Cat needs help - BetOnline download

cat24550

cat24550

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must have accidentally deleted something I need. I just downloaded betonline and it won't work. says something about cygcrypto-0.9.8dll is missing ( I don't know where it went) I system restored but that didn't help. Does anyone know how to fix this? You will be my friend for life. Everyone please apply. :confused::confused::confused:

H

heavystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to delete and reinstall... is it letting you enter screen name and freezing or not loading whats the site doing

cat24550

cat24550

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I uninstalled and re-downloaded but still says same thing. Won't load site at all keeps saying dll is missing

H

heavystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in system restore you can go back to a previous date, if you went on a deleting spree i would try going back to a date before the deletes

try here (link removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
cat24550

cat24550

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't deleted anything except a few websites and I used Pandora to undelete those to see if it would help but it didn't and I did system restore from August still not working. Dang it

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That cygcrypto DLL is not a standard Windows DLL, it's an open source DLL installed by the software that needs it, so System Restore wouldn't fix it anyway (System Restore only fixes broken system files and drivers). So if BetOnline needs it, it should be installing it. It's actually from the Cygwin Windows port of OpenSSL, which I'm assuming BetOnline uses for its encrypted internet connection. Are you installing with Administrator privileges?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try here (link removed)

I've removed this link from your post -- please don't link to these kinds of sites here. This is nothing but an auto-generated page used to attract search hits and get people to download repair software. None of the advice on that page is relevant for this file -- they just have a common page template that inserts whatever file you searched for.

cat24550

cat24550

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never had a problem with any other poker room and yes I downloaded it using cc link. I am horrible at anything with computers. I saw cardschat was adding a freeroll which is fantastic starting next week. I registered on the website ok and the problem has to be with just me as the others are using betonline ok that link he sent me was way over my head

cat24550

cat24550

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
David, if you have any extra time in next few days could you use teamviewer or joinme to look at it. I know you are very busy but i would sure appreciate it. Thanks cat Oh, and I was going to delete this thread when I got it figured out.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That cygcrypto DLL is not a standard Windows DLL, it's an open source DLL installed by the software that needs it, so System Restore wouldn't fix it anyway (System Restore only fixes broken system files and drivers). So if BetOnline needs it, it should be installing it. It's actually from the Cygwin Windows port of OpenSSL, which I'm assuming BetOnline uses for its encrypted internet connection. Are you installing with Administrator privileges?

Based on what David says:
- First note when installing Betonline, right click the betonline_installer and select 'install as administrator'
- If that doesn't work then you could try installing openssl yourself.
Use the verified links from openssl themselves.
https://www.openssl.org/related/binaries.html
Choose the package from shininglight that is most appropriate to your version of windows.
Then install betonline ago.
- Finally, a long shot, but you could actually try betonline support.

cat24550

cat24550

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
still not working

Thanks for your help. I tried everything you guys suggested but nothing has helped yet. I haven't heard back from email i sent betonline. Looks like I won't be playing there.:(

2ndLifeToLive

2ndLifeToLive

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
cat, I had same problems there I downloaded created an account then boom now cant log into it either.,I still get emails to come play there but cant access my account.

2ndLifeToLive

2ndLifeToLive

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was given a # as a user name, and cant use that either .Does every1 go by the # issued or can you change your username there once logged in?

123andyp123

123andyp123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was given a # as a user name, and cant use that either .Does every1 go by the # issued or can you change your username there once logged in?

The same thing happenned to me .I cant remember if i forgot my password and user name or what but i uninstalled my program then reinstalled and registered through cards chat under a new email adddress and it worked.So now i have 2 accounts there (although i cant access the first one) I hope this helps you (probably wont though),GL man .:) :D :eek:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
The same thing happenned to me .I cant remember if i forgot my password and user name or what but i uninstalled my program then reinstalled and registered through cards chat under a new email adddress and it worked.So now i have 2 accounts there (although i cant access the first one) I hope this helps you (probably wont though),GL man .:) :D :eek:

If they find out you have 2 accounts there you will have trouble cashing out if you win anything, if I were you I would send them an email telling them of your problem with your first account and that you re downloaded it and made an account with your new email address because you couldn't get the first one to work.

They want you to be a customer of theirs but they also want you to be honest.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must have accidentally deleted something I need. I just downloaded betonline and it won't work. says something about cygcrypto-0.9.8dll is missing ( I don't know where it went) I system restored but that didn't help. Does anyone know how to fix this? You will be my friend for life. Everyone please apply. :confused::confused::confused:

re download and reinstall.
or uninstall from program from control panel
and reinstall.
do not try to repair it, the fast way is to reinstall poker room lobby.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips

I'm new there also but I think the number is the only user name you will ever have.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Thanks for your help. I tried everything you guys suggested but nothing has helped yet. I haven't heard back from email i sent betonline. Looks like I won't be playing there.:(

What operating system do you have, if it is Windows 7 go to control panel then open Programs and Features, then find betonline and highlight it then click on uninstall which is circled below, that should start the betonline uninstall program, then follow the prompts, that is click remove or uninstall, whatever shows up.

when finished restart your computer and then download betonline via the CardsChat link and hope for the best.

Temp

I hope this helps.