Best pokersite for MTT players?

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself that I am best in MTT. I would like to start play regularly 1$ buyins. Which pokersite is the best for MTT players in your opinion? Where is the best ratio between prizepool and number of players? Thats why I dont like PS in this, cause even If you get ITM, last prizes are only around buy-in. But I guess in smaller pokersites you can find tourney with same prizepool and buyin with less players, so bigger prizes. Where? :D

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bigger prizepool with less players ?? I think the pokersites know their math.
If u play on stars or FTP u have the best MTT- tournaments on the market. Only problem is u have to grind ur way through hugh playerfields on the low stakes. If u look for smaller fields with soft playerpool try PKR.

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bigger prizepool with less players ?? I think the pokersites know their math.
If u play on stars or FTP u have the best MTT- tournaments on the market. Only problem is u have to grind ur way through hugh playerfields on the low stakes. If u look for smaller fields with soft playerpool try PKR.

Yep and thats pretty big problem :) cause even if they have bigger prizepools, the prizes are actually smaller cause of number of players :)

Yes ofcourse pokersites know their math, but for example on iPoker network, all pokersites has pretty much same regular tournaments (1000$ GP daily for example) but there is slightly different field of players. So in one pokersite, you can win slightly bigger for same prize, than in other. Thats what I was asking for.

Anyway thanks for PKR tip I will look at it.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Weenie, thats not exactly making sense. For the most part with if any slight variations all poker sites are essentially going to be using the same formula to determine the payouts of a tournament, and in most cases a min cash everyone is only slightly above your buy-in (this is how they can have such a juicy top 3-5 payouts).

I mean I don't understand the logic of your thought, now I could be wrong but if you have a 1k daily as you indicated and you get 1000 entries for 1$ then chances are its going to pay probably 100 - 120 players (usually talking top 10% paid in an mtt) and looking at maybe 20% payout fir first so like 200 (possibly less). This is going to be pretty much the same regardless of the field in the tournament.

If you have the same tourny on pstars, and they get 3k entrants then it now has a 3k pricepool so essentially will be paying out 300 - 360 and first would be between 500-600. The more entrants does reduce slightly the payouts in that its not exactly 3x because you get 3x as many players (as sometimes with more entrants it may pay a few extra than just top 10-12%).

Again this is all just my thoughts on the matter from a "LOGICAL" standpoint, all is equal by way of buy-in vs # of entrants vs payouts?

Just my thoughts, I'm sure if you googled there are probably formulas out there determining spots paid etc but obviously each site may have variations but if you get 3$ for a min cash on one site compared to 1$ on another for the same 1$ buyin then its either paying out a smaller % of the field or its not very top heavy for payout (which most are, thus the reason we play them :D).

edit: as psychotie indicated ftp and stars are probably two of the best sites out there for mtt's, both have excellent micro options and like 55c tournies and although pstars has a much higher traffic rate and thus higher entrants for the tournies ftp gets a decent traffic as well. honestly havn't played much on other sites other than freerolls so couldn't attribute to anywhere like bovada or carbon in regards to the $$ tournies.

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will try to explain :)

lets say that example which I gave 1000$ guaranteed tourney with 1$ buyin. I know that when there is more than 1000players prizepool is getting bigger cause of buyins, so if there is 1500 or 2500 players doesnt really matter, cashes are very similar, just more players getting paid.

But lets say there will be only 700 players on some pokersite in 1000$ tourney. So only around 70 players get paid, that logically means bigger prizes. And thats what I was asking for. I hope I am clear enough now :)

Last edited:
dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most poker sites will have similar payout structures. What it sounds like you are looking for are tourneys with big overlays. Well, you won't find overlays at many $1 tourneys. The bigger the buy-in the more likely an overlay.

In which case, Merge big buck tourneys seldom make the guarantee's. They come close most of the time.

IMHO, since you can play at Stars or Tilt, stick with those places just because when you do cash big, you can get to your money.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, like dj11 indicated you are seeking overlay. Sites will do whatever they can to eliminate overlay because it means they are loosing money. -EV for the pokersite haha.

I think this is a big reason why the reentry, multientry type tournaments became because its a better chance to hit the guarentee and works well in favor for the pokerplayer as well with such advantages.

If a site has any stretch of overlay on the tourny whereby they actually pay out more than they take in (basically they pay out in prizes more than the pool and the rake they have taken) then you will quickly see such a guarenteed amount get lowered.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 180 seater tournaments on pokerstars are very enjoyable to play and give a decent prize for your entry without having to wade through thousands of players.

soncheebs

soncheebs

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Black Chip Poker's $6 dollar 1kguar rebuys that run at 1pm/5pm EST have consistent overlays...sometimes only 40-50 bucks but sometimes as much as 200...but the value in these tournaments counts on you being able to stay disciplined and not rebuy a bunch of times...let the other idiots run the prizepool up, not you!

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
888 has been a great site for me. If you live in an eligible country I would recommend you give it a shot.

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
888 has been a great site for me. If you live in an eligible country I would recommend you give it a shot.

Which games do you play there? SNG, MTT, cash? Tourneys there didnt "amazed" me very much.. Maybe I didnt look carefully :) Thanks for response

Airburn

Airburn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstars #1
FTP #2
IMO Best 2 sites for MTT's out their right now!

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a American player I would say carbon although there cash outs are not to fast. If I had the chance to play on tilt or stars I would definitely play it over carbon.

Fishpicker13

Fishpicker13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play at Carbon and they are regularly advertising this tourney or that with overlay, but I have noticed that the small stakes tourneys always cover with re-buys, add-ons, or re-entrys. It seems the late registration period varies so you may look for a tourney with shorter ones. Otherwise, play to win...

Dalsue214

Dalsue214

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being from the USA, Lock & Juicy have soft players and overlays, but everyone knows their deal with cashouts. I would say Carbon.