that you wish to fill criminal charges against their site for charging your card that was never authorized to do so.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That is total BS from ClubWPT...Dispute the charge. That kind of crap pisses me off and I am the type of guy who would also file a complaint with my states Office of Attorney General, the BBB, and a consumer complaint at https://www.usa.gov/consumer-complaints I don't give a hoot if it is 2 cents or 2 thousand. or $24.95.