Bodog currency, WTF?

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I have an account at bodog (It's at bodog.ca, I guess because I'm from canada) and I had never made a deposit there. Today I won some money in a freeroll and to my surprise, it shows up in my account in CAD funds in which my winnings were converted from USD to CAD.

This is BS, now everytime I play a tourney my buy-in will be converted to USD and then converted back again to CAD when I win, where I'm sure bodog is taking a cut on the exchange rate (because I instantly had less $ (in USD) in my account than my winnings were).

I email customer support to say WTF, and told them to change my account currency to USD, in which they said:

Please note that we are unable to change you account currency since it depends on the originating country. Please be advised that although it shows US currency in the Poker room, your buy-in will be adjusted to Canadian dollar currency depending on the exchange rate at that time. Hope that this answers your inquiry,if you have further questions or if you want to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact us back since there are some information that we could not discuss over written correspondence.
We appreciate your understanding towards this matter.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Regards,
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana]
Poker Customer Service

[/FONT] poker@bodog.ca
1-877-263-6422 (1-877-BODOG-CA)
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
If I wanted to play exchange russian roulette, I would be in the forex.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The U.S.- Canadian exchange rate has been even or virtually even for some years now.... As of today, the Us dollar is trading a penny higher, so no loss there, just a bit of time to convert it back from Canadian.:tee:

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just retarded that my money has to sit in CAD funds when all the games are in US funds. And then be transferred back and forth when I want to play while loosing money to exchange everytime....

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your lucky the forex rates can move in your favour as well, the variation will be marginal, though i understand your problem, bodog customer service reply you posted was fairly polite.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember in 2005 playing on sunpoker and playing a lot of the euro or british pound mtts. It was very strange with the conversion rate. Anyways, no worries cuz, just roll with it.

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was basically just hoping there was some kind of workaround (Ie. Use one of their other sites or something) but I guess I just have to live with it if a want to play there. I mean, it's not a huge deal, just kind of a piss off. And you just know they are skimming a penny or two off every exchange transaction and getting rich in the process (unconfirmed of course); but I did have instantly less than my winnings in USD (shows both currencies on main page).

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Typical Canadian, thinking everyone is scamming them. :p

D

ddeely1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you want it in USD if you are from Canada anyways? Seems like canadian dollars would be more convenient. I don't think they are taking a cut on the exchange rate but I am not sure about that

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you want it in USD if you are from Canada anyways? Seems like canadian dollars would be more convenient. I don't think they are taking a cut on the exchange rate but I am not sure about that

If I'm playing games in USD, I would rather have my money on the site in USD. Ex. Think if you had CAD money in your account equivalent to $20 US and you went to play a tourney that was $20 with fee to enter, you go to buy-in and realize that the exchange has fluctuated a bit and now you only have the USD equivalent of 19.97 in your account. Now you don't have enough to buy-in.

Also I think moneybookers charges an exchange fee of 2.49%, which I use frequently.

P

paulyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So if my MB is USD... then i cannot deposit into bodog since it only accepts CAD? Or I can but i would be hit with a currency exchange fee everytime and how much? Just want to deposit 1k there.

If I have funds on bodog in CAD, does that mean check is the only way to withdraw? I read there is a 2.49% currency fee everytime if you withdraw from moneybookers. So does that mean i can withdraw from bodog CAD to moneybookers USD but i would get hit with a 2.49% currency fee everytime?

So if i want to withdraw 1000 CAD from bodog to moneybooker, it would cost about 24.90 cad?

Can someone explain the currency exchange fee everytime you buyin and cashout while on bodog?

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So if my MB is USD... then i cannot deposit into bodog since it only accepts CAD? Or I can but i would be hit with a currency exchange fee everytime and how much? Just want to deposit 1k there.

Did Bodog get moneybookers back or something? Last time I checked, they removed it as a payment option.

M

Marsd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that does seem annoying that they do that- Im guessing that they do make money off of the exchange- even if its a very tiny amount it does add up-
Im not really sure why they dont just wait to convert it when you cash out instead of every time-
I didnt know they did that--

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada