Break things

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes while playing poker online , we fall in some situations , where we get very angry , maybe even break things ... Have you ever break or hit something while playing online poker ?.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never and probably never will. I just get depressed and thoughtful with myself. I either say well I will never win that tournament and was not ment to or I blame myself over how bad I played.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes while playing Poker online , we fall in some situations , where we get very angry , maybe even break things ... Have you ever break or hit something while playing online poker ?.
Only when playing on 888 and Stars. Then recently I decided to change my approach to the bad beats and am doing much better now.

badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never would i get that upset over a game..........but i learn't coping strategies in my early twenties as i had a bad gambling problem,,,,,,, im in my 40s now.........and i treat gambling as just fun................and only gamble an amount i would'nt care if i lost.......also never chase;)

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I would get mad at things that would happen when I had a vacuum tube TV monitor. The hard monitor and punch it. It hurt my knuckles more then damaged the computer. As the computer got more delicate, I got more delicate but still argue a lot.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got my monitor broken a couple of years ago and i say no more :D
Don't break things, prevent double losses.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
No!
I'm not expert in this field, but anger issues is not connected with poker... some of people will act like that because they can't controled their emotions so they passed to the things around them!
Aggressively releasing their emotions...when they don't get, what they want!

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
break things

of course not
i play for fun and i know the rules
i can t immaging someone to break things ...and after that to keep playing poker.
if that happens to anybody.....i advice him to stop playing poker. :cool::cool::cool:

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are always going to be bad beats in poker . You can't get that upset over a hand . You either have to find a calm way to deal with it or quit playing ( at least until you calm down ) or you will just go on tilt and lose more . Good luck .

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can understand that someone tilting very hard, can do stupid things like breaking or punching something. Just remind yourself everytime, that if you are going to break something, after that life will be the same, but with an extra problem - cleaning that mess you've done.

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to break a bunch of shit...

Now I have better self control

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never and probably never will. I just get depressed and thoughtful with myself. I either say well I will never win that tournament and was not ment to or I blame myself over how bad I played.
Good, some can t control themselves. I like the way you think about it . Professional
Only when playing on 888 and Stars. Then recently I decided to change my approach to the bad beats and am doing much better now.
Same for me . Specially on 888 , some bad beats turns you crazy. Anyway , just don t break expensive things.
never would i get that upset over a game..........but i learn't coping strategies in my early twenties as i had a bad gambling problem,,,,,,, im in my 40s now.........and i treat gambling as just fun................and only gamble an amount i would'nt care if i lost.......also never chase;)
Thank you , your answer as very helpful.;)

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would get mad at things that would happen when I had a vacuum tube TV monitor. The hard monitor and punch it. It hurt my knuckles more then damaged the computer. As the computer got more delicate, I got more delicate but still argue a lot.
i like your way of dealing with it .:cool: Like a boss
I got my monitor broken a couple of years ago and i say no more :D
Don't break things, prevent double losses.
Correct, I agree with you, it s better not to break anything . Thank you
No!
I'm not expert in this field, but anger issues is not connected with poker... some of people will act like that because they can't controled their emotions so they passed to the things around them!
Aggressively releasing their emotions...when they don't get, what they want!
I kinda agree with you , anger issues are not connected to poker , maybe controlling emotions is the reason behind breaking . Thank you
of course not
i play for fun and i know the rules
i can t immaging someone to break things ...and after that to keep playing poker.
if that happens to anybody.....i advice him to stop playing poker. :cool::cool::cool:
Better stop playing than breaking , and doubling the problems.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are always going to be bad beats in poker . You can't get that upset over a hand . You either have to find a calm way to deal with it or quit playing ( at least until you calm down ) or you will just go on tilt and lose more . Good luck .
I totally agree with you . Your point of view is correct. While playing , there is no reason to get angry, like u said bad beats happen, so either control yourself or quit playing . Thank you for your answer , it was very helpful.
I can understand that someone tilting very hard, can do stupid things like breaking or punching something. Just remind yourself everytime, that if you are going to break something, after that life will be the same, but with an extra problem - cleaning that mess you've done.
Yeah, instead of one problem, now u ll have to deal with 2 and maybe more lol .
I used to break a bunch of shit...

Now I have better self control
It s always good to learn from experiences . Good job .

badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good, some can t control themselves. I like the way you think about it . Professional

Same for me . Specially on 888 , some bad beats turns you crazy. Anyway , just don t break expensive things.

Thank you , your answer as very helpful.;)
glad i helped........maybe check out this video on youtube....Gambling Addiction & Me - The Real Hustler (Full Documentary) - Real Stories:ciao:

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, I did not break anything under the influence of emotions, but I had a great desire to break my monitor. I believe that at such moments, I just need to get up and go for a walk. It is better to take a break than to continue to be nervous.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When poker is on everybody's phones you will see phones thrown from bus windows with a lot of cursing!

Good luck !

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omg, sounds like an unstable emotional state. If somebody do this, it's time to heal their nerves.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Yes of course. In this year, I broke two mice, one keyboard and broke the cup. I hope that next year I will be able to better control my emotions.
Good luck.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I did not break anything under the influence of emotions, but I had a great desire to break my monitor. I believe that at such moments, I just need to get up and go for a walk. It is better to take a break than to continue to be nervous.
correct , i agree with you . it s better to take a break than breaking something .
When poker is on everybody's phones you will see phones thrown from bus windows with a lot of cursing!

Good luck !
lol i think i saw it once . hehe
Omg, sounds like an unstable emotional state. If somebody do this, it's time to heal their nerves.
well , not everyone manage to control their anger . but you re right .
Hi.
Yes of course. In this year, I broke two mice, one keyboard and broke the cup. I hope that next year I will be able to better control my emotions.
Good luck.
yes it s better than crushing things , and regret later . anyway , it s good that your you change your methode of dealing with it .