What happened to the Palms Poker room?
I wonder why Bobby Griffith could not fill that poker room with players? There is really is no excuse why. He had all of the state of the art poker tools including:
1. Location (Closet poker room to Chinatown, and the WSOP
2. Easy Parking
3. Shuffle master shuffle machines
4. The most convenient sports book access, (right in sports book, that is huge!)
5. Enclosed V.I.P. Room
6. Located next to the bar, plus beautiful ****tail servers to serve the players
7. Located in a high traffic area of the Casino towards the front
8. Use of the giant marque visible to thousands of potential customers
9. Plenty of space in between tables. (regardless if it was empty or not)
10. State of the art computer system linked to Bravo
11. The "Palms" brand. A brand that is just as well known as "The Wynn", "Bellagio", "Venetian", "Aria"
And not to mention, the economy is booming with stocks being at the their all time highest along with the housing market starting to pick back up. People have money and they want to spend it.
Any poker room manager, any where in the world having access to those kind of tools, along with these economic conditions, would have no problem being able to fill that room with high action players, plus a long waiting list.
Previous managers had the opposite problems Bobby Griffith did. The previous managers were begging for more room and more tables. I also wonder what Bobby Griffith's, excuse was? We may never know. It don't matter anyway. He failed.
It seems like who ever was in charge of the Palms in the past, made a huge mistake firing the previous managers who were able to make that room a success. Wouldn't you agree? How can you argue with a fact?