bodog software question

PurgatoryD

PurgatoryD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all,

I'm pretty new to the bodog software. I just got knocked out of the CC freeroll and while looking around I accidentally closed the tourney window. No problem, I thought. I'll just open it back up again. Uh... yeah, I can't seem to find that feature. If the tourney has already started, how do you get to the tournament lobby? I was just curious to see the exact place I got and where everyone was, etc.

That was my first game using bodog in about a year. Did they hire someone to try to make it difficult to use? When looking at your hand history, if you accidentally hit the search link, you're done. There is no "back" button. And if you're not in the tournament lobby, you can't get it back very easily. I had to do a hand history search on all of tonight's hands just to find it.

LOL, did I mention that I'm not a big fan of the software so far? :) I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Thanks for any help,
-Dave

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the main lobby, make sure you have the 'show registering' unchecked. Other sites make it clearer by saying 'show registering only'. Looking under 'status' for 'running', in blue.

The hand history is worthless. Last time I even tried fiddling with it, it would only give me one hand history - 20 hands later, same hand. And isn't it nice they'll only tell you what place you're in after you bust out? In a big tourney, you'll have no idea how close you are to the bubble. Your best guess is by average chip stack.

Yeah, I don't know what kind of monkeys they got over there. Don't get me wrong, I like the site, and their customer service. But the little there is to navigate there is not made any easier.

B

bilgert

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree divebitch- that bodog software is horrible. The lack of hand histories and the awkward betting interface is what keeps me away from it- even though it gives tremendous overlays on the 100k tournies.

PurgatoryD

PurgatoryD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the main lobby, make sure you have the 'show registering' unchecked. Other sites make it clearer by saying 'show registering only'. Looking under 'status' for 'running', in blue.

Oh man, no wonder I missed it. Yet another unintuitive "feature" of the site.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has difficulty there. If CC does cancel the bodog freeroll, I don't see myself going back there ever again.

Thanks for the info!

-Dave

t1tpfdc

t1tpfdc

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of same opinion re: bodog software. Leaves a lot to be desired!
But does anyone know, they must be aware of it and of players opinion of it, are they working on it at all?

W

whatafarse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to get your hand history right away, just click LAST HAND a few times quick and it will update

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to get your hand history right away, just click LAST HAND a few times quick and put your hand on your head and twirl around 3 times and it will update

Fixed your post. Thanks for the info. I'll try this next time. Can't believe you figured that out. Maybe a serendipitous accident out of frustration, pounding on the mouse? lol

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have to agree - the software is horrible. Playing there tilts the hell out of me. I will use up my last $30 or so dollars in some of the CC games but won't ever deposit there again.

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada