Best room to start playing poker?

E

elpotroavarece

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I am a newbie in this world of poker. And i want to know, the advantages and disadvantage between the rooms, mainly between party poker and poker stars! If someone can help me i will be I'll be very greatful :D:D:D

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I am a newbie in this world of poker. And i want to know, the advantages and disadvantage between the rooms, mainly between party poker and poker stars! If someone can help me i will be I'll be very greatful :D:D:D
Party poker does not allow heads up display stat tracking on other players. Less player pool all around and different payouts for Multi table tournaments. 1st and 2nd receive almost the same in some cases. pokerstars is full of regs but if your a decent player you should be able to be break even at worst but the player are a lot tougher. I would look into other options like 888 also “best first bonus”

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would suggest PokerStars since I started with this room myself. They have a poker school and if you pass the exam after studying, then you get tickets to the tables sit-and-go.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think 888poker is a good room for a novice player. There are many freerolls to build a bankroll and generally a lot of games.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would advise Poker Stars, I have been playing it myself for about 10 years with interruptions, it is easy to deposit and withdraw money. Almost always new promotions, bonuses for beginners

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I like 888 Poker. This site has many advantages.
First of all, there are good conditions for new players there, in addition there is a large selection of different freerolls.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont have any recent experience with partypoker, so I cannot offer a direct comparison. Personally however I would start at PokerStars, if I were to do it all over again. PokerStars specifically have two game types, which are great for beginners, and that is the 2NL-5NL full ring cash games and 45 man SnGs.

2NL-5NL cash games on Stars are great, because the rake is low. 3,5% for 2NL and 4,15% for 5NL. PartyPoker charge the more industry typical 5% across the board. This matter, because a 5% rake cut up to 10BB/100 out of your winrate, so it makes it more difficult to beat the games and start building a bankroll.

I also recommend starting with full ring cash games, because its somewhat easier and more straight forward than playing 6-max. On PartyPoker than is not even an option, which to me is definitely an argument for choosing PokerStars as a beginner.

45 man SnGs on Stars are great, because they run all the time, and the rake is reasonable like 9c for a 1$ SnG. Single table SnGs on Stars are however not great for beginners, because then they charge 15c for a 1$ SnG and 21c for a 1,5$ SnG. So if single table SnGs is your preferred game, you might want to start somewhere else.

You might also want to consider moving somewhere else, when you have played for a while and build your bankroll up to something like 300-500$. If you play 10NL cash games, now the rake on PokerStars is 4,5%, and then it might matter more, that other sites such as PartyPoker offer better reward programs.

You might also want to start playing tournaments, and in my opinion PokerStars is not a good site for that. The rake for small stakes tournaments on PokerStars is 20% higher than anywhere else, and the fields are also very large, which increase variance as well as the amount of time, you need to dedicate to the task.

I understand, I have talked a lot about rake, and it might seem very nit-picky to complain about differences like paying 15c instead of 10c for a 1$ SnG. But really we need to see ourselfes as customers, and you would probably not choose to pay 50% more for your groceries just to shop in a different store. So this is actually a main reason for choosing one poker site over another, especially since they essentially all offer the same sort of games.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
888 and blackchip poker are good for beginners. A lot of weak players and you will not often lose at first

T

Trueskill

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its pokerstars, cuz here playing a lot of good players and u can improve your level here.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR and william hill are good for newbies because they have decent freerolls to try . 888 has some freerolls but too much gambling there due to their fast tournament structures.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the comment above

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would highly recommend learning on whichever site has the most freerolls available. Play for free first, learn, and then consider depositing money. (or hopefully never depositing at all)

X

xeromidas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you like soft sit&go and mtt Ipoker network is 4me a nice poker room to start a bankroll. The rake in micro is not outrageousand is damm soft, 40/15 on average in 6handed tables. I started with the $0.50 the past week and by now i have a 30% ROI with a 450games sample, soft as baby shiiit:icon_sile

I

IceMan1087

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR a bunch of freerolls. It's good because you can play for money 'which is better competetion" and at the same time you aren't spending money while learning

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you plan to deposit, PokerStars offers a wide variety of games.

If you want to start a bankroll from zero, 888poker (Freerolls)

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If you want to build your bankroll without deposing money.
I would say pokerstars and play cardschat freroll.
But 888 poker is a good room if you want to make a big first deposit.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There is a lot of time that I don't play in 888 poker, but When I started, My impression was that the players there were weaker than PS. You can more than one site, there are good promotions for new players in both.

hgleb

hgleb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
888 poker room

As for me, the best poker room is 888, there is an opportunity to make a deposit from scratch for a beginner. Exactly what is needed

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars has the largest number of participants and the largest number of tournaments. but the rakeback is bad. in this sense, it is inferior to the party.

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried small deposit as beginner at Party, ACR, PS, and 888. 888 had best opportunity for me as beginner and is my highest bankroll to date, but I was able to at least triple bankroll at all sites within a few months with freerolls, promotions, and some NL1/2 cash games. Definitely start posting and get in CC FRClub for best daily freerolls at ACR and PS.

S

SoulCard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR has alot of freerolls daily. Im from the US so I play on ACR, ignition/Bovada, intertops and Bet-Online. Bet-online and Ignition have the softer players in my opinion. ACR has the biggest tournament pools but sometimes has software issues. Also have had some problems with the bonus structure and payouts on them. Ignition is the quickest and easiest to cash out. Have fun and GL at Pokerstars.

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me its pokerstars to start your firs game of poker :D good luck all

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are starting in the world of poker the best room would be Pokerstars and Americas Cardroom.