Buying stuff with points

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just interested to know what peoples experiences have been with buying stuff from the FTP or pokerstars stores. If you have got stuff from these stores then let us know what you got and if you were happy with it or also if there is anything that you were disappointed with, quality, etc.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bought the hat and t-shirt combo at Stars with my first 1000 points. I'm happy and shipping was fast. The hat could be better, but I'm getting used to it (best to wear it backwards, imo). Bought cash bonuses with the rest -- that can't be beat!

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recieved the hat from PS about a year or so ago. It came in a timely manner as far as I can remember.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good idea, I've just been reading about this elsewhere. Was going to get the FullTilt chipset but only saw very negatives reviews (just going to buy some chips instead). I have never used any of my points at any site, but am going to order from full tilt this week.

Last edited:
DINGO8MYBABY

DINGO8MYBABY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first year I was playing, I used FPPs at poker stars to buy a ballcap, which never arrived. I contacted Stars to let them know, and they were very apologetic, awarding me almost double the number of FPPs that the cap cost. I ended up using those points on tourney entries and a shirt, which arrived without any problems.

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good idea, I've just been reading about this elsewhere. Was going to get the FullTilt chipset but only saw very negatives reviews (just going to buy some chips instead). I have never used any of my points at any site, but am going to order from full tilt this week.

I was thinking also of buying the chipset. What were the negative reviews that you heard?

Last edited by a moderator:
ace2daface

ace2daface

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ordered a book from pokerstars in the last couple of days.

First time ive ordered anything from any pokersite for points.

ill let ye know how it goes.

hopefully it arrives soon as i have not got a new book in a while.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ordered the Hat and t-shirt combo from Stars about 2 months ago, for 1000 fpp and they confimed it in email with-in a week and had it to me in 3 weeks or so.The Quality of the hat is just ok and the t-shirt is decent.

Snow :cool:

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only thing I have ever ordered is a girl's shirt from Pokerstars. It arrived quickly and I loved it - though the sizes run very small and it almost didn't fit.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got the cheapest FTP cap a couple of years ago and the Sony HandyCam when we found out the wife was pregnant. Hat arrived in only a few days. Video camera took a few weeks. I like both. I'm thinking about getting the 24" monitor now so I can expand my poker playing real estate.

Don't forget that using FT points hits your MGR, and therefor your rakeback. Spending 1K points will cost you $1.35 in rakeback.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.fpppro.com/best-fpp-value.php

A great website explaining what gives you the best value for your FPP's on Pokerstars and generally explains the VIP system. From the chart your best value is to save up 700k points and buy a porche, but the t.v's are good value too. :rolleyes:

G

given68

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ordered a few items off of Full Tilt and you get them in a timely manner (jacket - hat). Pro knockout t-shirts take between 2-3 weeks but do come like clockwork. I have never ordered from any other site so jhave no idea how the other ones work.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do they charge an arm and a leg for shipping or is it fair?

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-ft -plastic cards - nice looking and good quality but too slippery and after
a little use become sticky
-ft - black longsleeve t-shirt - really nice
-ft - dufflebag/backpack -luv it

J

joeey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man i spent all my ftp's on buy ins there store's are way over price for stuff that says full tilt on them i maybe got 650 points from a years worth of playing but i would need like a 1000 just for some playing cards :mad: the buy ins are fun though i would just play and save maybe in 10 years i could get a hat:confused:

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking also of buying the chipset. What were the negative reviews that you heard?

Many had some kind of glue left on them from applying the logo, some people had damaged cases, and just cheap chips in general. I didn't read anything positive, supposedly they used to give away a better quality set in promotions.

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many had some kind of glue left on them from applying the logo, some people had damaged cases, and just cheap chips in general. I didn't read anything positive, supposedly they used to give away a better quality set in promotions.

The 500 chipset was going to be my first purchase, I'm only about a 1000 points off, or I was thinking of using those academy credits. Now I'm having second thoughts....

Has anyone got the chipset and is happy with it?

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i havent bought anything yet. but my 1st purchase was going to be a 3 month booster for cardrunners. after that i'm really not sure what i want. i was eyeing those plastic cards. though about even ordering some stuff to use as xmass presents. novelty stuff like the fultiltpoker portable dog bowl. the ballpoint pen.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 500 chipset was going to be my first purchase, I'm only about a 1000 points off, or I was thinking of using those academy credits. Now I'm having second thoughts....

I've been researching chipsets and ordered some samples. Those Full Tilt ones look familiar -- I think they are the customizable chips that a lot of places sell. Based on look and feel, you really don't want these. One of the samples even has a hump in the middle of it that would make it very hard to stack -- it does make a great toy-top, though (you can set it to spinning on top of another chip or a table, and it goes forever:D )

Of course, the Paulson chips are the nicest, but the NexGen are a close second. Even the Bicycle chips you can get at toy stores are much nicer than most of the other options.

F

Fokyernh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been researching chipsets and ordered some samples. Those Full Tilt ones look familiar -- I think they are the customizable chips that a lot of places sell. Based on look and feel, you really don't want these. One of the samples even has a hump in the middle of it that would make it very hard to stack -- it does make a great toy-top, though (you can set it to spinning on top of another chip or a table, and it goes forever:D )

Of course, the Paulson chips are the nicest, but the NexGen are a close second. Even the Bicycle chips you can get at toy stores are much nicer than most of the other options.

Yeah exactly..Just go to the Target toy section and you will find a nice big chip set for $19.95!

Pokerstars chip set..NOW THAT LOOKS LIKE A NICE CHIP SET!

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only thing I have ever ordered is a girl's shirt from Pokerstars. It arrived quickly and I loved it - though the sizes run very small and it almost didn't fit.

we like women who wear tight tops tho ;) lol

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Have you considered customs?

My custom ceramics:
chips.jpg

I paid $0.25 ea. for them, so not exactly cheap but $150 for the 600 I needed wasn't too bad either. They actually reran the green $20 chip for free after this pic was taken because I didn't like the color contrast on the 1st run.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those are cool, WV. Where can I get a sample of that customizable chip? I'd like to check them out for weight and overall "feel."

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

However they applied the logo looks very professional. It's certainly nothing you could ever scrape off. No glue, every chip is perfect. There are no humps or bumps. The case arrived in perfect shape. The chips are heavy weight, feel and sound nice enough to me. They are not lacquered clay, just a good composite. You would not embarass yourself bringing these anywhere.

I think it was BelgoSuisse that said you can't compare these chips to the ones Poker Stars offers. And he's probably right. But those cost something like 3 - 5 x the pts. If you're very picky about all the nuances of 'the perfect chip', maybe you should steer clear of the ones from Full Tilt. But yes, I'm very happy with them. I think they could last a lifetime. I got the deluxe set of 500 (no $$ values on them) for 14700 FTPs. They did take close to a month to arrive though.