(Carbon) Card Player Poker Tour

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering if anybody else here at CC has won a package through carbon and are having any issue with support on details of the package or just any trouble in general. I won this package on Sunday March 29th, 2015 and was told I had until the 3rd of April at Noon EST to decide whether I wanted to plan my own trip or have them give my info to CPPT. I have all the emails and chat logs saved to prove that I contacted them before the deadline which they would send the information to the Card Player Rep. I will be speaking to this person today and hopefully there is just a misunderstanding. My issue was or is that it is a package for one person and I was taking my fiance with me and the only way to do this was to have the funds transferred to my player account in order to plan my own trip. Now it took them 5 days to finally contact me back after the 3rd(deadline) to tell me they have contacted CPPT with my information and they will be in contact with me today.

I will update you guys with any information I receive today. Hopefully nobody else is having this issue.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the First message I received from them regarding the options I had available.

CarbonPoker Support
To me Apr 1 at 1:33 PM
Hi David,
Once again, congratulations on your recent CPPT Caribbean Beach Poker Classic satellite victory!
Before we send your details to Card Player Poker Tour to arrange your travel plan, we wanted to see if you would like to receive the $3,500 directly into your player account, so you can plan your own travel arrangements.
Please note, the maximum check withdrawal amount is $2,500 and currently has a wait time of 3 - 5 weeks.
If we do not hear from you by Friday, April 3rd, 2015 at 12:00 ET, we will send your contact details to Card Player Poker Tour to get in touch with your regarding your package.
Let us know if you have any questions.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
me
To CarbonPoker Support Apr 2 at 4:22 PM
I would like to receive the money into my player account so i could make my own plans. Im hoping somebody could please get in contact with me ASAP because i have less than 3 weeks to arrange my trip. Thank you

This is the email I received yesterday from support.

Dear David,
Thank you for contacting us.
Please be informed that the CPPT staff will be in touch with you by tomorrow in order to start the arrangement with the package. Keep checking your inbox for further contact.
We are always here to help you. Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions in relation to this or any other matter.

This was 5 days later that they finally responded to me and they are saying they already sent the info to CPPT

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now am I completely crazy or does it seem like another screwjob by Carbon? Now this same person I spoke to lastnight is the same guy who supposedly is the supervisor who also told me through live chat that he could not help me at this time and the person/s I need to spwak to can be reached in the morning.Also that my issue needed to be submitted via email which I have sent numerous emails on April 1st-3rd before the deadline.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ethan Moss: at 10:35:27
I see that you already contacted via email saying that you want the funds to be deposited to the account
Ethan Moss: at 10:36:00
All this information was compiled and sent to the proper department in order to start with this process.
Ethan Moss: at 10:36:09
This funds will hit your account next week

Either I am insanely retarded or I did not completely comprehend this...

Ethan Moss: at 10:35:27
I see that you already contacted via email saying that you want the funds to be deposited to the account
Ethan Moss: at 10:36:00
All this information was compiled and sent to the proper department in order to start with this process.
Ethan Moss: at 10:36:09
This funds will hit your account next week

With this in mind I thought OK I have nothing to worry about and I will wait until the funds hit my account to plan the trip. I have the money to cover it but I just want to make sure that I will receive the funds before I start to spend my own money.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anybody have any input on what I should do here? They told me I had until the 3rd to decide. I made my decision the very next day to which nobody replied back until 5 days later to only tell me that they sent my information to the rep already. And when I first spoke to them they were replying within 20-30 minutes and not just the regular responses that they received my emails.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what happens when you remain patient! And all they will have to say is sorry for any inconveniences we have caused you but it is out of our hands we already sent the information to CPPT. Then what do I do?

Please remain patient and wait for the funds to hit your account
David M: at 10:37:57
OK sorry if im coming off as an ass but so far you helped me way more than the last person
Ethan Moss: at 10:38:40
When it comes to cash out funds for this type of events are usually expedite to ensure the player takes advantage of the full benefit like it should
David M: at 10:39:08
The first person I spoke to on live chat had no Idea what CPPT was which I can understand if he works in the wrong department
David M: at 10:39:49
So say if I cant make the trip details in time then what happens to the package/money?
Ethan Moss: at 10:39:55
Yes, the thing is that when you contact all contacts fall into the customer service department and you must ask to be transferred to the poker team in order to be assisted by a person who is familiar with the situations
Ethan Moss: at 10:41:21
If in the worse scenario you are unable to make it or there is any type of unfortunate situation keep in mind that the funds are yours and you won the prize so the funds will not be removed.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear David,
Thank you for contacting us.
Please be informed that your $3500 CPPT package prize has been now credited, congratulations and good luck in the tournament.
We are always here to help you. Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions in relation to this or any other matter.

So....

I chose to wait until later on this year in Sept to attend the Card Player Cruises Main event at Sea on Sept. 5th, 2015. It has a buy-in of $1000+$100 fee not sure of the Guarantee yet but this should buy me time to WD any money I can and plan the trip right instead of rushing around with only a few weeks til the CPPT ME down there on the 30th.

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
me
To CarbonPoker Support Apr 2 at 4:22 PM
I would like to receive the money into my player account so i could make my own plans. Im hoping somebody could please get in contact with me ASAP because i have less than 3 weeks to arrange my trip. Thank you

I think this was unrealistic from the get-go, based on the initial e-mail that read:

Please note, the maximum check withdrawal amount is $2,500 and currently has a wait time of 3 - 5 weeks.

You clearly cannot withdraw the $3500 within the 3 week time frame you desired.

I don't think there is any real issue here. They were trying to tell you that you could arrange your own travel, out of pocket, and just have the funds put in your Carbon account, and made the point that it was unlikely you could withdraw those funds in time to use them on your own.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Great that they honoured your prize, as a player who has money there these things spook me.

Keep us posted how you go in the tournament. Would be fantastic for you and Cardschat if you do well, best of luck.