Club WPT?

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I looked for a thread on the first page of this forum and I didn't see one. I am sure we probably already have a thread somewhere for this topic, and if we don't there should be. So what the heck let's start it up. I recently started my trail membership to the Club WPT "Never loose a dime" site. It reminds me a lot of the old Card Player poker site. There aren't too many big money games going on at the Club WPT site, but I really like the live WPT satellites they offer. It really lets me fantasize that I might be able to parlay my membership into a professional poker career (ya right I know, not likely but I can hope and dream right?)

So ya, who here plays on Club WPT and what are your thoughts about the site?

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't had much luck at free sites and subscription sites. They keep going under on me and keep my money.

J

joe yount

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
clubwpt

I have been playing there for a few weeks and I am a bit frustrated. They let players sign up then SIT OUT for ever. While sitting out they have put into the blinds but they also win while sitting out -WRONG.I am not sure it is fair play there but I will give them another month before I drop my subscription.
JY

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh wow the resurrection of my thread. I was thinking about paying for a subscription again. As far as sitting out and just contributing blinds, that is totally legit. So long as you have chips you are a contender for the prize pool. You paid the price to enter, be it points or cash, or whatever. Everyone starts with the same amount of chips. If you still have chips after the bubble bursts then you win some portion of the prize. It doesn't matter how you made it past the bubble so long as you didn't cheat. Whatever strategy works is fair game. In fact, depending on what the prize pool is, it sometimes becomes strategically correct sit out and not play a single hand at some point in the tournament. Let's say you are playing a satellite wherein 10 people win and by winning you gain entry into a bigger tournament. Let's say the tournament started with 100 players and somehow you manage to have a substantial chip lead by about halfway through the tournament. If you continue to play you risk the chance of losing your stack and not making it to the top ten who win a ticket to the next tournament. Now let's say you sit out. You just let everyone else donk around and bust out. There comes a point in situations like these where it becomes mathematically correct to sit out and fold your way to a win.