Borgata online - where exactly can you play?

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I received some very nice promotions from Borgata poker online. Problem is I live in NYC. I'm thinking of making a trip to a starbucks or hotel lobby in NJ to play one day. I've heard that if you are too close to the boarder the games don't work. Does anyone know where you can play in NJ and where you can't? Can you play in Exchange Place? Newport? Hoboken? Any advice appreciated!

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I'll update this because of the overwhelming response I had to this post. :) Ha Ha. In case anyone is interested in this topic, I did go to the Residence Inn by Marriott in NJ (80 Christopher Columbus Dr, Jersey City, NJ 07302) Grove Street stop on path train, to play my ticket -free $45 to play in a qualifier at borgatapoker.com as part of a new member sign up bonus. I played the 7.30pm satellite to the $600 land based poker tournament. The bar at the Marriott was great. It is on the 3rd floor with big windows overlooking the street and with lots of tables with electrical outlets and free wifi. I logged on and it said I could play. I was pretty excited. About one hour in to the tournament the system kicked me off and told me I could not play because it could not be determined I was in NJ. I had not moved at all since I started playing the tournament. It took me a while during which I lost the ability to play hands to get the game to accept me again by closing and restarting the software. This happened again when I was at final table which was very frustrating after spending all that time playing and because final table is so intense, I missed more hands. I had not moved at all during this whole time and was at the same table at the Marriott in NJ! I ended going out in 4th place (2 people got seats) when my AA was beat by A5 (all in pre flop) who made the wheel and beat my set of A. So sweet to see another A on the flop only to be crushed when I saw the straight. Oh well. So anyway, playing was a bit of a mixed experience. It was free so I guess I can't complain but if I had paid $45 for the satellite I would be a bit grumpy about getting disconnected twice, although it might not have made a difference anyway. I'd love to hear about other's experiences playing at borgata online.

C

ceco99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why not buy some proxy server and not install on your computer?

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your suggestion. I thought about that but I think they might be able to work that out. I think they check the router and 3 wifi signals as well and make sure those are NJ, and I'm not sure what else. Also you need to play on their software, it is not just a problem of accessing a web site that is blocked so I'm not sure it would even work to use a proxy server, would it?