Bodog or Carbon? Which is better?

marvingubba

marvingubba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, I'm a US player trying to find a new home.
There may be other options and I'd appreciate you mentioning them but right now I'm considering...
bodog or Carbon. Which do you think is better, and why?

I play both cash games and tourneys but there is no way I'm depositing any money soon, so I'm looking for the best affiliate to download the software from. This means freerolls.

In addition to regularly scheduled freerolls, some affiliates offer exclusive weekly/monthly freerolls or satellite tournament tickets for downloading from their site.

Best so far for Carbon is Cardschat: $100 weekly freeroll.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Elivo

Elivo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all the merge sites have a few daily
free rolls, 200$ ia what I've seen. I havent
Noticed any monthly free roll tourneys though.
But I could just be missin them, as far as the
CC free rolls, j don't qualify for the free roll
club yet so I havnt really checked to see where
all they are held.

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got Carbon with rakebrain which is like 30% rakeback I believe, but I'm in the same boat as you - not making a deposit. Are there any good affiliate no-deposit offers for Bodog like extra freerolls as you mentioned?

d44ve

d44ve

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got Carbon with rakebrain which is like 30% rakeback I believe, but I'm in the same boat as you - not making a deposit. Are there any good affiliate no-deposit offers for Bodog like extra freerolls as you mentioned?

I know there are no-deposit offers for bodog. One that I saw was 10 dollars cash and a 11 dollar ticket to a 5000 guarantee tourney.

I like Bodog personally because you can also bet on sports with them... which, with the bonus you can use the money for sports wagers

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know there are no-deposit offers for bodog. One that I saw was 10 dollars cash and a 11 dollar ticket to a 5000 guarantee tourney.

I like Bodog personally because you can also bet on sports with them... which, with the bonus you can use the money for sports wagers

Can you get that offer directly from Bodog or do I have to dl from an affiliate?

d44ve

d44ve

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to get it from an affiliate, at least I did.

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^Hmm you don't remember the name of the affiliate?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are doing freerolls, Carbon is the way to go, Bodog does not have a big selection. I just went on yesterday and did not see the 2 a day they used to offer, maybe they just don't run on weekends.
Also their cash games and stts are awesome, soft, easy to build a roll.
The Mtt sngs take forever to fill, although that might change now if it picks up traffic.

d44ve

d44ve

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are doing freerolls, Carbon is the way to go, Bodog does not have a big selection. I just went on yesterday and did not see the 2 a day they used to offer, maybe they just don't run on weekends.
The Mtt sngs take forever to fill, although that might change now if it picks up traffic.

I would image that traffic is going to pick up a lot for them now that half the members of the other sites cant log in.

Elivo

Elivo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there much difference in the merge skins?
I've taken a look at carbon's site and unless
I'm missing a lot(very possible) it looked pretty
much the same as what I see on Lock

W

WiseOne06

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like bodog...easy opponents..people tend to be pretty big fish on that site

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've never had a problem cashing out from bodog...

-the freerolls are tuff on carbon ... 2000+players for 24 prizes...sat tickts and top 4 get cash too

you can only 4 table on bodog ..and there are less sng options

S

sw7104

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing on Bodog and it's wretched. Stars software was top notch. I'm almost willing to rent a virtual desktop in an offshore data center and install Stars on it and play from there.

And that's how bad an experience it is playing on Bodog. (I do like their sports book, except that it crashed when I tried to put money on last year's KY Derby, and of course, my horse won earning me nothing but "sorry"....)

marvingubba

marvingubba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hi d44ve,

Can you PM me the affiliate too?

Thanks!

dcor

dcor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you honestly think any site is a "wise" idea to put money on?....I sure don't.

G

Giles

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bodog is pretty good
But I prefer carbon poker because of the game play

C

Corey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bodog sucks for Multitablers, only can play 4 games at a time

volc90

volc90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
have any of you guys deposited on Carbon? and if so what method did you use?

O

Oil_Fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have any of you guys deposited on Carbon? and if so what method did you use?
Carbon used to be fairly easy but that's changed recently. It used to be that you paid something like 2% fee to fund the account using your checking account but I think it's a bit harder now.

Bodog took me a good week to get any money into. And yes, they only allow 4 tables at a time. I also prefer the software of Carbon.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you honestly think any site is a "wise" idea to put money on?....I sure don't.

as long as you dont put your life savings on a site, just a small amount to play with, you cant go wrong. People wanna play online poker, so they have to take the risk of depositing.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as long as you dont put your life savings on a site, just a small amount to play with, you cant go wrong. People wanna play online poker, so they have to take the risk of depositing.

+1. I'm going to pick a site and put 50 bucks on it. If things work out great. If the DOJ messes it up oh well, its the same money as going out to a movie.

elvis mcburgerking

elvis mcburgerking

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can actually cash out at BODOG. I have, and I was impressed with how fast they send you your money. And for me, it did not bounce! The software is laggy sometimes, not great. sometimes it freezes up on their end.......but what else is new!

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This appears to be happening. There were over 10000 online last night, pretty much double traffic. And i played a $5, 45 player MTT SNG last night for probably the first time since Carbon began. :)

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada