Carbon Poker Review

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had a lot of experience with Carbon and most of the Merge Network. I think for the most part Merge is on the come up. Carbon itself is restricted to the network and in my opinion will always be under the top 3 available for u.s. customers.

I like they're deposit options because they allow quick access to funds and rolls. They're support is always online and they are happy to assist you with any specific inquiries if the manager is around (typically in the morning - evening). The freerolls are a great incentive for the player trying to start a bankroll as well.

They support as far as emails take too long in my opinion. I'm not sure if it is a different department or what but they take a bit to receive a response. They're check withdrawl is kind of a drag as well, they take a month or so which isn't bad but pokerstars usually comes in a couple of days for me.
progress.gif

A

angelaus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And they give daily rakeback to your account.. I deposited there several times but i dont like Merge network tough

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They give daily rakeback IF you signed up through a rakeback deal.

But if you did, you don't qualify for many of their promotions, like their recent Christmas cash.

My recent withdrawal took less than two weeks.

I like Carbon, but the competition is tougher than a few months ago, and it's harder to find SNGs and Omaha action than at bigger sites.
GW

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked very much carbon.

The software is one of the best, easy to navigate and rare disconect problems. The rabbit thing when see what cards will to show up after the hand ends is also interesting.

The only thing that need improv. is like glworden said the Sits, take too long to get full, but the Mtts are nice, guaranteed prices with not that big fields.

The constant promotions are also good.

T

TSM12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carbon Poker

Carbon Poker is part of the Merge network. The Merge network is one of my favorite networks. Carbon poker is one of the better skins on the network. I personally like their color screem better than some of the others. However, the main reason is that it has some of the better promotions and seem to have lots of tournaments for several of the forums I am a member of. If you want to start on the Merge network, Carbon is definitely the first skin I would recommend.

I

Ioreojr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Carbon poker because it is very user friendly.. One of my favorite part of this site is the accolades. they give ribbons and trophies to winners of certain types of games.. also my wife likes this site for the ladies only games... i dont think its fair, but she loves the fact that she can play w/o the "cranky old men".....LOL

t1tpfdc

t1tpfdc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play forum-sponsored events at several sites in the merge network, but can't say that I really like it all that much. Won some there but haven't had the best of luck. Maybe that's why I don't like it?

MrFold

MrFold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played at Carbon a lot in the past year. I like the software - but my computer doesn't. It frequently seizes up and I have to log out and log back in again. Frustrating.

HousesoftheHoly78

HousesoftheHoly78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Carbon poker. I think it's one of the best sites next to Doyals Room and Full Tilt. I'm a U.S.A. player and still trying to figure out what is the best and easiest deposit methods. Any advice would be helpfull. I play the free rolls at Carbon but, have not come up with any winnings yet on that site.

TKinWIS

TKinWIS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Carbon. Fun graphic and great chat feature. Site plays well and I can't win a cash game there to save my backside. I suspect that's on me, not Carbon.

I

Ioreojr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive won a few cash games here, but the biggest seller right now is that the bad beat is over 900,000... so id like to hear someone from CC win it... GL to all hope to see you at the tables....

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Carbon has a big potential

They have great promotions, great loyalty programs, fantastic freeroll opportunities

Even though their software is a big resource hog (messed up my older XP a lot when multi-tabling different sites), I am not sure if that is main reason they have much less players than I would expect.

Maybe someone can chime in....I have not seen an unusual amount of complaints on service (yeah--everyone has a horror story or two about any site), and they try to give money away.

I have been surprised for months that I have been actively playing on Carbon at the low amount of players.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice post, BK. :)

However, please remember that CC is an international site, and therefore a remark like this:

... if the manager is around (typically in the morning - evening).

is confusing for readers unless you state clearly what country/timezone you are in.