BOL tournaments: No ante at any level?

FromHereOn

FromHereOn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not used to this format of play on my new site.

It feels like it takes forever in these games, and I recall ante coming in around $75/$150 on every site I've been on prior.

Is having no ante preferred for anybody? I imagine it's the worst for freerolls as the non-present players survive longer.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally wouldn't mind BO structures as it makes for more postflop play and longer structures in general.

I think I have an edge on the average player postflop that is wider than playing an all in game pre, so I want postflop to remain a part of the game longer.

A weaker player, especially one who is weak postflop, would probably be more apt to do better with antes than without them.

As far as how long the tournament takes, there are always turbo options for those in a rush.

Gary_Heart

Gary_Heart

Gotta Have Heart
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I’m not sure that no ante lengthens the BOL freerolls game much, if any. I have played over 3 hours in BOL freeroll tournaments which commonly have more that 2000 entrants. But I find the length of the game is directly related to the tenacity of the remaining players. Not that there was no ante as so many players kamikaze and bingo out early.

Gary_Heart

Gary_Heart

Gotta Have Heart
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
BTW - I enjoy the no ante at BOL because it is one less mandatory drain on my stack. Retaining the ante chips gives a player more power of choice as to when to place bets. And lessens the pressure of the rising blinds.