My Carbon Poker Adventure Ends
Score one for the Little Guy....My Carbon Poker
Adventure ended today.
For Details of My story and other people's, refer to:
To summarize, (because I know most people don't bother with the long posts)...
1. I deposited $500 US in Early February.
2. I made a small profit over a couple of weeks, $380 US
3. I tried to Log onto my account to play on Feb 18/09 and got a message saying my account had been suspended, contact Customer Support.
4. My account was closed due to "Fraud" and "Chargebacks".
5. I involved my Bank and a great site "Casinomeister.com" to help me prove I did nothing wrong.
6. 36 emails, most of Carbon's saying the same thing. They were just basic "Form" emails containing no information to help resolve the problem.
7. I received an advertisement email on Feb 25th saying, "You still have real money
in your account". Confused, (because I never got any email saying anything had changed), I tried to log on and go figure, I had $380 in my account. When I inquired as to where the rest of my money was, I was told that the original deposit would not be returned because it was involved in "Fraudulent" activities. I asked how, if that were true, I could have received my profits that were gained from that deposit. They sent my another "Form" email with no info.
8. My bank and Casinomeister continued working on the problem and on March 6th I received an email saying that my $500 had been released. I immediately put in a Withdrawal request and this morning, I got notification today that it had been approved and I have my money.
I waited until the Approval before posting this because They, (Carbon), obviously lost my trust. Now that I've gotten my money, I can move on and leave this behind.
If anyone else is going thru this, PM me and I can give more details that might help get your money back.
For those considering signing up at Carbon, proceed with caution.
1. They have no Phone Service for their customers.
2. Their "Live Help" is only available to members and if your account is suspended, you can't log on, so this is also not an option.
3. Even after finding out that the error was made by Carbon, they offered nothing to make a customer they had wronged a reason to remain at their site.
4. After everything was resolved, I discovered that even though I had my money released, I lost my bonuses and Rakeback I had earned. I did get the token, "Sorry for any inconvenience", but that was it. Full Tilt gave me $50 cash, 2 tourney Buy-ins and a well written apology a few years ago when they made an error that affected my account. It also only took less than two days to get sorted out with Full Tilt.
There are far too many Online Poker Sites
to play at Sites that can only offer mediocre Customer Service like Carbon offers. When it comes down to it, Poker is Poker and the important thing is getting good Customer Service and the ability to feel comfortable as far as your money is concerned.
In the end, I will not be chasing bonuses and Rakeback at the smaller sites. I will stick to the bigger sites with proven Customer Service and reputations.
I've done close to 300 withdrawals with no problems and usually get around $500 Rakeback per month, so I play a decent amount of poker. In my opinion, it is in sites like Carbon's best interest to do more to keep players like myself happy.
I'm just happy to have this done with and look forward to getting back to playing poker instead of spending unnecessary time dealing with Shady Online Poker sites.